07-02-08, 04:02 AM   #1
Condrite
A Defias Bandit
New Comp, Addons won't work in-game

I just installed wow, patched up, tossed on WoWAce Updater, and find that none of the installed addons are working.

They're all in the same folder as the default Blizz addons, and they appear when I click the addon button at the bottom left of the character selection screen, yet none work in-game: No commands work, there are no icons to click to bring them up.
07-02-08, 08:24 AM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Condrite View Post
I just installed wow, patched up, tossed on WoWAce Updater, and find that none of the installed addons are working.

They're all in the same folder as the default Blizz addons, and they appear when I click the addon button at the bottom left of the character selection screen, yet none work in-game: No commands work, there are no icons to click to bring them up.
Are they all checked off in the Addon screen and is "Load Out Of Date Addons" checked off too?

Last edited by Sepioth : 07-02-08 at 09:06 AM.
07-02-08, 09:06 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm going to guess that you are using the updater improperly. Did you download WITH or WITHOUT externals? If you don't know what externals are, then you need to download WITH externals. If you do know what externals are, and wish to download WITHOUT them, then you need to have Automatic Dependency Download enabled.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-02-08, 02:46 PM   #4
Condrite
A Defias Bandit
Yeah that was it. When I first set WAU up, I thought I told it to install with the externals, maybe I didn't.

At any rate they work now, thanks for the help.
07-08-08, 12:09 AM   #5
Amorunla
A Kobold Labourer
what?

This is what was happening to me, but i do not know what externals are and such O.o i am quite lost if anyone can help me
07-08-08, 12:28 AM   #6
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Read Seerah's post, two above this then.

07-08-08, 06:41 AM   #7
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by Condrite View Post

Did you include your old WTF folder, if not none of your settings will be saved.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » New Comp, Addons won't work in-game