05-26-05, 01:48 PM   #1
Grayhoof
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Scrolling Combat Text

Scrolling Combat Text v2.82

I generally answer all questions about SCT on the offical forums at http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...mp=1#post27803 .

However, feel free to comment or ask questions here too =)
05-26-05, 09:11 PM   #2
Remelio

Love this mod. Keep up the good work!
08-10-05, 10:14 AM   #3
Garoun
A Fallenroot Satyr

(Don't know how I missed this before I posted mine :/ I looked through every single page, sigh)

Grayhoof, have you done any work on making custom events fire on a class per class basis in the sct_event_config.lua file? Was curious since I'm running into the issue of seeing things like Overpower! when I'm on my rogue :P. I saw your post about the localizations file but I use the 'Flag SCT text' so even though I force a " " into the field I'll get * *. Is there anyway to have a 'Class' based SCT_Event_Config = { } array such as SCT_Event_Config_<class> = {} that runs based on which class you used.

I use this code currently to work around the issue if anyone cares to use it: (used the 'gar' prefix as to avoid possible interference with other variables in the program)
Code:
--[[ Goes after the comment block ]]
     local garPClass, garLocClass = UnitClass("player");

if (garPClass == "Warrior") then
          gar_TargetDodged = "Overpower!";
     else
          gar_TargetDodged = "-Evaded-";
     end
     ChatFrame1:AddMessage(garPClass .. ' class custom SCT events loaded.');

--[[ Example custom event ]]
SCT_Event_Config = {
[11] = {name=gar_TargetDodged, search="dodges", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256, iscrit=1},
};
Standard Disclaimer: If you don't know what you are doing don't go editing files because you will most likely break something and I take no responsibility. Do so at your own risk. As always BACK UP original files before you go screwing with them .
08-10-05, 07:40 PM   #4
Brawler
A Kobold Labourer
Scrolling combat mod...

I turned everything on with this mod and created a profile for my character, but it does not scroll the damage, spells being casted, debuffs, or anything it is supposed to. Anyone know why?
08-12-05, 12:10 PM   #5
Garoun
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Brawler
I turned everything on with this mod and created a profile for my character, but it does not scroll the damage, spells being casted, debuffs, or anything it is supposed to. Anyone know why?
Things to check:
Enable Scrolling Combat text is checked in the top left corner
Show Events as Message is UNchecked
Text Opacity slider not set to 0%

Go from there and post back, I'll try to reply of Gray hasn't
11-03-05, 01:09 AM   #6
spotpuff
A Kobold Labourer
SCT - rogue "riposte" message

Is there any way to add a Rogue-only "RIPOSTE!" message when parrying in combat?

I currently have the following in sct_event_config.lua

[22] = {name="Riposte!", search="(.+) attacks. You parry.", r=0/256, g=0/256, b=256/256, iscrit=1, class={"Rogue"}},

IT doesn't work; all I get is "Parry!" I ONLY WANT THIS FOR ROGUES! Not warrior/shaman.
11-16-05, 06:01 AM   #7
Bravos
A Kobold Labourer

Originally Posted by spotpuff
Is there any way to add a Rogue-only "RIPOSTE!" message when parrying in combat?

I currently have the following in sct_event_config.lua

[22] = {name="Riposte!", search="(.+) attacks. You parry.", r=0/256, g=0/256, b=256/256, iscrit=1, class={"Rogue"}},

IT doesn't work; all I get is "Parry!" I ONLY WANT THIS FOR ROGUES! Not warrior/shaman.
Code:
[22] = {name="Riposte!", search="You parry", r=0/256, g=0/256, b=256/256, iscrit=1, class={"Rogue"}},
Try using less detail in your query and also make sure that [22] isn't already being used by something else. The reason you get "Parry!" is because that is hardcoded in the sct.lua and not anything you did.

Also make sure your event line isn't commented out.
02-20-06, 12:05 PM   #8
Platipus
A Kobold Labourer
SCT question

i got the SCT mod. and i want the damage that i deal to the beast/humanoid/etc to show up above <b>my</b> character. how do i do this?
03-16-06, 08:27 AM   #9
JayK
A Defias Bandit
SCT Error

When i get hitted i keep get this SCT error

How to fix this?

Last edited by JayK : 03-18-06 at 04:29 AM.
03-18-06, 04:29 AM   #10
JayK
A Defias Bandit
Hello? Can somebody help me please?...
04-07-06, 10:49 AM   #11
Movarrin
Premium Member
Premium Member
I cannot post to the WOW forums. Imagine, work expecting not to surf the web!!

Anyway perhaps someone can help me with my issue. I have the latest version of SCT. Love it.

I went into the event config lua and uncommented the information about all my damage, my heals and my dots.

I uncommented these 2 lines.
--Your DOTS
[14] = {name="*1: *2 (*4)", argcount=4, search="(.+) suffers (%d+) (.+) damage from your (.+). %((%d+) resisted%)", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256},
[15] = {name="*1: *2 (*4)", argcount=4, search="(.+) suffers (%d+) (.+) damage from your (.+).", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256},

I never see this. Can anyone help?
04-08-06, 08:59 PM   #12
troxxy
A Kobold Labourer
Sct

Hi can some one help me on my error?

the image doesnt seem to work but the error is " Interface\Addons\sct\sct.lua:1222: attempt to index local 'color' (a nil value) "

i cant solve this =\ please help

Thanking in advance

Last edited by troxxy : 04-08-06 at 09:03 PM.
04-09-06, 04:09 AM   #13
mew
A Defias Bandit
SCT - removing individual events +add

this post is about Scrolling Combat Text, or SCT.

is it possible to remove individual events, for example the "Windfury!" message?

when you do a windfury, you get the buff thing saying " [Windfury Attack] " and the " Windfury! " message. and im using this Windfury addon "Damn Windfury" that calculates the total windfury damage and displays it in the SCT, so i would like to remove the other two.

i can remove the other thingie by removing all buffs, but i'd like them on...

is it possible to remove those two messages individually?

Last edited by mew : 04-09-06 at 06:09 AM.
04-09-06, 08:53 AM   #14
Korash
A Murloc Raider
@mew you should be able to remove the Windfury! message in your sct_event_config.lua.

[1] = {name="Windfury!", search="You (.+) Windfury", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256, iscrit=1},
is the line. Either delete it or just add -- infront of it, making it look like:

--[1] = {name="Windfury!", search="You (.+) Windfury", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256, iscrit=1},

@troxxy
Grayhoof posted a solution to your problem on the mainsite. Either get the latest version of Titan Honor Plus or deactivate the Titan Honor into SCT option via right clicking on Titan Honor Plus and unchecking the SCT option.

Last edited by Korash : 04-09-06 at 08:57 AM.
04-09-06, 01:21 PM   #15
Viperb0y
A Murloc Raider

Hi,

hm.. I found a bug (?) in SCT:

If you play a Warrior and don't have the "Execute" Ability you still get displayed the nessage "Execute now". Maybe you can make that this message only appear if there you have learned the ability / have to level to use the ability.
04-09-06, 02:31 PM   #16
mew
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Korash
@mew you should be able to remove the Windfury! message in your sct_event_config.lua.

[1] = {name="Windfury!", search="You (.+) Windfury", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256, iscrit=1},
is the line. Either delete it or just add -- infront of it, making it look like:

--[1] = {name="Windfury!", search="You (.+) Windfury", r=256/256, g=256/256, b=0/256, iscrit=1},
thank you, that helped. tho, the "Windfury!" got replaced by "Extra Attack!" but doing the same to that line make it disappear. and now im satisfied.
04-10-06, 08:36 PM   #17
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Is it possible to have Titan bar support?
04-21-06, 08:44 PM   #18
smite
A Defias Bandit
SCT sct_event_config.lua

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask for help in, but heres a shot. Please let me know if I need to move this question.

I just installed the latest SCT, it's great!

I cutomized the sct_event_config.lua file to look for a specific event in my combat log, it does, and it displays the text I told it to.. great.. How can I modify the font size (perhaps font style also) for this one particular message?

Thanks!

Smite
04-21-06, 09:41 PM   #19
BTShrump
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by smite
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask for help in, but heres a shot. Please let me know if I need to move this question.

I just installed the latest SCT, it's great!

I cutomized the sct_event_config.lua file to look for a specific event in my combat log, it does, and it displays the text I told it to.. great.. How can I modify the font size (perhaps font style also) for this one particular message?

Thanks!

Smite
I don't think you can, not for one event

Time Spent in WOW:
3 hours a night to raid
2 hours a day to farm
300 hours a day to work on UI
>_<
04-22-06, 08:11 AM   #20
Ravendave
A Kobold Labourer
SCT is broken

Every time an event happens that would trigger sct I get this message and nothing happens: " Interface\AddOns\sct\sct.lua:826: attempt to call global 'SCTGlobalParser_ParseMessage' (a nil value) "

nothing comes up other than this large error message. Please help!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Scrolling Combat Text