05-24-13, 08:00 AM   #1
gliberific
A Murloc Raider
Map issues with 5.3.0 alpha 1

With this new beta I am having issues with the Numbered quest icons on the main map shifting position. The blue quest blobs themselves are staying put , but the numbered circles for each quest are shifting position as I fly across the map . They will cycle back and forth, from where they are SUPPOSED to be , to a position lower and to the right, about hallway across the map , sometimes showing that they would be in a neighboring zone. I disabled everything else and it tracks back to Carbonite. Sadly , Carbonite is throwing no errors to bugsack , so I have no error log of the even to submit . : (
Whatever it is doing , it is doing quietly and subtely.

05-24-13, 09:59 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The circles are generated by the client... if you open the world map, you should see numbers in the same place which is where carbonite is getting the info from... so it's the client itself moving them, not carbonite (i think based on your description of the problem).

Which quest(s) are doing it?

05-24-13, 01:29 PM   #3
gliberific
A Murloc Raider
Map Issues

Simian Sabotage and Cindergut Peppers in Valley of the Four Winds. ( IT seems to be happening for every quest I take , just found that out).
Again , with all other addons disabled except Carbonite , this happens . I disable Carbonite , and the map functions just fine . I enable all other addons EXCEPT Carbonite , and the map functions just fine .
As soon as I enable Carbonite , the quest markers start shifting from point A to point B and back again , strobing about every 7 seconds or so as I move . When I stop moving , the quest markers freeze at whichever position they are at . It is truly bizzare behavior .
I truly wish I had an error log to send , but it isn't generating any errors when it does this.

I could FRAPS the event and send it to you so you can see what is happening if that would be any help .

05-24-13, 01:32 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Yes.. screen shots or fraps would help so I can see for sure what the issue might be.

05-24-13, 02:07 PM   #5
gliberific
A Murloc Raider
Ok , now I'm officialy an idiot.

I had all addons turned off EXCEPT Mapster.
This issue has something to do with Mapster and Carbonite not playing well together.
If I have Mapster and Carbonite enabled AND have the quest panels showing , the quest marker icons do this strobe effect. If I turn the quest panels OFF , everything behaves as it is supposed too.
This is with Only Mapster and Carbonite eneabled ( I actually disabled all this time then went and enabled these 2 ).

So it is just a conflict between Mapster and Carbonite that occurs ONLY when the quest panels are enabled.

I FRAPS'ed the whole thing , but it is just short of 4Gb in size.
I can upload it to Skydrive will send you the link in PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map issues with 5.3.0 alpha 1