07-02-05, 04:30 PM   #1
[HM]CodeMaster
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation PvP Test of Honor Result Analysis

It has come to my attention that Blizzard released the result for PvP Test of Honor contest (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/conte...m/winners.html) So, for fun, I have done a rough analysis of the results.

Firstly, you'll need Microsoft Excel to open the file. Secondly, get the file from http://wow.bcc154.com/wowpvpresult_c.xls (217KB Excel Workbook - NO MACRO)

Now open it in Microsoft Excel, at the bottom of the screen you should see eight tabs, the first one being "Sort by Average Max Point" then "Sort by Alliance Max Point" and etc.

Disclaimer: This analysis is done entirely out of the top player of each faction in each realm. It may or may not reflect the realm as a whole. This result is intended for studying purpose only and must not be considered reliable.

First of all, I simply rearranged Blizzards result table. Rather than have each faction shown on seperated rows, I put both Alliance and Horde winning point of the same realm in the same row. Now I average the winning point of both factions in the realm and sort in descendingly. If the result does reflect the realm as a whole, then this will determine the population of the realm.

The second and third sheet is pretty simple. I just take the table from the first sheet and re-sorted it by the Alliance winning point, and the Horde winning point. Again, If the result does reflect the realm as a whole, then this will determine the population of each faction on the realm.

The next sheet, "Sort each faction seperately", is just sorting each faction individually, rather than the whole realm. This may rank the size of faction on every servers.

Now the interesting bit, I let excel calculate the "Max Alliance Point - Max Horde Point". Positive numbers mean that Alliance's winner has more points than Horde's winner and vice versa. I seperated the positive and negative values into two tables, and rank the difference descendingly. This should give a rough idea of which realm has more Alliance or Horde, and the offset size between the faction.

The second to last sheet, faction balance analysis, I used the absolute value of the points difference "Max Alliance Point - Max Horde Point" and sort them ascendingly. If the result is ideal, then the less the value is, the better the factions are balanced on the realm. I also note at the last column of the table whether Alliance winner or Horde winner has more points. It may also be worth noting the on the realm Elune the Horde and Alliance winner has exactly the same number of point!

The last sheet is raw data gathered from Blizzard's result with an addition of the average points and ranking for each field, in an unprotected excel sheet, in case anyone wants to do further analysis.

Have fun!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » PvP Test of Honor Result Analysis