05-13-11, 07:01 AM   #1
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

[Need Help] Skinning Addons (with skinner) with Mouse-Over Information

I have a question about addons such as Auctioneer and EquipCompare being skinned to match my UI. I have provided a picture that shows three purposes.

1. The main-mouse over upon an item shows the item information skinned, and to the right is EquipCompare which is not skinned (Is it possible to skin?)

2. The box outlined in red is the auctioneer addon and is not skinned. (Can this be skinned as well?)

3. How do you remove the outlined box in auctioneer? (I have tried setting it so that it hides a lot of information when the alt button is pressed, but it still doesn't hide the mouse-over tooltip completely)

Theoretically, it should be possible to skin the addons and remove the mouse-over tooltip from auctioneer via coding (since coding implemented the function in the first place), and that the addons can be skinned via coding (since the main blizzard item mouseover frame is able to be skinned).

I've posted in both of the Addon author's addon comments, and have been trying to research on this topic for several months now and have given up and decided to ask straightforward.

05-13-11, 08:26 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
1. and 2. I have not used Skinner in several years, but... Look inside the Skinner folder - there is probably a folder named SkinMe as well as a folder of addon modules. Move the files for the addons you have into the SkinMe folder.

3. That box is Informant, part of the Auctioneer package. I'm not sure if you can remove it completely short of disabling Informant, but... You should be able to merge that information into the main tooltip instead of it being attached to the bottom in its own window...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-14-11, 03:08 PM   #3
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I wish I read this earlier! haha x)

I fixed all problems I had except skinning EquipCompare. I checked the skinme folder long before posting however, and couldn't find "EquipCompare" .lua file to be skinned! Is there a safe method to create one so that I can actually skin it? I sent the addon author a PM and hopefully they can respond...

So the only problem I'm having right now, is to skin EquipCompare's mouse-over frame! Can anyone assist me in that?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » [Need Help] Skinning Addons (with skinner) with Mouse-Over Information