09-25-05, 12:57 PM   #1
Numgrak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Interface\FrameXML\ItemRef.lua:37:Unknown Link Type

Well I havent got any help on my Map Problem thread, but hopefully I'll get at least one answer for this problem. Randomly while playing (maybe once a session) I'll receive an error. There doesnt seem to be any pattern when this happens though. It's happened while hunting and while in the AH.

Interface\FrameXML\ItemRef.lua:37:Unknown Link Type

Any ideas where this may be coming from ? Thanks in advance.
09-25-05, 12:58 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Have LootLink?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-25-05, 01:16 PM   #3
vidarc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I get the same error with KC_Items Linkview

From what I've noticed, the error only pops up when I click on an object that I have not seen yet. The error then keeps coming back whenever I mouse over anything that sends a tooltip.

A quick fix to get rid of the error is a simple one. Keep the error up, whisper yourself a item you saw last session (I usually use an item I have equipped), click it, close out the tooltip, then click OK on the error. Gets rid of it for me.
09-25-05, 01:18 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Interesting fix, vidarc.

But yeah, that's where I was heading with this. It's a bit of a problem with the changes Blizz made to the way links of previously unviewed items are handled.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
09-25-05, 07:23 PM   #5
Numgrak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the responses. I think I may just drop KC_Items /Lootlink for now. It just pops up at bad times so will wait for a fix of some sort.
09-30-05, 12:42 PM   #6
Saber51
A Murloc Raider

I was getting the same error myself. I tried the route mentioned above but continuted to recieve the same error. I've now gone so far as to remove my entire Add-on directory and rebuild it file by file leaving out loot link and KC items.

The error continues to persist.

Mind you I'm not a programming guru of any sort but I'm a fast learner, but even this one has me stumped so any wisdom at this point would be greatly appreciated.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Interface\FrameXML\ItemRef.lua:37:Unknown Link Type