08-10-15, 02:34 AM   #1
lagoon87
A Murloc Raider
cant get gnomesequencer to show up in addons

like titel says, watched all the ”how to” videoes i can find and it wont show up in addons. here what i do

-download GS and unzip into wow interface/addon folder
-change name of file from expamplesequence.lua to just sequences.lua

dont get whats wrong..
08-10-15, 03:44 AM   #2
Comicus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Usually the problem is in the quotation marks. I have had to change the ( ' ) or ( " ) to get the macro to work.

I also use Notepad ++ ...
08-10-15, 04:01 AM   #3
lagoon87
A Murloc Raider
yeah i use notepad++ iv downloaded and deleted about 7 times now..looked at all the how to videoes but it wont work..not even the ''testing'' macro works

tried reinstalling..dident add anything just unzipped into addon file changed name from example sequence to sequence and still wont show up in my addons

Last edited by lagoon87 : 08-10-15 at 04:18 AM.
08-10-15, 04:41 AM   #4
lagoon87
A Murloc Raider
any help would be appriciated here.
08-10-15, 06:43 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't use Macro's, but I just downloaded GnomeSequencer and installed it to see if there was a problem. I downloaded it, unzipped it in the folder I put it in after downloading it, changed the file name of ExampleSequences.lua to Sequences.lua, then copied it to my AddOns folder and it worked. The addon shows up in my AddOns list at the character selection screen. Unfortunately, I can't tell you if the addon works in-game because I don't use Macro's, just key binds on "normal" stuff (spell's and whatnot).

Maybe that's the problem; You're changing the name of the file in the AddOns folder. I remember (believe me, it's a chore, now, and it hurts ) having that problem a while ago. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but I had to change the name of something and it stopped the addon from working properly. Couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong until I deleted the addon, and it's SavedVariables, and renamed the file I was working on, and re-installed the addon. Then it worked. I don't know why, but it worked.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
08-10-15, 07:22 AM   #6
lagoon87
A Murloc Raider
i appriciate the help..but dident really get what you ment at the end there..
prettysure iv given up that whole thing..i wanted to use it for my gladiator warrior since im pretty sure im gonna get carpal tunnel syndrom after a full raid with that specc's insane APM rotation
08-10-15, 12:01 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Check out this thread, not too far below yours: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=52512
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » cant get gnomesequencer to show up in addons