10-27-12, 10:34 AM   #1
akijikan
A Kobold Labourer
Map zone mouse-over breaking

You know how when you're in a zone and you look at the map in carbonite and you see your current zone in detail and the other zones are just borders with mountains only, but you're supposed to be able to mouse over other zones to see them in detail as well and right now this seems to be broken at least in outland, possibly other zones. I'm not sure what caused this or when it started but I just noticed it today.

10-28-12, 07:52 PM   #2
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
I've noticed this as well. You can only zoom into zones you're in, or that you have been in during that session. There's no caching of the map data.

10-29-12, 08:07 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've had this problem also, and I've found that you can open the Blizzard World Map (alt + M) while hovering the zone you want to see with your cursor on the Carbonite map, close it again, and that zone is now visible on the Carbonite map. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with all zones. Wetlands is one such zone (at least for me), so I'm assuming there are others it doesn't woork with.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

10-30-12, 03:36 PM   #4
djGrrr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This problem is caused by other addons, one popular addon that causes it is Archy, if you have this addon try disabling it and see if this problem goes away.

11-18-12, 04:21 PM   #5
mondoz
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by djGrrr View Post
This problem is caused by other addons, one popular addon that causes it is Archy, if you have this addon try disabling it and see if this problem goes away.
This fixed it for me.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map zone mouse-over breaking