04-06-09, 02:38 AM   #1
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

titan2broker?

i didn't think this would be an issue since i thought titan was now basically just a broker display. anyways i use docking station, and want to use Titan Panel [Defense] but its coming up dependency missing. all my old fubar mods are working great with fubar2broker and the dummy fubar, so what do i need to get titan plugins to work? searched around and haven't found anything yet.
04-06-09, 03:14 AM   #2
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There isn't a Titan2Broker "bridge" addon and I would be surprised if someone found the motivation to create one. All titan plugins have a reqdep on the core display, as they were never designed to be able to run as standalone. Even if we could somehow solve the relatively simple issues of the button/tooltip displaying properly (even the Blizzard dropdown menu per plugin), basic savedvars controlling label functionality, general options and whatnot are stored within Titan Panel in a per registered plugin basis. This is by far the biggest problem. These savedvars are retrieved via calls to specific functions tied again into the core addon that would need to be emulated, essentially creating hacks (that are not always reliable) similar to what F2B is doing.

Imo, you are far better off convincing the author to make a pure Broker port, since you are using DS yourself, than trying to get someone to create a T2B "bridge" and get into another mess, similar to the initial incarnations of F2B and B2F, which are ultimately confusing for users not to mention unnecessary.
04-06-09, 11:49 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
what you are confused by khurzog, is that while Titan was changed to support LDB plugins, its plugins were not converted to LDB. Titan Panel is supporting both the original Titan API and the new LDB stuff currently.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » titan2broker?