View Poll Results: Would you like to have a bar ring to use and config in wow?
Yes 2 50.00%
No 2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

08-23-15, 06:38 AM   #1
EvilMaddness
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please Finish Ouf_Donut or TheRIngThing

Hi everyone, So I been trying to use the addon's Ouf_Donut, TheRingThing, ect any addon's that have a ring bar for casting, mana, health while still using the original blizzard player frame.

The problem is none of these add-ons will let me move or modify them without getting into the lua file which I have messed with before.

I just want a simple add-on where you can take a bar ring, move it to any size or cut out how much you want like a 1/2 of a ring to 3/4 of a ring even 1/4 of a ring then add whatever you want to it...color stuff like that. If possible maybe even add your own artwork then have it act like a bar ring.

Anyways if anyone can make a add-on like that ready to be downloaded and used with no problems on config in wow I would be so thankful.

This guy named Zork was the one who started making these kind of addons but I guess he stopped doing it 3-4 years ago.
08-23-15, 11:49 AM   #2
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

1 year ago. That is the last time I updated rCompassCastbar.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
08-23-15, 11:23 PM   #3
EvilMaddness
An Aku'mai Servant

I have oUF_Donut working as a add-on but need help on a few things

I like this add-on the only few things I would like to chance is to have the original blizzard playerframe and targetframe still showing and be able to move the rings where I want. Also I would like to be able to choose which rings or half circles I want to use or not. I guess that would be as simple as changing the lua to true or false on what you want to show on the screen?
I'm still learning lua as I go.

Anyways if anyone could rewrite the lua code for oUF_Donut so I could have those options to have the original blizzard playerframes and maybe show how to move the rings or choose which ones you want to use in the lua code that would be very helpful. I really like the cast bar ring I just want to know how to move it or if I just wanted to have one ring up.

Last edited by EvilMaddness : 08-24-15 at 06:09 AM. Reason: And I don't know why oUF_Donut will show in wow when I log on my character but when I tried the rcompasscastbar add-on it wou
08-24-15, 12:02 AM   #4
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
I don't know why oUF_Donut will show in wow when I log on my character but when I tried the rcompasscastbar add-on it wouldn't
rcompasscastbar will show up when your character casts a timed spell, Mage Frost Ball, Pyroblast etc. and it will be displayed at the mouse cursor.

It uses the same code slightly differently to oUF_Donut.

Anyways if anyone could rewrite the lua code for...
That's for Zork to decide... Hhhhmmm DUF with rings..

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 08-24-15 at 12:43 AM.
08-24-15, 06:41 AM   #5
EvilMaddness
An Aku'mai Servant

Thank you Fizzlemizz!

You were right rcompasscastbar did work like you said. I guess I didn't notice the ring when I was using the mouse near my action bars. Geez I wish I could just take that ring and put it where I'd like instead of it attached to my mouse cursor.

If only I was able to use oUF_Donut while having the blizzard default player and targetframe still up. I would be set after that. Well that and being able to move the rings where I want to.

But hey Fizzlemizz if you make a DUF addon with rings and orbs to use on it I would download it for sure!
08-24-15, 11:26 AM   #6
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Originally Posted by EvilMaddness View Post
You were right rcompasscastbar.... Geez I wish I could just take that ring and put it where I'd like instead of it attached to my mouse cursor.
You can, you just need to set the cfg["player"].point to something like = {"TOPLEFT",30,-30}.

That should position player casts in the top left corner.

Originally Posted by EvilMaddness View Post
If only I was able to use oUF_Donut while having the blizzard default player and targetframe still up. I would be set after that. Well that and being able to move the rings where I want to.
I imagine oUF_Donut has something similar but I haven't looked at it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Please Finish Ouf_Donut or TheRIngThing