01-13-13, 02:12 AM   #281
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks for r7, Gethe, Nib. Just want to say that RealUI's really been my default UI. I can't work as effectively without it. (Last week, I was able to level a Brewmaster Monk from 1-90. RealUI was instrumental in that achievement ).

More power!

01-13-13, 10:52 AM   #282
regen1337
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Assign Loot not working
it is possible to assign green items but epics dont work always error and you have to disable all addons to assign loot

is there a fix for this ?

01-13-13, 02:30 PM   #283
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by regen1337 View Post
Assign Loot not working
it is possible to assign green items but epics dont work always error and you have to disable all addons to assign loot

r7a is now available and should have fixed this.

01-13-13, 02:31 PM   #284
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Assign Loot not working

I've uploaded a fix for this. If you want, you can just copy the file at AddOns\nibRealUI\Modules\Loot.lua

Originally Posted by Anj View Post
Thanks for r7, Gethe, Nib. Just want to say that RealUI's really been my default UI. I can't work as effectively without it. (Last week, I was able to level a Brewmaster Monk from 1-90. RealUI was instrumental in that achievement ).

More power!
Thanks Anj. I love your avatar, the Cinder Kitten is so adorable.

01-13-13, 11:54 PM   #285
jyggen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I installed RealUI a few days ago and love it so far! However, there's a few issues I'd like to report.

The first isse is the tracking of the mage DoT "Nether Tempest" which seems to refresh itself when it reaches zero. If I then cast a new Nether Tempest on the target there'll be two DoTs on the target (according to the tracker that is), and when there's two DoTs the first "refreshing" one will disappear once it reaches zero and the new second one will start to refresh instead (by the looks of it).

The second one is apparently fixed in the latest update (can't master loot), so I'll just skip that. The third issue might not be RealUI related, but sometimes Blizzard's own raid frames appears in the top-left of the screen (slightly below the minimap). I don't know the cause of this or the conditions, but I've managed to sometimes trigger it by opening the BigWigs settings, so the issue might be due to some sort of conflict with BigWigs. I'll keep poking and report back.

I'd also like to point out that, as a new user, I find the lack of documentation annoying. Stuff like "Where's the calendar? Ah, you click the time." and "Seriously, only three hotba... oh cool, you can press Ctrl!" makes me wonder what other cool hidden features I've missed.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm really enjoying this UI so far! <3

Edit: Another thing, the BugSack button seems to be hidden behind the minimap (http://i.pback.se/50f3a48d6fc64.jpg), don't know if it's intended or not.

Last edited by jyggen : 01-14-13 at 12:24 AM.

01-14-13, 06:03 PM   #286
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by jyggen View Post
I installed RealUI a few days ago and love it so far! However, there's a few issues I'd like to report.

The first isse is the tracking of the mage DoT "Nether Tempest" which seems to refresh itself when it reaches zero. If I then cast a new Nether Tempest on the target there'll be two DoTs on the target (according to the tracker that is), and when there's two DoTs the first "refreshing" one will disappear once it reaches zero and the new second one will start to refresh instead (by the looks of it).

The second one is apparently fixed in the latest update (can't master loot), so I'll just skip that. The third issue might not be RealUI related, but sometimes Blizzard's own raid frames appears in the top-left of the screen (slightly below the minimap). I don't know the cause of this or the conditions, but I've managed to sometimes trigger it by opening the BigWigs settings, so the issue might be due to some sort of conflict with BigWigs. I'll keep poking and report back.

I'd also like to point out that, as a new user, I find the lack of documentation annoying. Stuff like "Where's the calendar? Ah, you click the time." and "Seriously, only three hotba... oh cool, you can press Ctrl!" makes me wonder what other cool hidden features I've missed.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm really enjoying this UI so far! <3

Edit: Another thing, the BugSack button seems to be hidden behind the minimap (http://i.pback.se/50f3a48d6fc64.jpg), don't know if it's intended or not.
I don't have a Mage, but i'll get on the PTR (premades FTW!) and check this out.

have you tried disabling BigWigs to see if the issue persists?

BugSack is not actually behind the minimap. The texture that would be there was just changed to not be visible until there is an error.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll see about making a more comprehensive beginner tutorial.

01-15-13, 12:11 PM   #287
Ruvengaard
A Cyclonian
Question Huge Interface !!

Thanks a million times for this great work !! I moved from ElvUI a couple a weeks ago and I must say that I love it so far.

And here is for my very stupid question : How do I access the Raid menus ?

I mean, I start a group and want to switch to raid mode, access land markers, ask for roles verification and stuff like that, How should I do ? Same thing when I have an assist in my Roster I can access the Raid menus (or at least I've never been clever enough to find them ).

Thanks again for your amazing job.

Live long and prosper .

Take care,
Ruven.

01-15-13, 02:37 PM   #288
Midjet
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hey there quick question; was talking to some guild mates and apparently on the stock UI against Garalon you see seperate frames for the legs, however I don't get this in real ui.

Am I missing something or is it just not an option with custom ui's?

01-15-13, 11:12 PM   #289
webster259
A Cyclonian
Grid Issue

I am running into this strange issue with grid. If I am in a 10 man raid group outside of a raid and there are more than 10 people in the group (e.g. someone is in group 5 or 6 for sorting) Grid changes to a 40 man configuration and interferes with my action bars. However upon entering the raid, Grid goes back to the normal 10 man config. Has anyone else noticed anything like this. I tried re-installing and re-initializing and it seems to still be doing it. Thanks

<EDIT>
I was just doing a Sha of Anger kill and it seems like any amount of people in a raid over the set size by the raid leader causes this problem. The raid leader had the group size set to 10 man for the Sha kill but there were 30+ people and grid was showing all of the people in the entire raid.

Last edited by webster259 : 01-16-13 at 06:57 PM.

01-16-13, 06:04 AM   #290
regen1337
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Vengence Tracker not working bar is always at 1% but amount track is working

01-16-13, 04:48 PM   #291
webster259
A Cyclonian
Haunt Timer

Are there any plans of implementing a Haunt timer for warlocks into IceHUD?

01-16-13, 07:55 PM   #292
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Ruvengaard View Post
Thanks a million times for this great work !! I moved from ElvUI a couple a weeks ago and I must say that I love it so far.

And here is for my very stupid question : How do I access the Raid menus ?

I mean, I start a group and want to switch to raid mode, access land markers, ask for roles verification and stuff like that, How should I do ? Same thing when I have an assist in my Roster I can access the Raid menus (or at least I've never been clever enough to find them ).

Thanks again for your amazing job.

Live long and prosper .

Take care,
Ruven.
The menu should be on the left side of the screen, just below the minimap. It'll be minmized as a small arrow, click that to show the menu.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Midjet View Post
Hey there quick question; was talking to some guild mates and apparently on the stock UI against Garalon you see seperate frames for the legs, however I don't get this in real ui.

Am I missing something or is it just not an option with custom ui's?
The boss frames are hidden by default, you can unhide them by opening the RealUI options (/realui) FrameMover -> Hide Frames

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by webster259 View Post
I am running into this strange issue with grid. If I am in a 10 man raid group outside of a raid and there are more than 10 people in the group (e.g. someone is in group 5 or 6 for sorting) Grid changes to a 40 man configuration and interferes with my action bars. However upon entering the raid, Grid goes back to the normal 10 man config. Has anyone else noticed anything like this. I tried re-installing and re-initializing and it seems to still be doing it. Thanks
This is how the open world auto-layout is set up. It determines what layout to use based on what groups are in use. So, for example, if you have 11 people in the raid ( in groups 1, 2, and 3) it will use the 15 man layout. If the one guy in group 3 moves to group 4 the layout will change to 25 Man (Grid doesn't have a 20 man layout)

I did it this way for two reasons:
  1. If it just went by size you might not see everyone. Using the above example, that one guy that moved to group 4 would now not be visible since you still have 11 people and 11 = 3 groups.
  2. I wanted to maintain the integrity of each individual group so that you know, at a glance, what group each toon is in.

Also keep in mind that this was made with World Bosses in mind, when inside an instance the layout will be based on the max group size for the instance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Vengence Tracker not working bar is always at 1% but amount track is working
The old behavior was based on the Vengeance cap in Cata, which was Stamina plus 10% of base health. At the beginning of Mists the cap was completely removed. I couldn't think of a good way to track something that didn't have a cap, so I left it as is.

As of last week, Vengeance is now capped at your max health. In r7, I implemented this change to the bar. You don't typically see Vengeance get very high unless in a raid (and on some fights, not even then), so depending on the content you're running you just won't see that big bar anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there any plans of implementing a Haunt timer for warlocks into IceHUD?
i'll look in to it.

01-16-13, 08:02 PM   #293
webster259
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
This is how the open world auto-layout is set up. It determines what layout to use based on what groups are in use. So, for example, if you have 11 people in the raid ( in groups 1, 2, and 3) it will use the 15 man layout. If the one guy in group 3 moves to group 4 the layout will change to 25 Man (Grid doesn't have a 20 man layout)

I did it this way for two reasons:
  1. If it just went by size you might not see everyone. Using the above example, that one guy that moved to group 4 would now not be visible since you still have 11 people and 11 = 3 groups.
  2. I wanted to maintain the integrity of each individual group so that you know, at a glance, what group each toon is in.
From the way you describe I think that's a great idea, I think the problem that I am running into is that when the group switches to 40 man, grid begins to overlap the bottom two action bars instead of resizing itself to remain within the designated area. Once I am able to, I will provide a screenshot to try and better explain what I mean

Grid Screenshot

You can see in this picture better what I am trying to explain if you look right around the area of where bar 2 and bar 3 are

Last edited by webster259 : 01-16-13 at 08:37 PM.

01-16-13, 09:20 PM   #294
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
From the way you describe I think that's a great idea, I think the problem that I am running into is that when the group switches to 40 man, grid begins to overlap the bottom two action bars instead of resizing itself to remain within the designated area. Once I am able to, I will provide a screenshot to try and better explain what I mean

Grid Screenshot

You can see in this picture better what I am trying to explain if you look right around the area of where bar 2 and bar 3 are
Hmmm that is a problem. My monitor is fairly high res (1920x1200) so i didn't really think of this. Try switching it to vertical groups. It'll take up more horizontal space, but shouldn't overlap your action bars. I'll see about making a better solution.

01-17-13, 04:02 AM   #295
Lex_slayerpride
A Defias Bandit
When i rake a target in boomkin (does more damage then the dots of sunfire)the bleed (DOT) is over lapped by moonfire/sunfire dot tracker. Also can you make it possivle to have exclipse tracker be on all the time?

01-17-13, 08:04 AM   #296
Sojiro84
Greetings!

I just discovered this lovely little interface yesterday. I have been making my own UI's for years since 2005 but off course nothing so advanced as this.

I just got back to the game after quitting shortly after the release of Cataclysm and since I was too lazy to start over from scratch I tried looking for a pre-compiled interface to give me a starting point.

I have tried ElvUI and I loved it but I was also eager to try this out. And so I did yesterday! Even-though it is a very different interface from what I am used to I do think I love it.

I did changed/removed some addons (which where not essential to the core UI experience) like easy-mail with postal and removed some non-essential addons I do not find useful to suite it to my own taste.

As an example of what I have removed is the re-skinned blizzard frames. They where too transparent for my taste so I removed the art and the addon that came with this art.

As a replacement I installed Skinner because I love the effect it does. There is only one thing that bugs me.

Does your interface or a included addon change the tooltip skin? I can see my Skinner effect on the tooltip but there is also a small big black border around it even-though I disabled the borders with Skinner. I remember before Skinner that the tooltip was pitch black so this pitch black art could still be in effect.

Are you able to help me with this? Is there something with your UI that changes the tooltip? How can I remove that black effect so that only the Skinner effect remains?

There is also a small problem with the hotbars. On the third bar from the top all the way to the right I can't click on the buttons. I can see myself clicking and the button effect but the spell does not trigger. I don't have this problem in raid's/bg's most of the time.

Sorry for the wall of text! Thanks in advance for the answer!

Edit: Fixed the tooltip. Was indeed a module from your UI. I now only have the problem that the third bar doesn't seem to work in city's mostly.

Last edited by Sojiro84 : 01-17-13 at 02:40 PM.

01-17-13, 04:13 PM   #297
Severek
A Defias Bandit
You can install nibWindowSize to re-size the frames, though they may endup a bit blurry.[/quote]

Please tell me how to call in the game menu nibWindowSize ?
Command /drop-down lists scale does not cause menu addon.
Thank you beforehand.

01-17-13, 04:38 PM   #298
Severek
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
If you don't like the transparent texture you can delete the Interface\PetBattles folder to get the default textures back. The only stand-alone addon I know of that actually skins the in-battle UI is WoWkemon, and I am not currently working on one that better fits RealUI

You can install nibWindowSize to re-size the frames, though they may endup a bit blurry.
Originally Posted by Severek View Post
You can install nibWindowSize to re-size the frames, though they may endup a bit blurry.

Thank you beforehand.[/quote]

http://my-files.ru/Download/0o2u/WoW...813_023301.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_011813_023301.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	763.9 KB
ID:	7522  

01-19-13, 04:48 PM   #299
tresser
A Cyclonian
evening gents.

79x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn "nibRealUI" tried to call the protected function "MultiBarLeft:originalShow()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:587: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:587>
<in C code>
FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:88: in function <FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:66>
FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:101: in function <FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:94>
FrameXML\FrameLocks.lua:120: in function "Show"
FrameXML\MultiActionBars.lua:60: in function "MultiActionBar_Update"
FrameXML\ActionBarController.lua:160: in function "ValidateActionBarTransition"
FrameXML\ActionBarController.lua:127: in function "ActionBarController_UpdateAll"
FrameXML\ActionBarController.lua:53: in function <FrameXML\ActionBarController.lua:42>

Locals:
nil

Last edited by tresser : 01-20-13 at 04:12 PM.

01-19-13, 05:17 PM   #300
Ordrosh
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Severek View Post
Thank you beforehand.
http://my-files.ru/Download/0o2u/WoW...813_023301.jpg[/quote]

according to the addonpage for nibWindowSize you have to edit its config.lua to set it up

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI