09-11-19, 01:49 PM   #1
kernighan
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Singular map files

At some point, Blizzard broke the maps for zones into multiple pieces, forever breaking one of my addons. Does anyone know an easy way to assemble the map files into a single coherent file?

For example, Stormwind City consists of 12 BLP files now instead of a single BLP. I need to merge those into a single item for use in my addon.

Thanks!
09-11-19, 02:21 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Well, you could use BLP2PNG to convert the blp files, then piece them together using your graphics software of choice, and have the addon use that instead.

This would require you to have all of the maps in the addon folder.

Or, you could piece the textures together in the code.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-11-19, 03:23 PM   #3
kernighan
A Cyclonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Or, you could piece the textures together in the code.
Do you know of any example code for that?
09-11-19, 08:57 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It would be a little complicated, moreso if different maps are broken into a different number of pieces. I'm not sure of all of the specifics of this problem to give you an example.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Singular map files