12-05-07, 07:04 PM   #21
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Elaana
I really like the Blood Elf and Draenei themes! As far as inspiration goes for other skins, could you possibly throw one together for each race? Just along the same concept as the other two, racial symbol on one side, picture of said race on the other, with unique color schemes and borders? I happen to play a blood elf, orc, and tauren and would simply love to have a racial skin for each one.

[Edit] I'd try to throw a few together myself but the file extension are completely foreign to me. The Photoshop/Gimp work isn't the problem, it's the file extensions, and the fact that Photoshop is currently not speaking with Vista. Okay..Photoshop is also a problem. lol.
Understand the Vista issue, I gave up on Vista and went back to XP, much happier now On the extensions, I'm assuming your talking about the BLP files. BLP2PNG works fantastic. Drop the blp on it and it converts it over to a PNG. PS/GIMP works great with PNG's, keeps the transperency layer without worrying about the Alpha channels and such. Just get everything the way you want and save as PNG. Drop the PNG on BLP2PNG and it converts it back to BLP, no hassles at all

If you can get Vista to play nice you should give one a shot , but in the meantime, I still have the PSD's for those 2 I did, soooo it shouldn't be to difficult to make a few more based on that layout. Let me see what I can do.
12-05-07, 07:17 PM   #22
dizzy49
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've had several bouts with Vista myself, but aside from HP not having printer drivers that work for my printer, all is well at the moment.

I'm using the slate skin I think (the dark purple one). When I click on a character they come up in the top middle of the UI. The icon that represents the class seems to be off a pixel or two or something. I can see white edges around part of it. Anyone else noticed this?

I'm using a 27" Widescreen Dell LCD, 1.6 aspect ratio.

12-05-07, 08:10 PM   #23
cbarthel
A Murloc Raider

First skin!

Be kind

I know there is some issues with how the 4 parts of the bottom blend together, it's tuff to have a unique pattern show up right. Anybody out there using The Gimp have tips on getting the Bottom1, 2, 3, and 4 to blend let me know.

Link to download: NightElf Skin - Purple

I suck at posting screenshots - and/or I'm just lazy - so click for full view: NightElfSkin.jpg
12-05-07, 08:19 PM   #24
cbarthel
A Murloc Raider

Another skin

Here is another skin I've started, the thumbnails are of bottom 1 and 3. Don't know why I don't one of 2. Meh.

Let me know if I should finish this out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottom1.png
Views:	736
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	1577  Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottom3.png
Views:	666
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1578  Click image for larger version

Name:	FloatingCave.png
Views:	660
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1579  
12-05-07, 11:36 PM   #25
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yeah keep going i like that one

12-06-07, 12:10 AM   #26
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by dizzy49
I've had several bouts with Vista myself, but aside from HP not having printer drivers that work for my printer, all is well at the moment.

I'm using the slate skin I think (the dark purple one). When I click on a character they come up in the top middle of the UI. The icon that represents the class seems to be off a pixel or two or something. I can see white edges around part of it. Anyone else noticed this?

I'm using a 27" Widescreen Dell LCD, 1.6 aspect ratio.
The image that was used for that background does have a white section right where that icon should be. The image would need to be recreated with that box removed for the white line to go away. Sounds like its just lining up a little off on that wide of a screen. If you would like me to remake that image I can. Drop me a private message and I will send you the file and instructions on how to swap it out.
12-06-07, 12:12 AM   #27
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by cbarthel
Here is another skin I've started, the thumbnails are of bottom 1 and 3. Don't know why I don't one of 2. Meh.

Let me know if I should finish this out
I agree I would like to see that one finished up for sure. Keep up the good work
12-06-07, 04:24 AM   #28
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
I like the purple night elf skin! I don't play a night elf, otherwise I'd download it. Looks good, in my opinion.

Keep going with that other one as well. Looks really interesting
12-06-07, 07:52 AM   #29
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
I'm making a new one now. That's one's a secret though

I was thinking of making a gnome one and a WoWI one too.
Very cool I'm looking forward to seeing them, specially that secret one
12-06-07, 07:32 PM   #30
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Topspe Cret

Done with that one.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
12-06-07, 08:18 PM   #31
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Oooohhh where do i download that

12-06-07, 11:58 PM   #32
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
Ooooh dreadlorde I like that one. Is it up for download?

I'm still waiting on my Tauren and Orc layouts too, by the way. lol.

Seriously though, I got started on a tauren one but got stumped on what to use for a border. The background is just a leather texture I picked up, following the same basic premise of the Blood Elf and Draenei layouts. Tauren emblem on the left, racial picture on the right. Just need a border and/or some other Taurenish doodads to put in there.

I'd also like suggestions for an Orc layout, like what colors, textures, and borders I should use. I wanted to do a Troll one as well, so same goes for that one. Any suggestions (preferably links to open source materials that I can save and edit in gimp) would be greatly appreciated.

If I do complete a layout and resave it would somebody be so kind as to put it all together for me? The scripting is way beyond me, I don't get it at all, so if I just put all the image files into a folder would somebody be willing to throw it all together?

Here's a picture of the color scheme I had picked out for my Tauren layout, but I dunno, I think it's kind of ugly. I can't think of anything to use as a border, but maybe that's really all it's missing. If somebody has a better background color and texture they'd like to see let me know. It's really all I could find.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	taurencolorscheme.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1580  
12-07-07, 01:00 AM   #33
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I'm still waiting on my Tauren and Orc layouts too, by the way. lol.

Seriously though, I got started on a tauren one but got stumped on what to use for a border. The background is just a leather texture I picked up, following the same basic premise of the Blood Elf and Draenei layouts. Tauren emblem on the left, racial picture on the right. Just need a border and/or some other Taurenish doodads to put in there.

If I do complete a layout and resave it would somebody be so kind as to put it all together for me? The scripting is way beyond me, I don't get it at all, so if I just put all the image files into a folder would somebody be willing to throw it all together?
Wow, Great minds think alike This is what I have done so far, a friend of mine plays a Tauren so I had some things in mind and started this after your post. I still have to build out the Floating Cave area and hope to have it done tomorrow, Sat for sure. I really like that leather look you have going, please finish it up. Also, I would be happy to do the coding for you, just send me the blp files and what you would like the preview pane to say. Thats the part that has the "Description" and "Provides" text on the Skin tab.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tauren.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1581  
12-07-07, 01:04 AM   #34
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
Thanks. I planned on making a few different racial versions for all. A druidic/shamanistic one and a more warrior-like one for the Tauren, for example, maybe a voodoo priest like one and a more shamanistic one for trolls as well. I just can't find any good textures anywhere to use and I am at a complete loss as far as borders are concerned.
12-07-07, 01:07 AM   #35
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Nice one Dreadlorde I'm liking the top secret Will we have a download link soon?
12-07-07, 01:11 AM   #36
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thanks. I planned on making a few different racial versions for all. A druidic/shamanistic one and a more warrior-like one for the Tauren, for example, maybe a voodoo priest like one and a more shamanistic one for trolls as well. I just can't find any good textures anywhere to use and I am at a complete loss as far as borders are concerned.
Giving up some secrets I find sites like this NEVERL8's Bars/Lines/Dividers and GIFs, find them to be handy when that border just wont come to you. Hope it helps
12-07-07, 01:52 PM   #37
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Elcarath
Nice one Dreadlorde I'm liking the top secret Will we have a download link soon?
Yes

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
12-07-07, 08:52 PM   #38
Elcarath
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Thumbs up New Tauren Theme Skin

Just finished up a Tauren skin based of the Blood Elf and Draenei I posted earlier. You can download it HERE

Hope you guys like this one too Look forward to seeing some other skins up here too - Happy Skinning
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tauren_Screenshot.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1583  

Last edited by Elcarath : 12-07-07 at 08:56 PM. Reason: oops, grabbed the wrong screenshot :) This one is right - LOL
12-07-07, 09:10 PM   #39
Garb
A Murloc Raider
I would love to have a working transparent skin
12-08-07, 12:11 AM   #40
cbarthel
A Murloc Raider

New skin

Ok, finished my skin. You can download it HERE .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1584  

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI Skins - Share your work or place a request