11-17-14, 03:49 PM   #21
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
So in this situation since we're setting the value to nil, but leaving the key the same, no taint is caused?
11-17-14, 04:07 PM   #22
Vrul
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is my understanding of how it works (feel free to correct me if I am wrong):

Anything that has a nil value just means there is no data assigned to it. Assigning a table key a nil value removes the entry from the table since it has no data. Taint is tracked for each individual data reference and since nil represents a lack of data there cannot be any taint associated with it.
11-17-14, 05:21 PM   #23
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Modifying a value that the interface later accesses taints the function that accessed the value, it doesn't matter whether you set it to nil or something else.
11-17-14, 05:30 PM   #24
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
So essentially just move the frame and set the scale to 0.0000001 is your best solution?
11-17-14, 06:09 PM   #25
Phanx
Cat.

Removing/changing things in UIPARENT_MANAGED_FRAME_POSITIONS does not break anything. I do it, and Nevcairiel does it in Bartender4, and I'm sure other addons that I don't use do it, and it's fine. Taint is not necessarily bad. Taint is only bad if it gets in the way of a secure code path, but tainting values in UIPARENT_MANAGED_FRAME_POSITIONS does not do that, and has not ever done that. While it could theoretically do that in the future, you can apply the same argument to anything, and then you'll never write any code at all.

You can alternatively set a "ignoreFramePositionManager" flag on the button:

Code:
DraenorZoneAbilityFrame.ignoreFramePositionManager = true
However, this won't stop the UI from moving other frames to accomodate the expected location of the zone ability button; you can't do that without either causing Big Scary Taint, or hooking a lot functions and calling a lot of SetPoint methods.

However #2, the DraenorZoneAbilityFrame isn't a secure frame, so if you just want to kill it, you should just be able to do the old hide-on-show trick:

Code:
DraenorZoneAbilityFrame:SetScript("OnShow", DraenorZoneAbilityFrame.Hide)
12-05-14, 12:51 AM   #26
style-fetisch
A Defias Bandit
I use MoveAnything.

And post in the Chat /move DraenorZoneAbilityFrame

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Move DraenorZoneAbillity Button?