03-22-20, 11:18 PM   #1
FairyTail
A Defias Bandit

(WotLK) Is it possible to load a custom model to Model frames?

Subj. Can I place a custom model in my addon folder to load it in DressUpModel/PlayerModel/Model frames? :SetModel ("Interface\\AddOns\\MyAddon\\MyModel) didn't work but maybe I did something wrong.

03-23-20, 12:16 AM   #2
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Discussion of private servers is against the site rules, Blizzard's Terms of Use, Blizzard's Official Fan Site rules, and probably will get you banned from some or all of the above.

03-23-20, 12:26 AM   #3
FairyTail
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Discussion of private servers is against the site rules, Blizzard's Terms of Use, Blizzard's Official Fan Site rules, and probably will get you banned from some or all of the above.
I do not discuss private servers. I do discuss API of different versions of the client. Nothing about servers.

03-23-20, 04:24 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by FairyTail View Post
I do not discuss private servers. I do discuss API of different versions of the client. Nothing about servers.

There are only 2 versions of the client. Neither of which are WotLK. The following are the two APIs based from the same base Legion API ( if memory serves ).

Battle for Azeroth API - https://www.townlong-yak.com/framexml/live
Classic API - https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/tree/classic

In answer to your question. I have seen addons that have used the DressingRoom to display 3D models in an addon. So in theory it is possible. I just don't know how they do it or what they are called.

03-23-20, 09:31 AM   #5
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by FairyTail View Post
I do not discuss private servers

No and no. You know what we are talking about

03-23-20, 11:10 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What myrroddin and Xrystal said.

Discussion of Private Servers, in any manner other than theoretical, is completely against our rules. We are an Official Fan Site. We follow Blizzard's rules, on top of our own rules.

Threads requesting assistance with Private Servers get locked. Repeated postings get you banned.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » (WotLK) Is it possible to load a custom model to Model frames?