12-23-09, 06:51 AM   #541
Lord Pum
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, I am looking for a plugin which let me the "dungeon finder search status" when I hover on it. I mean, the tooltip you can see when you hover your mouse on the dungeon finder minimap icon.
I googled but didn't find anything.

Last edited by Lord Pum : 12-23-09 at 07:02 AM.
04-28-10, 01:08 AM   #542
Daldondo
A Murloc Raider
battery fu?

i game with a laptop. and my computer never warns me in wow before the computer just shuts down. not sure if its possible but a battery life indicator would be an awsome addon/plugin.
04-28-10, 01:12 AM   #543
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not possible. Plus, you should really be using an LDB display these days instead of FuBar, which hasn't been supported for some time. You can find a display here.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-28-10, 04:51 AM   #544
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
To explain further about why this is not possible, World of Warcraft can unfortunately only retreive information from inside of World of Warcraft. It also can not update an AddOn when a file is changed (It only loads AddOn files when you (re)load the UI)

But you might be able to run World of Warcraft in maximized window mode, having something like this installed:

http://www.math.cmu.edu/~ploh/battery.shtml
or
http://mattcollinge.wordpress.com/so...er-meter-plus/

Last edited by ravagernl : 04-28-10 at 04:52 AM. Reason: typo's
04-29-10, 04:15 PM   #545
Daldondo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
To explain further about why this is not possible, World of Warcraft can unfortunately only retreive information from inside of World of Warcraft. It also can not update an AddOn when a file is changed (It only loads AddOn files when you (re)load the UI)

But you might be able to run World of Warcraft in maximized window mode, having something like this installed:

http://www.math.cmu.edu/~ploh/battery.shtml
or
http://mattcollinge.wordpress.com/so...er-meter-plus/
thanks these links did the trick.
06-25-10, 07:16 AM   #546
moonmaker
A Kobold Labourer
Fubar Duabilityfu

I am having an issue with this addon plugin to the Fubar. is there an update site for it? ive tried everything . but will not work with 3.3.5 WoW Patch so far as for 6/24/2010. Thank you very much. moonmaker
06-25-10, 07:50 AM   #547
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

FuBar is dead. You should really switch to an LDB display/plugins.

06-26-10, 07:36 AM   #548
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
FuBar is dead. You should really switch to an LDB display/plugins.
How do you kill that which has no life ?

Fubar == UNDEAD . It's a zombie !!! Run Torhal Run !!! Or kill it with Fire !

Seriously guys get LDB plugins.

They are infinitely better then the Fubar stuff simply because they disconnect what is displaying the information from the addons from what the provide that information.

This means you can give your UI a new look simply by downloading and installing a new LDB/Broker "Display Addon".

And you won't need to go out and download replacement versions of all the addons that feed into that Display addon unlike switching from say Titan to Fubar.

It also means that when your Broker Display addon is bugging you can just find a replacement for that and not have to get replacements for the addons that feed into that display addon
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
10-26-10, 12:50 PM   #549
Alas
A Kobold Labourer

FuBar

Is there going to be an update for FuBar for the 4.0.1? I really like mod and hate the idea of having to switch to another one.

Thank you
Alas
10-26-10, 07:41 PM   #550
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Fubar relies on the Ace2 framework at this time.

Neither Fubar or the Ace2 framework are being updated by their authors/maintainers.

Move to a Data Broker (LDB) display, with DataBroker (LDB) plugins.

Data Broker is the newest incarnation of the idea that brought about Fubar and TitanPanel - a method of displaying icons and information on the screen.

Unlike Fubar and TP, DataBroker separates the "display addon" from the plugin. Any LDB/DataBroker plugin will work with ANY DataBroker (LDB) display addon.

This means that you can choose to use Bazooka (which recreates the look of Fubar), or Fortress (which puts each plugin in it's own LegoBlock, which can be placed, sized, faded out, font changed, etc, individually). If you prefer a different bar addon, maybe ChocolateBar is more your style. If you like the LegoBlock idea but Fortress doesn't quite work for you, check out StatBlockCore.

That's the beauty of LDB addons - any LDB Display addon can show any LDB plugin.

And on top of that, LDB plugins are easier to make than Fubar/TitanPanel plugins, and it's easier to include an LDB plugin inside another addon.
10-27-10, 01:18 AM   #551
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

For a rather comprehensive list of LDB displays and plugins, look here.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » FuBar plugin requests