01-08-08, 10:24 AM   #1
VenomSdM
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Best UI for a raiding Mage

Hello all guys, i want to know in your opionion which is the best UI for an end gaming raiding mage.

I need something clear (max 1280x1024) and with the most info about the raid well visible on screen

Thanks in advance!
01-08-08, 10:42 AM   #2
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by VenomSdM
Hello all guys, i want to know in your opionion which is the best UI for an end gaming raiding mage.

I need something clear (max 1280x1024) and with the most info about the raid well visible on screen

Thanks in advance!
I thought of just the thing, DIY UI its amazing.

Last edited by Slakah : 01-08-08 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Fixed Link
01-08-08, 10:45 AM   #3
VenomSdM
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for reply, but the link didn't work properly.
It goes on generic download UI page!
01-08-08, 10:50 AM   #4
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
owned!

coming back on-topic...wat Slakah meant is the best UI is the one u make urself...try out diff addons and see which are useful for u or look at some UIs in the download section and make one urself...something tht ur comfortable with....if u cant really make one urself then the UI downloads section is the best choice for u...browse thru and see which UIs look good and have addons which u think u need to have
01-08-08, 10:57 AM   #5
Voonka
A Cyclonian
Well with as many compilations as are out there its tough to say which is the best. Personally I like Seerah's UI when it comes to raiding on a mage. It was built by a mage, and works well on a mage. However, if you were to get yourself a unit frame mod, a bar mod, a buff mod, and a cooldown watcher, you'd have the bare bones mods you would need to raid effectively and with a clean and clear UI.

For Frames: I would suggest Pitbull, but if you want something ready to go Perfectraid by Cladhaire, or Grid are informational and clean. The advantages of Pitbull would be that you can set up however you like.

As far as bars, Thats not totally essential but it helps to clean up your UI and give you lost of space for placing unit frames. I would suggest bongos2. Its simple and infinitely configure-able.

The buff mod also helps to keep you aware of what you have and what you need. ElkanoBuffBars works good for these. This isn't really "essential" either, but its something I consider to be a great way to streamline a UI.

For Cooldowns theres really too many mods to list. Hourglass would be the main one that comes to mind. This can really help you plan your next casts, and then you don't have to watch the little gray pie clock ticking away on spell icon.

Heres a few compilations that I've used and liked on a mage:
PhotekUI-http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/3459/
MirageUI-http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info3840-MirageUIInsomniaxRecompilation.html
SpartanUI-http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7221-SpartanUI.html
SewellUI-http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7110-SewellUI.html

I highly recommend Photek of all these, but they're all great.
01-08-08, 11:08 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I thought you said you liked mine? -jk-
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-08-08, 01:50 PM   #7
Broh
A Murloc Raider
wonderfully helpful people on this forum. <wonders why he even tries to read the crap on here>

can't you people just give him a better answer than "Do it yourself"

maybe he either doesn't have the time to tweak an entire UI or he doesn't have the skill in which to do it.

I have used a modified version of Snorecraft UI. lots of good mods in there and It was easy to set up.

if you have time to do your own here are a few things I use.

I heavily use Pitbull and mainly ACE2 mods. which lets me use WAU (WowAce Updater).

I don't use CTRaid but I do use DBM (deadly boss mod).

I use Trinity bars 2.0 for my button bars. not WAU enabled

dependent on what you need or use. getting a good list of mods you want and need then arranging them on your screen (can take as little as an hour, but could take a full night of play) leads to a great play experience when you are done setting up. It is worth the wait.

I hope this was more helpful than some of the bumguards above.

Broh

Last edited by Broh : 01-08-08 at 01:52 PM.
01-08-08, 02:08 PM   #8
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

I could understand you don't feel like making your own, but it truly is the best to create something you like. It would be how you wanted it, and I think this is the best way to go.

There is also many other UIs out there. There is some here at WoW Interface, Curse, everywhere.

Take a look around, look at the pictures, see what you like, etc.

All comes down to your choice. You decide what you like and what you want!
01-08-08, 02:25 PM   #9
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Broh
wonderfully helpful people on this forum. <wonders why he even tries to read the crap on here>

maybe he either doesn't have the time to tweak an entire UI or he doesn't have the skill in which to do it.

I have used a modified version of Snorecraft UI. lots of good mods in there and It was easy to set up.

if you have time to do your own here are a few things I use.

I heavily use Pitbull and mainly ACE2 mods. which lets me use WAU (WowAce Updater).

I don't use CTRaid but I do use DBM (deadly boss mod).

I use Trinity bars 2.0 for my button bars. not WAU enabled

dependent on what you need or use. getting a good list of mods you want and need then arranging them on your screen (can take as little as an hour, but could take a full night of play) leads to a great play experience when you are done setting up. It is worth the wait.

I hope this was more helpful than some of the bumguards above.

Broh
Well I could link him to some random ass compilation of which I personally like, but then what would be the point. Whats so hard about sifting through the compilations section and decide from screenshot's what works.
01-08-08, 02:39 PM   #10
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

I say Seerah's Suitcase (A raiding Mage!) or Lyn UI

Both support 1280x1024
01-08-08, 03:35 PM   #11
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Broh

From my personal experience I take a alot less time tweaking all my random mods I use to make the UI suit me then I do trying to figure out how to get the few compilations I've tried and mostly they didn't give me all that I wanted and too much of stuff I didn't want.

So I recommend you go through the compilation section, find some you think look good, try them out and if it doesn't work out download the mods you liked from them and set it up like you want it.
01-08-08, 05:09 PM   #12
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You could try my UI. It's called Dread UI. It's awesome

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
01-09-08, 06:01 AM   #13
VenomSdM
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Very thanks to all replied to my request

Before posting here i looked around for some weeks here, cursegaming, world of war ecc

So i have my experience in UI.

Create my own UI is impossibile, cause i really have no time to start making one from zero.

i'd like to find a good base where i can work on, and the i can customize it

I wanted to know your personal opinion, cause it is important for me to choose the right path.
I think there are a lot of Mages here that can give me their feedback!

In the past i tryed Alekk UI, Mazzle Ui and many others but what i'm searching is something with MANY info on screen (i have a good PC so no problem with memory usage), something clear to see, with Omen, Violation and all tools needed for raiding.

My problem is the max res of my screen (1280x1024)

Raiding mages of this great place, plz i need your help!
01-09-08, 11:03 AM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
People already gave you some suggestions. Try mine. I do fine with it, though I prefer not to have the screen cluttered, myself. And if you want to change something, the readme tells you what every addon does and how to change it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-10-08, 02:48 AM   #15
VenomSdM
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thx a lot Seerah, i will try your UI as soon as i solve my current ui problems

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Best UI for a raiding Mage