01-05-10, 06:05 AM   #1
Ninjakitten
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Adding Optional Addons that already exist on the site?

So, I made two addons which are essentially just buttons (one LDB, one FuBar) to handily call up someone else's addon (Gnomish Yellow Pages). Both of my addons are already uploaded here. But it occurred to me that they really should be under the "Optional Files" tab on the GYP page, too.

The problem is, there doesn't seem to be a way to just give the Optional Addon page the URL of the already-uploaded addon -- the interface assumes you're uploading something new. Am I missing something? I don't want to upload my addons again and end up with each of them having two separate pages on the site or something. And of course, it would save me a lot of typing if I could just point it to the existing pages/files!

Thanks.
01-05-10, 06:49 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Give us links to the ones that need to be fixed, and links to the ones you want them to be optional files for, and we'll fix them for you.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
01-05-10, 08:29 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Not quite the same but a similar situation that has bugged me forever.

All my nUI plugins should have 1 or 2 required addons but the addon download page doesn't show it and I have never seen an option when uploading.

Is it something I am missing that I have to add after it is uploaded ?

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
01-05-10, 08:58 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Xrystal isn't alone on this.. I've looked for it too, and I have a feeling I've probably just missed it.

All of the dashboard skins I have, I would like that little bit on the right hand side to say that my plugins require nUI (linked) to work.

I'm at a loss as to how this is done.

Any light you can shed would be most appreciated.
01-05-10, 09:35 AM   #5
Ninjakitten
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Give us links to the ones that need to be fixed, and links to the ones you want them to be optional files for, and we'll fix them for you.
They are:

Broker - GnomishYellowPages (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info15597-Broker-GnomishYellowPages.html)

and

Fubar - GnomishYellowPagesFu (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14209-Fubar-GnomishYellowPagesFu.html)

and they're both optional addons for:

Gnomish Yellow Pages (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12204-GnomishYellowPages.html)

Thanks!
01-05-10, 10:21 AM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Ninjakitten: Done.

All: In order to be able to upload something as an optional file to another addon, it requires that the author enable that option in the first place, when they upload the main addon. If they have enabled the option, you go to the main addon that your file is an optional for, click on the Optional Files tab and use the Upload Optional Patch or Upload Optional AddOn buttons to upload your addon. (See attached images). If the author of the main addon has not enabled them, the only way to get them added is to contact one of the staff and we can go in to manually make them as such.

Hope that helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	optionalfiles.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	3800  Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadoptional.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	3801  
01-05-10, 10:37 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hmm. I see some early skins that have nUI listed/linked as a required dependency, but Scott doesn't have the Optional tab on any of the nUI's for download. He must of disabled it.

Even if it were enabled, there's no way I would of ever thought to go to nUI's download page and upload something to his portal. He might smack me!
01-05-10, 11:03 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, same here Petrah.

I noticed that Kodewulfs Config addon has the link but not some of his others. Maybe we should ask him what he did rofl

Characters:

01-05-10, 01:56 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Hmm. I see some early skins that have nUI listed/linked as a required dependency, but Scott doesn't have the Optional tab on any of the nUI's for download. He must of disabled it.

Even if it were enabled, there's no way I would of ever thought to go to nUI's download page and upload something to his portal. He might smack me!
Those are from before the nUI download categories were created. Now, you don't need to associate your file with nUI, because it's implicit in the download category name/description.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-05-10, 02:53 PM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Those are from before the nUI download categories were created. Now, you don't need to associate your file with nUI, because it's implicit in the download category name/description.
Ah thats cool then. Hopefully people will realise that as I am sure several of the people that report problems on my addons are trying to use them without nUI despite myself putting a note on the description page.

Characters:

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Adding Optional Addons that already exist on the site?