07-19-05, 12:24 PM   #1
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

The difference between WOW and EQ

NOTHING at all Please leave your grip here..
07-19-05, 12:35 PM   #2
Remelio

Okay, well considering just in the tradeskills alone there is a ton of difference between wow and eq, I assume you're talking about something specific?
07-19-05, 12:53 PM   #3
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

The hole thing, i left eq after 5 years of playing and im seeing the same exact thing happening here too.

To all you "FAN BOYS" go blow an egg..

**fan boy** means a person that will never talk down about wow..
07-19-05, 12:59 PM   #4
Itanius
Wrath of Evil

Premium Member
Thumbs down

What a waste of forum space.
07-19-05, 01:39 PM   #5
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Itanius
What a waste of forum space.

so why did you post? you just wasted more space... fanboys geees
07-19-05, 02:00 PM   #6
Remelio

If we can have a civil discussion here I'll leave this post, but if it keeps going like this I'm going to remove it. Just a warning to all.
07-19-05, 03:18 PM   #7
Rastaah
Premium Member
Premium Member
The differences between WOW and EQ are too numerous to go into.

Namely, pvp style, graphics style, artistic quality and style (i like the flare in WOW much more than EQ), soloing ability, death penalties, crafting system, do I need to go on?

Sure, some of the same old bs exists but that is because its a MMORPG, there is a lifespan of a MMORPG and most of them follow it, including, WOW (much to my chagrin).

Id like to see a MMORPG break out of the Nerf it/Nerf the fun mode but so far WOW follows suit on that regard. (Nerfing fun, least thats my opinion, they like to take whats fun and make it less fun)
07-19-05, 04:46 PM   #8
Littlejohn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by tralkar
i left eq after 5 years of playing
That's longer than most people keep their car. Heck, that's longer than a lot of people keep their spouses... What are you complaining about?!
07-19-05, 04:53 PM   #9
Beladona
A Molten Giant

if you are going to make a statement such as this one, and request that people leave their gripes here, please do explain why you took the stance that you did.

Making a statement without any type of explanation as to why the statement was made only causes others to make statements equally as baseless. Be aware that I do not discredit your statement in any way, except to say that I would love to see your point of view on the matter of the similarities or lack of differences between WOW and EQ...

Take this as an invitation to be more specific...
07-19-05, 08:41 PM   #10
Vayder
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by tralkar
The hole thing, i left eq after 5 years of playing and im seeing the same exact thing happening here too.

To all you "FAN BOYS" go blow an egg..

**fan boy** means a person that will never talk down about wow..
Maybe why your seeing the same thing in WoW as in EQ is because a majority of WoW players are former EQ players. Sure WoW has its vices but in my opinion i think its a much better game than EQ. Purhaps not as much content yet, but in time i think we will see alot more content that EQ ever had.
07-19-05, 08:58 PM   #11
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

While comparisons always happen regardless of whos making the game or whos playing it. I think EQ and WoW are to very different animals.
I play EQ for almost 6 years and for me, the last 3 or 4 years were hell. Yes it's my own fault for still playing it. My point though is with all it's problems WoW has so much more potential.

I've only been playing WoW for a little while now coming over from Star Wars Galaxies. Server issues aside, I've had more fun in WoW than I've ever had in EQ even when I was having fun in EQ.

I did try EQ2, to me it was just more EQ with better models, prettier lands to die in but still the same thing "re-imagined".

Personally, I'd like to see a list of things that lead you to your conclusions. I'd imagine most would be very superficial in nature or only "that way" from a certain perspective.

All MMOs have the grind, plain and simple. Can't be avoided. For myself, WoW has stepped up and delivered with some good stuff to help me lose that grinding feeling.

End game I can't comment on, I'm not there yet. But how much worse could End game get than what was in EQ for several years before they started dropped expansions like birds drop doo-doo.

I won't comment on the companies directly and how they handle CS and other things. That would lead to my opinions on SOE in general and I think that would be considered bad form here.

My 2 cents

07-19-05, 10:15 PM   #12
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

When i started this post it was becouse i was mad as hell with wow.. saying eq and wow where no different ment that, the bugs, gms, and everything that was wrong with it.. but wow has more than eq will ever have

What i would like to here from people is why you like it wow more than eq. i cant stand eq today becouse of wow....
07-20-05, 11:41 AM   #13
Beladona
A Molten Giant

I played eq shortly after Kunark was released, and continued to play until EQ2 came out. It was fun up to a point, after which it became a job. I have tried other games from SOE including SWG, EQ2, Planetside, and in the end they all started to have that same "seen it, lets get some xp so I can level this month..."

WoW for me has much more content to "ENJOY". It doesn't have as much content as EQ or maybe even EQ2, but what it has is MUCH more diverse and entertaining. From the moment you start playing WOW you can tell that the developers actually loved making this game. They put every inch of their creative being into the tiniest of details. I encourage you to just explore sometime without worrying about levelling or the like, and I assure you that you will find things that you didn't know were there, in just about every zone you visit.

The old saying that "it is the little things that make a difference" is definitely true here. They didn't just make a game with lots of stuff to do. They polished it up and made it something you can really enjoy. Animations, characters, even the names that were used in some places, or the things that NPC say, will entertain you no end.

That is a basic summary of what I think of WOW. I could go into detail about the technical side of the game, or the fact that it runs so well on a majority of computers, but we all know about that stuff. My love of the game it much more about the actual gameplay, which is what I think too many games nowadays have lost...

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » The difference between WOW and EQ