04-01-10, 02:54 AM   #1
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

CD Bar Moveable? and PetMount Windows

hey Scott

don't know if there away already but if not I would love a way to move the cd bar, my own debuff bar and for my dk his rune bars around using /nui movers

what I mean in the hud when you targeting a boss, you get your debuff on him, your cd like for a druid tank when you use mangle you see it on boss in 1 row, next row so the cd remaining. and for a dk in between them both your runes

what I would like to do is be able to move thos so like my runes show up to lets say the right of my name on hud, targets debuff to the left of there name or maybe keep it where its at, and my CD to maybe top or to another place to keep it from clutting, I know sometimes when you pop all cd on a dk and have lots of debuff on him them, your cd, and runes can get cover up and clutter. just something to make the hud look better.

Next thing mountPet Windows. this would be helpful for instant like Occ, where if you the healing drake you can see all drake hp windows so you can heal them better. right now I have to click on pet tag just to see there drake hp and that takes time and lot of time its hard as hell 2 do, so I disable nui when I do that instant.

04-01-10, 04:26 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is a way but it involves editing the layout files.

Main Folder : \nUI\Layouts\Default\HUDLayouts
Sub Folder : One of these : NoHUD, NoBars, HealthPower, PlayerTarget

In each of those folders are files that set up the positioning and other useful stuff for each element that can be reconfigured to be put elsewhere. I haven't dabbled with this myself that much but it is best to try one small change at a time. Make a copy of the file before hand though so you can change it back if something goes wrong.

You can even do the changes while in game and use /nui rl to update the display to reflect the new changes. But bear in mind that some things are linked together so moving one item may well move something else as well due to their anchors.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

04-01-10, 04:38 AM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

You can fix the problem with your runes causing all talents to go on cooldown and the resulting overlapping cooldown bar with the following command....

/nui hud cdmin 10

As for the locations, Xrystal is correct... edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > {hud mode} > nUI_HUDLayout_{hud mode}.lua ] to move the cooldown bar by changing the xOfs and yOfs values in the anchor section for cooldown_bar.

The debuffs on your target are located in the ["Aura"][2] section in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > {hud mode} > nUI_HUDSkins_{hud mode}_Target.lua ]

The rune bar is located in the ["Rune"] section of [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > {hud layout} > nUI_HUDSkin_{hud mode}_Player.lua ]

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-01-10, 06:37 AM   #4
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

for the hud cdmin I already do that but even ones that display can glitch and get overlapped. and for the other part I dab with it and see what I come up with. Not a big fan having to change the code in nui cuz when there updates got to redo it if something in that selection gets changed.

also what about the petmount bar thing I was talking about?

*Edit* kk just wondering is there away just to code those into /nui movers? I going to fiddle with he values to put them where I need them but just wondering

*edit 2* kk I can't get the cooldown bar to move I tried everything from
xOfs = 0, (default) to 20
yOfs = 8, 20

and even neg but it doesn't seem to be moving, I trying to get it to go down more closer to my action bars so there a bigger gap or move it all the way to the top or to the bottom left my HP bar just above my Buffs
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
You can fix the problem with your runes causing all talents to go on cooldown and the resulting overlapping cooldown bar with the following command....

/nui hud cdmin 10

As for the locations, Xrystal is correct... edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > {hud mode} > nUI_HUDLayout_{hud mode}.lua ] to move the cooldown bar by changing the xOfs and yOfs values in the anchor section for cooldown_bar.

The debuffs on your target are located in the ["Aura"][2] section in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > HUDLayouts > {hud mode} > nUI_HUDSkins_{hud mode}_Target.lua ]

The rune bar is located in the ["Rune"] section of [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > Default > {hud layout} > nUI_HUDSkin_{hud mode}_Player.lua ]

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 04-01-10 at 07:13 AM.

04-01-10, 07:05 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

No... they can't be coded into nUI movers because of how the layout engine works that processes those configuration tables for the HUD and unit frames. (technically, the HUD *is* just a unit frame)

In the 5 man unit frames you can see pets/vehicles. They're not available in the 10 man and higher. That will be fixed in nUI6, but not in nUI5.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-01-10, 07:06 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I use grid for healing and it has the option to show pets/mounts etc. Healbot has a similar option. My 3rd dungeon after 6 months away was occulus *shudder* so took awhile to remember what to do rofl. Nastily enough the 1st one was Forge of Souls .. rofl

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

04-01-10, 07:12 AM   #7
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

was talking about 5 man heroic Occ is a 5 man instant, and I can see pet button to click on it yes and see pet, but that doesn't allow me to see all the drakes hp fast and target them quick to drain my life into them.

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
No... they can't be coded into nUI movers because of how the layout engine works that processes those configuration tables for the HUD and unit frames. (technically, the HUD *is* just a unit frame)

In the 5 man unit frames you can see pets/vehicles. They're not available in the 10 man and higher. That will be fixed in nUI6, but not in nUI5.

04-01-10, 07:33 AM   #8
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

kk I got the debuffs to work,

made it
xOfs = 0,
yOfs = 850,
to put it almost to the top just little bit over cast bar so I can see it better

Originally Posted by Nightmare_Lord View Post
for the hud cdmin I already do that but even ones that display can glitch and get overlapped. and for the other part I dab with it and see what I come up with. Not a big fan having to change the code in nui cuz when there updates got to redo it if something in that selection gets changed.

also what about the petmount bar thing I was talking about?

*Edit* kk just wondering is there away just to code those into /nui movers? I going to fiddle with he values to put them where I need them but just wondering

*edit 2* kk I can't get the cooldown bar to move I tried everything from
xOfs = 0, (default) to 20
yOfs = 8, 20

and even neg but it doesn't seem to be moving, I trying to get it to go down more closer to my action bars so there a bigger gap or move it all the way to the top or to the bottom left my HP bar just above my Buffs

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » CD Bar Moveable? and PetMount Windows