12-08-09, 10:37 PM   #1
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Moving New Objectives Window Possible?

I love the new Quest Objectives Window features, but can't find a way to move it this time around. Does anyone know of a way to do so?
12-08-09, 11:03 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I was trying to add support for that in the movers section of my minimap addon, PocketPlot, but its placement is coded differently than the original one.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-09-09, 02:48 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

I was dinking around with it using fluid frames earlier and its a pain to move. It seems to have about 3 separate parts. i was not able to successfully move it without it bugging out and only showing the first quest being tracked or losing the text for everything.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
12-09-09, 05:07 AM   #4
FarseerLolotea
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
For what it's worth, the subject has come up at the WoW suggestion forum. For all the good that will do.
12-09-09, 05:48 AM   #5
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Darn, looks like I'm going to have to make adjustments to where my Buffs / DeBuffs show now in BornabeUI... Lol, and I had just come up with the positions for some things based on user feedback, haha.
12-09-09, 07:38 AM   #6
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Chinchilla can move it.
12-09-09, 10:35 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The WatchFrame has two separate SetPoint()'s. The top is anchored to your MinimapCluster frame, the bottom to the bottom right of your screen. It doesn't resize anymore based on how many quests you are tracking. When you move it, you need to make sure that it will be large enough to view all quests you are tracking. If you just call SetPoint() on it once (giving it one anchor point) and don't check its height, it will default to a height of 149, hiding any quests that don't fall in that height. It also only grows down, not up, without extra voodoo that I haven't even tried looking at yet.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-09-09, 01:45 PM   #8
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Curse You Blizzard!!! And I can't use Chinchilla... I'm too Sexy to leave my SexyMap, lol. Uh oh... It's starting...

I'm... too sexy for my shirt... too sexy for my shirt...

Edit: But I am staring at the possibility of switching to Chinchilla to be able to move the Tracker... does Chinchilla offer MiniMap Button onHover hiding? And does it allow moving of the new Dungeon Finder MiniMap Button? And if so, does it allow the tooltip to show onScreen if the MiniMap is at the say... bottom-right? I won't stop asking questions... I'm obsessed with finding it all out.

Last edited by Bornabe : 12-09-09 at 01:53 PM. Reason: I'm too sexy...
12-09-09, 02:38 PM   #9
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
I also couldn't get it to move successfully with FluidFrames.

Is there a quest tracker replacement that's still working? Maybe that would work instead.
12-09-09, 03:50 PM   #10
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Roane, there's a few out there, but they lack the new coolness of the Blizzard one. I used to use MobMap with it's nice design, but it caused some conflicts and bugs of varied suckyness with other mods (things most wouldn't even notice probably), but this new default blizz one is the absolute shiznizzlistic... if that even counts as a word.
12-09-09, 11:08 PM   #11
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
I was able to get it to move with MoveAnything I haven't played it long enough to really test it out. I opened move anything when quest objectives were being tracked to make sure I liked the size of the lettering. Then I clicked the box and away it moved.

There is a temp issue between the patch and the addon.. but the comments section as a quick fix that is working for me. It was pretty easy to update.
12-10-09, 01:25 AM   #12
zero-kill
A Firelord

Carbonite works :P
12-10-09, 06:38 AM   #13
Bornabe
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks Nicky! I'll try that out now. I used Carbonite once, but to me it just doesn't seem like it fits into WoW for me. Has way too much clutter and confusion for a simple-minded me.

Edit: MoveAnything just isn't working for me and threw a ton of errors. Could be a conflict with other addons (BornabeUI isn't known for being minimalistic)... so here's a QuickFix posted by Longarms over at Chinchilla's wow.curse.com page.

Add the following to the 7th line of the Position LUA. This will cause the new QuestTracker to be 500 pixels in height (pretty good size) and can be movable with Chinchilla's Mover.

WatchFrame:SetHeight(500)

Last edited by Bornabe : 12-10-09 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Chinchilla is Sexy.
12-11-09, 10:54 AM   #14
wurmfood
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I've been using a macro I wrote that just does this:
/script WatchFrame:ClearAllPoints()
/script WatchFrame:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", UIParent, "TOPRIGHT", -20, -110)
/script WatchFrame:SetHeight(500)

The strange thing is it will periodically change its position. Still need to figure that part out.
12-11-09, 11:05 AM   #15
Mikord
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by wurmfood View Post
I've been using a macro I wrote that just does this:
/script WatchFrame:ClearAllPoints()
/script WatchFrame:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", UIParent, "TOPRIGHT", -20, -110)
/script WatchFrame:SetHeight(500)

The strange thing is it will periodically change its position. Still need to figure that part out.
It's a fairly dirty method, but you can simply create empty closures for the functions after you set the points to prevent the default UI from changing things when it calls them again.

This if off the top of my head and hasn't been tested, but it should work:
Lua Code:
  1. /run local f=WatchFrame f:ClearAllPoints()
  2. /run f:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", UIParent, "TOPRIGHT", -20, -110)
  3. /run f:SetHeight(500)
  4. /run f.ClearAllPoints = function() end
  5. /run f.SetPoint = function() end
  6. /run f.SetHeight = function() end
12-11-09, 11:30 AM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Quokka/Camma PM'ed me to say that just one SetPoint is working on the live realms (without needing to call SetHeight(), so maybe something got ninja-changed since I tried it on the PTR. I'll test it out again myself to see about adding it back into PocketPlot.

12-11-09, 12:20 PM   #17
Tincup
The Grumpy One

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cker.html#info

This works, you may have to edit the x,y positions a little. But I have been using it all day.

By the way this is what I am using.

Code:
WatchFrame:ClearAllPoints()
WatchFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", "UIParent", "TOPLEFT", 30, 10)
WatchFrame:SetHeight(800)
WatchFrame.ClearAllPoints = function() end
WatchFrame.SetPoint = function() end
12-12-09, 08:38 PM   #18
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

MoveAnything was just updated and is now remembering moved frame positions once again. It works for moving the new objectives window now. Just create a keybinding for the option to "Move Frame (safe)" under the "MoveAnything" section in the Keybindings menu. Then hover over the drop down arrow and press the key, move where you want, press the key again to lock it in place. You can also resize it this way too, just drag the little boxes around once you initiated the moving process.

Here's an image (look at top left corner):

Last edited by smedeley : 12-12-09 at 08:47 PM.
12-12-09, 08:51 PM   #19
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
um... that's not the default quest tracker, though. That's Carbonite's.

/edit: oh I see it. You have it really tiny next to Carb's. You also only have it displaying one quest. I double-checked in game, and you do still need to increase the height of the tracker window to see multiple quests.

12-14-09, 07:56 AM   #20
Manaman
An Aku'mai Servant
Show Movers on Sexy Map can move it, but it doesn't appear to give the option of resizing or reorienting.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Moving New Objectives Window Possible?