07-26-08, 04:57 AM   #1
ChriaraCass
A Defias Bandit
Have I already completed that quest?

Hi,

I've been looking around the web for an hour or so and can't find any tools to help me answer this question - Have I completed x quest? - without requiring me to go to the quest giver ingame.

Going to the quest giver to see if there's an exclamation mark or not is a pain. Often you're not sure who gives the quest. Or what quest you're up to in the chain.

For example, on one of my characters, I need to complete The Cudgel of Kar'desh. I know this quest. I know what it's called. The quest giver is in Heroic Slave Pens. I know I've completed the quest before, but not necessarily for this character.

Help please!
07-26-08, 05:22 AM   #2
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Im not familiar with quest addons but did you try the most used one QuestHelper ? I see it so mentionned everywhere it as maybe what do you need.
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
07-26-08, 06:04 AM   #3
Sec
A Cyclonian

From how I understand quest-logging addons, they can only provide a list of what quests you have completed after the point of installing the addon. As far as I am aware, there is no way for such addons to retroactively find out whether or not X character has completed X quest before the installation of that addon.

So, installing such a addon would be a good idea if this is information you really want to know. Unfortunately, regardless of whether or not you use such an addon, you will have to backtrack and visit the questgivers you are interested in manually.
07-26-08, 06:59 AM   #4
Thaoky
An Aku'mai Servant
Sec is right.

It is impossible to tell if a quest has been completed or not if this happened before the installation of the addon. There's simply no function in the API to do that. You can be sure that if this was possible, all quest tracking addons would already have implemented such features
07-26-08, 08:42 AM   #5
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
The guy above are right , but have yet to give you something to look at. I know of at lest one that keep track of your done quest. So it mite be useful to you as you go or any new alt you mite make.

QuestGuru ~ is a quest book replacement that has done and abandon quest listed.
http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?m=4855&p=mod

hope it helps a little
07-26-08, 09:33 AM   #6
Sec
A Cyclonian

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/EveryQuest

Logging feature, plus all quests in Outland (no Azeroth content yet according to wiki.)

I'd hope this ought to be more than sufficient, although NO addon can do exactly what the OP was searching for, which is indeed a shame.
07-26-08, 10:31 AM   #7
flaicher
A Cyclonian

Gm?

You could try and ask GM.. seems that they have everything logged.

Once I asked a GM to return the "Dartol's Rod of Transformation" to me since I thought that I had it by doing the quest line. The GM simply replied me that I haven't even started the quest line on that character.

But I doubt a GM will answer if you just ask if you have done one quest
07-26-08, 10:51 AM   #8
Beladona
A Molten Giant

Would it not be possible for an adodn of this nature to log quest share attempts as well? By doing this it might pick up prior quests you have completed, based on the returned status from trying to share the quest.

It wouldn't give you everything, but it would definitely give a method for populating quest logs with pre-completed content.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Have I already completed that quest?