09-24-19, 09:25 AM   #1
FlameLord
A Murloc Raider
KgPanels custom SideBar script

Hello everyone i hope you doing well

I'm trying to make my own Ui with KG Panels with custom sidebar as well, but i not find on Wow Ace or google a script for make sidebars. I has downloaded this kgpanels layout from Bill

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...ml#infohttp://

i'm trying to do the same but i didn't find what script he used to show the texture and attach the action bar and hide it, i only know, that is with "On click" section.

Here is another picture that explain how it work

I hope some one can help me will me so nice
Thank you in advance

Have a nice day.
09-24-19, 11:06 AM   #2
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It could be something as simple as adjusting the SetPoint of the side bar when the button is clicked

Something OnClick like:
Lua Code:
  1. local point = SideBarFrame:GetPoint(1)
  2. SideBarFrame:ClearAllpoints()
  3. if point == "LEFT" then
  4.     SideBarFrame:SetPoint("RIGHT", UIParent, "LEFT")
  5. else
  6.     SideBarFrame:SetPoint("LEFT", UIParent, "LEFT")
  7. end

The button would be attached to the left of the SideBar panel and "move" with it.

You might want to change:
Code:
if point == "LEFT" then
from "LEFT" to "RIGHT" depending on which side of the SideBar you initially attach to the left of UIParent.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 09-24-19 at 12:22 PM.
09-25-19, 01:32 AM   #3
FlameLord
A Murloc Raider
Hello, thank you for your help and quick reply

i'm learning lua, i don't know so much about it, i have this script to the button, it's giving me 1x [string "SideBarButtton_OnClickUp"]:5: attempt to call global 'TogglekgPanel2' (a nil value) when i click on it, i don't know how to attach it to the bar.

I'm ttrying to attach the SideBar to Bartender 4 bar 4 using this but not work

Code:
if showing then
self:SetAlpha(1)
ToggleBarttender4(BT4Bar4(bar, show))
bar:SetConfigAlpha((show and 1) or 0);
bar:SetVisibilityOption("always", not show);
end

this is he on click sidebar but gives me this error [string "SideBar_OnClickUp"]:1: in function <[string "SideBar_OnClickUp"]:1>

i has tried o use part of lua of SideBar of the addon MayronUi but it have private funtions and maybe it not work with kgpanels.
09-25-19, 05:15 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try checking out the Slidebar part of the Auctioneer addon. Maybe that will help since the UI that you use seems to just be a collection of images.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
09-25-19, 10:22 AM   #5
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
In the code I supplied I used SideBarFrame as the name given to the "Side bar" container panel. I don't know the actual name or how KgPanels names it panels (frames) for use in code so you will need to substitute "SideBarFrame" with the name KgPanels uses (or you have assigned) for that panel.

I don't know what TogglekgPanel2 is and given the error it generates, neither does the game, "attempt to call global 'xxxxxx' (a nil value)" means "that thing (function) you tried to call does not exist at the time you tried to call it.
09-25-19, 12:52 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Did you read through the FAQ in the kgPanels window?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-26-19, 02:25 PM   #7
FlameLord
A Murloc Raider
Thank you so much for your help, i was use "TogglekgPanel2" why i used /fstack to try it to find that frame name, but in faq is how to attach a kgpanel using kgPanels:FetchFrame and only was to add ("frame-name") it and a fade in/out scrip than i found in a .lua inside mayronUI folder helps me to create the fade animation.

Here on wow interface i found a post when some one was attached a bartender bar, now it looks like this https://i.imgur.com/PS1IYtI.mp4

thanks a lot for your help guys

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » KgPanels custom SideBar script