03-14-06, 08:05 PM   #1
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation New Nightly Build Up

Hi all,

I have been busy working away on the designer and have decided to release a nightly build of the current state (http://wowuides.wowinterface.com/nb/...v1.0.300.0.msi). The current state isn't so polished and finished as I would like, but it has the initial support for patch 1.10 which I would like tested. If you have the PTR client installed, you can point the WoW Install Directory path to the WowTest directory and it will use the new patch file (the options dialog is a bit broken atm, so you'll have to type it in manually).

Alot has changed since the last release, so a quick list of the changes is:
  • New editor component. Some features are still missing from the last release, but there is support for syntax highlighting of Lua within the Xml files.
  • Updated docking component. Updated with VS2005 style docking indicators.
  • New Image handling. Ability to load in any image, edit it, and save as a blp file. Will also load in blp files for editing. Go to File | Open, and select image files from the filter list.
  • Updated Project Explorer. Now has a File View for browsing the contents of the project directory, still lots of work to do here.
and lots of other stuff I can't think of now.

Hope you enjoy.

Nulk

Last edited by Nulkris : 03-14-06 at 09:33 PM.
03-15-06, 07:44 AM   #2
lfreak
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thumbs up

autocomplete (the menu, where I write "<" and it shows me all elements, that can be written there (e.g. Frame, Button etc.))
bindings.xml isn't shown any more in the project view of the project explorer
you cannot change the syntax highlighting settings (was with the last version)
the startup and texteditor parts in the options pane have no content
the "find next" option in the edit menu gives errors (I can write em down, if you would like it)

but, the new editor looks good to me, go on working
(love the new redo function)

*thumbsup*

ps. not sure whther it is the right forum and post, to post it, but I think here it gets read in any case

pps. I'm using german windows xp prof (all older versions worked perfectly) dunnow whether this is interesting

Last edited by lfreak : 03-15-06 at 08:18 AM.
03-17-06, 01:34 PM   #3
lfreak
A Fallenroot Satyr

another thing:

the "close" function does not work any more. I mean the function that allows you to hide code parts (the small "-" that makes out of :
function Bla_Bla()
if (bla==bla) then
-- do something
elseif (bla ~= bla ) then
-- do another thing
else
-- do something really other
end
end
this:
"-" function Bla_Bla()
Hope you understand what I mean

greetz
03-18-06, 03:11 AM   #4
solariz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

problems

Hi,

first of all, thanks for new Nightly. I installed it today but it doesn't run on my system.
After a double click on the EXE a windows error pop's up telling me that there was a unkown problem with the executable and the program can't executed.

The debug file contains:
Code:
Starting log for C:\Programme\WoW UI Designer\wowuides.exe at 18.03.2006 10:07:45
    Creating MainForm
        Entering MainForm Constructor
            Initialising Form
The Error message roughly translated:
wowuides has encounted a serious problem. Apllication closed.
If you didn't saved yout work this can result in a possible loss of data.
[close button]
03-18-06, 03:56 AM   #5
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Seems odd, but just to be certain it isn't related to the new dock state file format, delete the dockstate.xml file in the program directory if it exists.
03-18-06, 06:34 AM   #6
solariz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

ok, works fine after deletion.
03-18-06, 11:46 AM   #7
lfreak
A Fallenroot Satyr

As we use this for Bug reports I wanna ad a thing for the wishlist, it is connected to the image editor:
could you add the possibility to open many blp's as thumbnails ? (e.g. all blp's in a defined directory are shown in one tab of the wowuides

this would be great

*hail nulkris*

elema
03-20-06, 10:32 PM   #8
mercdev
A Fallenroot Satyr

Premium Member
Originally Posted by lfreak
another thing:

the "close" function does not work any more. I mean the function that allows you to hide code parts (the small "-" that makes out of :

this:

Hope you understand what I mean

greetz
Yes. Yep. Uh huh. Aaaand absolutely

The editor changes are all my fault, and I've been really busy lately so send the sympathy to Nulkris and the hate mail to me Just to re-point out what was mentioned in the release notes:

"New editor component. Some features are still missing from the last release, but there is support for syntax highlighting of Lua within the Xml files."
03-20-06, 10:52 PM   #9
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Exclamation Another new Nighly Build

Just uploaded version http://wowuides.wowinterface.com/nb/...v1.0.300.1.msi to the website.
1.0.300.1: Beta Release 7
+ Added outlining and bookmarking functionality to the text editor.
* Improved drawing speed within the renderer.
+ Added null functions for seterrorhandler() and GetItemQualityColor() so they don't bring up errors when loading the default 1.10 files.
As for the issues above:
Autocomplete - wont be ready for a while
bindings.xml - is now in the file view of the project explorer, not in the project view
syntax highlighting - options dialog not finished, mercdev has had it checked out for a while now, so its gonna be good...
find next errors - may have fixed that crash, but still need to fix it up a bit
outlining (the "close" function) - in, but acts a bit funny, may need to stop and start outlining to get it correct in some cases
thumbnail view - not sure about this, may just have a tooltip for images in the file view that shows the image's thumbnail

Thanks for the support,
Nulk
03-21-06, 09:26 AM   #10
lfreak
A Fallenroot Satyr

the feature adding a tooltip with thumbnails would be awesome too, so implement it !! (wanna have it )
the outlining works wonderful for me,(now) but could you to hide block comments? ( the ones looking like this: --[[ ...blabla... ]]--)
one wish (maybe it is too hard to make it) is to get a frame, that shows a clickable link to every function that is written in the special lua file (btw. every "bigger" object in xml (Frame, maybe button)).

all other things are wanted to test, so don't wait too long for the next release.

Another thing, if you would like it to get some things translated, from english to german (for a localised editor), send me a PM or e-mail ([email protected]), and I'll translate it

so long

elema

Last edited by lfreak : 03-21-06 at 09:33 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » New Nightly Build Up