12-16-07, 08:08 PM   #81
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
WoW. All I have to say after reading all of this is WOW.....

First off I'm glad this has not degraded into a giant pile of flames (though its come REALLY close). Secondly I'm going to come out and say I respect the OP opinion but disagree as to the overall point.

My first big disagreement is the whole "can't tell if its up to date" statement (this is the condensed version). Last I checked there is a line right at the top of the page that shows you when it was last updated. Seems fairly straight forward to me. It is 12/16/2007 and this says 11/20/2006. That might be a bit 'dated' (yea puns!).

Next is this whole "since this is a big mod they had better be responsive" line. I'm sorry, these mods are produced for free and are people merely being nice enough to let us use what they probably originally intended for personal use. My hats are off to them for their generosity. Do they owe us anything? Nope. Actually if you look at how this is going I think 'we' owe them more on the whole equation. The take personal time to make something that I use and do not charge me a dime for it? Man thats nice. Like really nice. I'm no crazy fool to bite the hand thats feeding me.

Now I can hear the wheels grinding and the gallery beginning to speak up. And I'm just gonna say right now, I'm sorry your wrong. I respect that you have an opinion, but honestly just cause its an opinion does not mean that it cannot be wrong. We use mods at the mod authors discretion. There is nothing you can do about this (unless you know a author IRL then cookies and other things can be used as 'bribes'). Do I like responsive authors that fix problems quickly? I would be a fool to say no. Do I think they owe me anything because I use their mod? Heck no.

Now don't get me wrong, having a mod you like that doesn't work and hunting to the ends of the Earth to find an updated version can be, to say the least, 'aggravating'. But like I tell all my vendors/clients/friends when they whine about Windows/Microsoft. You have three options:

1.) Don't use it find something else (called speaking with your pocket book)
2.) Try to get it fixed through the proper channels (posting on support forums/emails/etc), failing this resort to 1 or 3
3.) Make your own. Then you can finally have the control you want and have it be responsive as you desire.

Well I'm glad you are exercising your option 2. But from reading your posts I seriously think you are at the 1 or 3 crossroads.

(Totally different response. My version of LocationFu is r55569 and FuBar is r56917. No errors, no jumpy castbar. Though for the record I use quartz. Hope that helps in your search.)
12-25-07, 12:54 PM   #82
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just posted a fix on www.wowinterface.com if anyone still has the issue.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...sitionFix.html
12-25-07, 01:55 PM   #83
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Any other fubar plugin that someone has installed, which uses the old JostleLib will still cause players to have this issue. This is a library issue which needs to be addressed at the library level and mods need to be updated to use the new library. I'm sorry, erica647, but simply removing the offending library from one addon will not fix it for all users if they have others that use the same library.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-25-07, 02:02 PM   #84
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah
Any other fubar plugin that someone has installed, which uses the old JostleLib will still cause players to have this issue. This is a library issue which needs to be addressed at the library level and mods need to be updated to use the new library. I'm sorry, erica647, but simply removing the offending library from one addon will not fix it for all users if they have others that use the same library.
Very True Seerah and very good point... just my humble attempt to address this one.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Panel Mod Disgust