02-27-05, 02:53 AM   #1
Xyz1346
A Murloc Raider
Unable to use / commands - HELP!

I am currently using Gypsy, Chronos, Sea, Telo's Plugins, TargetLog, Insomniax Addons, Auctioneer, Enchantrix, and Gatherer. The problem is that I am unable to use any / commands - EXCEPT for talking in channels: like /1, /3,.. For example: I CAN'T: /emote, /dance, /p for party talk, /gu for guild talk, /tell, /yell, /invite, or anything else u can think of. This can be quite annoying as I have to find other ways to do things and it takes a lot longer.

When I type /dance or something and press enter nothing happens and the text just sits there until i backspace it away. I can talk in say as long as it doesnt have a "/" in front of it, and i can change the talk modes by clicking on the chat bubble next to the chat window and doing it from there (to talk in guild and party) but this is quite annoying, and i cant send tells unless its a reply (by pressing 'r')

Please someone help me!

I did used to have cosmos installed and when I press escape in game the thing that used to say "Cosmos Options" now says something like Outdated Cosmos. Other than this little issue my game runs fine and when i click Addons in the character select screen everything looks fine...

Thanks.

Last edited by Xyz1346 : 02-27-05 at 02:56 AM.
02-27-05, 08:09 AM   #2
Remelio

Make sure the only folder in your \interface folder is \AddOns - If you have any others there besides \AddOns - delete them... see if this helps.
02-27-05, 09:11 AM   #3
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
The inability to use / commands is 100% the fault of the UI.
02-27-05, 10:11 AM   #4
Xyz1346
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Remelio
Make sure the only folder in your \interface folder is \AddOns - If you have any others there besides \AddOns - delete them... see if this helps.
Didn't Help.

I deleted FrameXML and Questsomething - started WoW to the "interface folder is out of date - click DELETE to delete it" message - exited, recopied the FrameXML folder, and started WoW - didint work - so i deleted just the files in framexml i thought had to do with chat (the 2 that had chat in them) - still didint work, although the game did start.
02-28-05, 04:42 AM   #5
KudaneEQI
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I would delete the WDB and Interface folder and rename your WTF folder.

Login game once, see if that allows you to do / commands.. if so, reinstall your UI. if doing pieces, do one at at time (yes it is slow). And login after each one. if you LOSE / commands again, remove last piece installed.

my 2cp.

Hope it helps =)

Kudane
EQInterface.com Admin/Owner
02-28-05, 07:47 AM   #6
Mistleto
A Defias Bandit
I had this happen whenever I would enable one certain UI MOD, but for the life of me can't remember which one... At the time I was really miffed because it was something that I really wanted to use but since then I have put together my own custom collection of UI MODs, testing each one out.

The only way to see which one it is, is to do what the previous poster suggested and enabling/disabling them one at a time. It's a pain but it works.

Good luck,
M

Last edited by Mistleto : 02-28-05 at 07:50 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Unable to use / commands - HELP!