05-16-08, 09:10 PM   #1
UberDonut
A Murloc Raider
Starcraft 2 UI request

I was hoping that someone could make a look-a-like Starcraft 2 UI (protoss). Same color scheme and everything.
Example screenshot:
http://starcraft2.com/images/screenshots/ss3-hires.jpg
05-16-08, 09:14 PM   #2
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Would be pretty easy to do. Cropping the textures out would be the only hard part.
05-16-08, 09:20 PM   #3
UberDonut
A Murloc Raider
I figured that would be the case but I'm not skilled at all when it comes to photoshop nor do I have any idea how to do anything with textures and all that stuff.
05-16-08, 10:05 PM   #4
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I can make a mean spray painted circled in MS Paint, but that's about as far as my skill goes.
05-18-08, 06:24 AM   #5
UberDonut
A Murloc Raider
I was able to find one on curse, but it doesn't work and it's backwards so even if it did work I would have gone crazy using it.
Hopefully some SC fan will be up to the task <3
05-18-08, 06:31 PM   #6
blessedarkangel
A Cyclonian
We can do it.. we have the technology.. we can make it stronger .. better faster..

everything in my UI would let you customize it like that.. I just dont have thetime cause im still working on mine tweaking it out.. otherwise i would lol
05-18-08, 06:39 PM   #7
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

I think i could do it. I did a version of the other warcraft interfaces from warcraft 3 why not this! Gimme a few i may have somethin for ya that looks like fun

Ive never played starcraft before would someone mind editing that screenshot and kindof pointing out what each thing is. Having a hard time determining whats what there.
05-18-08, 06:59 PM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Elloria is on the case! **cues heroic theme music**

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-18-08, 07:19 PM   #9
UberDonut
A Murloc Raider
Hmm, well basically what I'd like to see is:

That bottom part. So it'd pretty much be a template for placing things. I use simpleminimap and sldatatext and other mods to move everything around to where I like them. Just edit out that minimap (obviously my minimap will go there), make everything that same blue in the middle part with the information about the Warp Ray (I'd be putting my action bars and whatnot there), and that small box where the Protoss guy is should just be all black (Either my party health bars or omen or buffs will go there, still not sure on that one), and I'm not sure what I think should be done to the right side, heh.

Oh and, I'm not sure if it matters but I play at 1680 x 1050 (widescreen) resolution. Not sure if it would make it look all messed up if it wasn't saved at a certain resolution or not. =/

Last edited by UberDonut : 05-18-08 at 07:23 PM.
05-25-08, 12:26 AM   #10
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Question guys. I plan to start on this shortly but i want to start with some cleaner art. Do any of you have a copy of starcraft that can extract the interface files from and send them to me? plus i noticed that starcraft had two different interface themes did you want the one that you linked or the other one?
05-25-08, 02:48 AM   #11
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Those screen caps are from SC 2 which isnt out as of yet. Would be up to the OP if they wish to use the older SC 1 art.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-25-08, 05:14 PM   #12
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

If you have the art source files at a pretty decent resolution, it should be easy to just drop it into some eePanels.

CLUMOs and SPOONFIREs damnit!
05-26-08, 08:04 PM   #13
UberDonut
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kaomie View Post
CLUMOs and SPOONFIREs damnit!
Omg I agree
05-27-08, 04:56 PM   #14
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Okay so if we want to do it from the picture posted, it will not be easy to get a clean extrusion done. Some borders seems a bit blur or aliased (bottom-left and bottom-right of the main window pane, probably an effect on purpose but annoying to cut). Also the top of the bar is semi-transparent with a background so it is almost impossible to get a good extract there.

At that point it would probably be easier to just draw it again from scratch, vector-based, following the look and feel of the existing.
05-29-08, 09:45 PM   #15
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Alright so ive finally got a moment to sit down and mess around with this. Do you want mods in it already or just the bare minimum?

Because i seriously have no problem doing a totally tricked out starcraft ui complete with all the bells and whistles :P

Last edited by Elloria : 05-29-08 at 09:48 PM.
05-29-08, 09:49 PM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I thought there would be the blue or whatever backgrounds in those panels, instead of having holes in them?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-29-08, 09:54 PM   #17
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

oh yea def i just started a few mins ago. Ill be adding alot more i was just showing the beginning of a cool ui hehe. Still need the blueish background behind the panels and what not. Just would like to know the general consensus of mods. such as doing the unit frames and bag mods, etc. Once i get some answers ill be starting on everything but if its just the basic bare bones of the ui needed for the art then i can just upload it tonight because its pretty much done. just needs some touch ups on the hard edges
05-29-08, 11:44 PM   #18
UberDonut
A Murloc Raider
Oh man that's amazing! Bare minimum is good, I already have a ton of mods to fill it up.
And the blue backround things would be nice but otherwise that's awesome!
05-29-08, 11:57 PM   #19
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Well here ill just upload on file front the eepanels and what not but i will be making a starcraft themed ui if you want to use that your more then welcome too

http://files.filefront.com/starcraft.../fileinfo.html

muahahah

Last edited by Elloria : 05-30-08 at 02:35 AM.
05-30-08, 03:45 AM   #20
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Damn Elloria, that's nice!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Starcraft 2 UI request