01-29-11, 02:53 AM   #1
Ratbear
A Defias Bandit
not getting alert

im not sure if this is a bug or on my end but im not getting alerts when my friend is leveling, we have realid so im not on their friend list, just realid, does this have any bearing on the leveling alerts?

01-29-11, 03:04 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I don't get leveing alerts from my realid friends either. It never occurred to me that I should.

01-29-11, 10:19 AM   #3
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unless your friend is playing
1. WOW
2. On the same server
3. the same faction (alliance/horde)
4. running Carbonite
we have no way of communicating with him.

I'm not sure if there's even an API for the RealID that is exposed to us. I can see this would be convenient to just use the RealID and not have to 'friend' every character your friends play but to can see how that would mean you don't need to add all the alts for you friends but it's probably not something we'll be looking at any time soon.

01-29-11, 11:10 PM   #4
Ratbear
A Defias Bandit
we are on the same server, faction, and everything like that. my friend gets alerts when i lvl, and i have their toons on my friends list. but i dont get alerts when they lvl and they only have my realid but not any of my toons on their friends list. im guessing they get alerts from me because carbonite see's my friends list and communicates lvl alerts through that, but i dont get alerts because without having me on their friends list carbonite doesnt know to send me an alert, is this correct?

01-31-11, 02:08 AM   #5
Ratbear
A Defias Bandit
bumpity bump bump

02-04-11, 01:42 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ratbear View Post
we are on the same server, faction, and everything like that. my friend gets alerts when i lvl, and i have their toons on my friends list. but i dont get alerts when they lvl and they only have my realid but not any of my toons on their friends list. im guessing they get alerts from me because carbonite see's my friends list and communicates lvl alerts through that, but i dont get alerts because without having me on their friends list carbonite doesnt know to send me an alert, is this correct?
I think so, yes. Open Carbonites options to the "Privacy & Com" page and look at the first four options. It appears, to me anyway, that unless your characters names are in their friends list, or you are both in the same guild, you won't receive a message when they level up. I'm not sure exactly what the "To zone" option means or who that message gets sent to.

02-04-11, 04:22 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I'm not sure exactly what the "To zone" option means or who that message gets sent to.
"To zone" sends your level, position, health and mana levels, and currently tracked quest to other Carbonite users in the zone (who also have "to zone" checked). It does not send level up messages.

02-04-11, 12:21 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thank you for clearing that up Jigain. I, for one, appreciate it.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-04-11 at 12:23 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » not getting alert