bothersome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Trith View Post
SetCVar("UnitNameOwn", "0")
SetCVar("UnitNamePlayer", "0")
SetCVar("UnitNamePlayerGuild", "0")
SetCVar("UnitNamePlayerPVPTitle", "0")
SetCVar("UnitNameNPC", "0")

So all the unit name player lines I just given there change it to the ones that were currently posted right? Just making sure don't want to screw anything up and have to do more work :P
NO!

Just replace the line UnitNamePlayer with the lines added.
03-25-08, 02:46 PM   #22
Trith
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oh!! Thanks
03-25-08, 02:47 PM   #23
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by bothersome View Post
NO!

Just replace the line UnitNamePlayer with the lines added.
Additionally, the new ones UnitName[Friendly|Enemy][Creation|Pet]Name Cvars in versions 2.3 and before were off. To match funcitonality with the earlier client versions comment out line 348 of Mazzifier_Configs.lua add:

SetCVar("UnitNameEnemyPlayerName","0")
SetCVar("UnitNameEnemyPetName","0")
SetCVar("UnitNameEnemyCreationName","0")
SetCVar("UnitNameFriendlyPlayerName","0")
SetCVar("UnitNameFriendlyPetName","0")
SetCVar("UnitNameFriendlyCreationName","0")

In the other locations only put in the setcvar() for friendly and enemy players according to the way they are set where the old UnitNamePlayer settings are being replaced.
03-25-08, 02:56 PM   #24
MaybeHoP
Premium Member
Premium Member
Could someone just post what the edit should look like? There seems to be some discrepancies in what should and how it should be edited?
03-25-08, 03:00 PM   #25
scooch74
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sct

I am having issues with SCT since 2.4 went live. Basically SCT does not seem to function, or at least does not display any numbers.
03-25-08, 03:12 PM   #26
bothersome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by scooch74 View Post
I am having issues with SCT since 2.4 went live. Basically SCT does not seem to function, or at least does not display any numbers.
At the moment, not supported for 2.4
03-25-08, 03:56 PM   #27
Thoragh
A Cliff Giant
NameToggleFu error

ADDON UPDATED

Code:
[2008/03/25 17:32:56-351-x7]: FuBar_NameToggleFu\Core.lua:113: Couldn't find CVar named 'UnitNamePlayer'
FuBar_NameToggleFu\Core.lua:113: in function `OnTooltipUpdate'
FuBarPlugin-2.0-63898:369: in function `runChildren'
Tablet-2.0-64130 (TabletLib):2356: in function `children'
Tablet-2.0-64130 (TabletLib):2400: in function `Open'
Tablet-2.0-64130 (TabletLib):2534: in function <Interface\AddOns\TabletLib\Tablet-2.0\Tablet-2.0.lua:2528>
FuBarPlugin-2.0-63898:418: in function <...\FuBarPlugin-2.0\FuBarPlugin-2.0\FuBarPlugin-2.0.lua:417>

---
This is the line it is referencing in the LUA

Code:
"text2", GetCVar("UnitNamePlayer") == "1" and L["tipshown"] or L["tiphidden"],

Not sure if you want errors in here but this one is another error about unitnameframe and the addon hasn't been updated in over 90 days according to WAU

Last edited by Thoragh : 03-25-08 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Addon updated
03-25-08, 04:19 PM   #28
WoWUIUser
A Defias Bandit
Combat Log Problems

I see SimpleCombatLog is not usable in 2.4
The combat logs in mazzle are completly black.I hear there is not going to be an update..hopefully that changes..but if no update comes can anyone figure out another way to fix the combat logs?Such as changing words in files etc.
Thank You!
03-25-08, 04:24 PM   #29
cowboyathome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
Additionally, the new ones UnitName[Friendly|Enemy][Creation|Pet]Name Cvars in versions 2.3 and before were off. To match funcitonality with the earlier client versions comment out line 348 of Mazzifier_Configs.lua add:

SetCVar("UnitNameEnemyPlayerName","0")
SetCVar("UnitNameEnemyPetName","0")
SetCVar("UnitNameEnemyCreationName","0")
SetCVar("UnitNameFriendlyPlayerName","0")
SetCVar("UnitNameFriendlyPetName","0")
SetCVar("UnitNameFriendlyCreationName","0")

In the other locations only put in the setcvar() for friendly and enemy players according to the way they are set where the old UnitNamePlayer settings are being replaced.

What if I don't have a way to find "line 348"? How do I know which line to comment out (how do I comment out?)

Is this the line? SetCVar("UnitNamePlayer", "0")
03-25-08, 05:10 PM   #30
WoWUIUser
A Defias Bandit
Chat Logs

I also had another problem that i have not seen anyone post about.Under "Private Chat" there is like a combat/whisper chat.it is very unorganized because it has whispers and combat stuff..on top of that it says three things"Self" "Everything"and "What has happend to me".I want it back to the way it was before 2.4 where under "Private Chat" was just private chat.
Is anyone else having this problem(if you want to call it that)if so plz post something.
03-25-08, 05:15 PM   #31
Buzzkills
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by WoWUIUser View Post
I also had another problem that i have not seen anyone post about.Under "Private Chat" there is like a combat/whisper chat.it is very unorganized because it has whispers and combat stuff..on top of that it says three things"Self" "Everything"and "What has happend to me".I want it back to the way it was before 2.4 where under "Private Chat" was just private chat.
Is anyone else having this problem(if you want to call it that)if so plz post something.
yea my combat msg thing isnt where its suppsed to be. its all under private tab.

only other problems ive had are my tekkompare isnt working properly, or wichever mod showed me if the stats between items were higher or lower (crit% hit% etc etc) when comparing.
03-25-08, 05:53 PM   #32
Chynah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My biggest problem is with Witch Hunt - as soon as I logged in, my BugSack went crazy. I've disabled the addon for now, but was just wondering if this is going to affect Mazzification for new toons? (I had no problems playing on my level 70 already-Mazzified toon.)

Thanks to everyone for all the updates!!!
03-25-08, 05:55 PM   #33
bothersome
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Chynah View Post
My biggest problem is with Witch Hunt - as soon as I logged in, my BugSack went crazy. I've disabled the addon for now, but was just wondering if this is going to affect Mazzification for new toons? (I had no problems playing on my level 70 already-Mazzified toon.)

Thanks to everyone for all the updates!!!
Witchhunt seems to be the only thing giving me problems now as well. Just waiting for an updated version via WAU.
03-25-08, 05:57 PM   #34
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Someone have an archive of the updated files that they could post up for folks to download to use? I can provide a weblink from my guild's site for folks ot leech it from if need be. Just let me know. PM me here.

Marth

03-25-08, 06:39 PM   #35
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'll sticky this thread. Maybe it will stop folks from making yet another "hey is there a patch?!?!" thread.
03-25-08, 07:08 PM   #36
Mellowed
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
haha ya, my apologies for making one :P .. im just really hoping one can come before 12 eastern.. which its 9 eastern atm.. :O lol, but hey no rush guys, take your time, do it well, im just excited for my 1st Kara raid is all lol :P
03-25-08, 07:51 PM   #37
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
Someone have an archive of the updated files that they could post up for folks to download to use? I can provide a weblink from my guild's site for folks ot leech it from if need be. Just let me know. PM me here.
still working on updating for all the problems...

yes line 348 is

SetCVar(UnitNamePlayer,0)

or something like that...

I think there is a problem w/ SCT and SCTD... they've moved their options to the new thingy in the interface window... seems like the settings didn't cary over from the old version at least... has anyone been able to /mazzify for those to set properly?

Thanks for the sticky Mazzle
03-25-08, 08:01 PM   #38
Malphesus
A Defias Bandit
Question Mazzifying

Hiya!
I read the sticky and all, but there is a problem with MazzleUI finishing the process since 2.4
I have quite a few 70s, a few of them have mazzified BEFORE the patch and they work just fine.
But I have a few more that did NOT mazzify before the patch and they are stuck on " Mazzifying Blizzard "
The process starts and then freezes at that point accompanied by a little " ding " sound.

I am not computer illiterate, but am not a programming guru either! lol
I tried almost everything except human sacrifice to get Mazzle working on these toons and need advice. Bug Sack tells me nothing, except a note about cartographer.
Thanks in advance for all of the hard work and dedication that you have!
~ Malph
03-25-08, 08:01 PM   #39
Mellowed
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thanks you guys, nice to know your spending your valuable time, working on this update for us all... and yet you guys do it for free... we cant thank you enough really... i cant wait to see it working again!!! cheers to you all
03-25-08, 08:19 PM   #40
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Malphesus View Post
Hiya!
I read the sticky and all, but there is a problem with MazzleUI finishing the process since 2.4
I have quite a few 70s, a few of them have mazzified BEFORE the patch and they work just fine.
But I have a few more that did NOT mazzify before the patch and they are stuck on " Mazzifying Blizzard "
The process starts and then freezes at that point accompanied by a little " ding " sound.

I am not computer illiterate, but am not a programming guru either! lol
I tried almost everything except human sacrifice to get Mazzle working on these toons and need advice. Bug Sack tells me nothing, except a note about cartographer.
Thanks in advance for all of the hard work and dedication that you have!
~ Malph
On the FuBar bar should be a thingy called bugsack with an icon that looks like a red linen sack if i recall correctly... please post the contents of each error that sack contains by clicking on it and posting them each here. If they involve a line like "SetCVar(UnitNamePlayer)" the corrections for that are mentioned above and posting them will not be needed. Since the error is at Mazzifying Blizzard, I suspect this is the issue.

An alternative to totally fixing it properly is to just comment out (put "--" at the begining of the line) the affected lines with that issue until a patch is released.

I will try to post more complete instructions for this error with line numbers and complete code changes tomorrow.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread