07-26-10, 06:54 AM   #1
LoveLaura
A Kobold Labourer
Question Simple Addon Question

Hi I'm new here and i'm not an english speaker.
I have been downloading addons here recently and most of them could work on multi-language.
But here is the problem that any addons which change the fonts could not work properly.
For example, the word 'DODGE' in combat text will be bugged...
so how can I get through it?
07-30-10, 05:59 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It depends on which addon you're using, and which font file it uses. Many font files, especially for free fonts, only support standard English characters, and will display wrongly for accented letters, etc. Some addons have options to choose a different font; try that first. You can also just put a different font file in the addon's folder, and rename it the same as the original file. Without knowing which addon you're having trouble with, though, that's about all the help anyone can give you.
07-31-10, 03:03 AM   #3
Bruhn
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
It depends on which addon you're using, and which font file it uses. Many font files, especially for free fonts, only support standard English characters, and will display wrongly for accented letters, etc. Some addons have options to choose a different font; try that first. You can also just put a different font file in the addon's folder, and rename it the same as the original file. Without knowing which addon you're having trouble with, though, that's about all the help anyone can give you.
to elaborate on that point he means a multi-language or language specific font in place of the one the addon you're having trouble with is currently using. there are plenty of usable fonts out there and if you can tell us the specific language we could get one for you even.
08-04-10, 10:03 AM   #4
Epissa
A Murloc Raider

Have you changed the font? I think you should do this first!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Simple Addon Question