10-28-08, 05:48 PM   #1
Jurandr
Beater of Peons

Premium Member
Guild calendar mass invites > 100

I live in a pretty large guild that tries to raid pretty much everything. We have over 500 members! The problem is that when the guildmaster and officers go to invite people to scheduled events using the new calendar that blizzard hath provided, it will not send out mass invites because the number of people in the level 70 rank is over than 100. Right now, we have to resort to inviting everybody one by one, which is a huge pain because of the volume of people, and the fact we plan something every day excluding Sunday.

Since it won't invite people where x>100, we need a mod will queue the single invites, and then perform them, similar to how the Auctioneer addon allows me to queue auctions to all be posted, and then perform the operation.

Yes, I understand that the GroupCalendar mod exists, but we have a lot of 'purists' that don't like addons. We just want the people with the ability send calendar invites be able to do so without the hassle of typing in hundreds of names one at a time.

Sucks if it can't be done
huzzah if it can!

~Jurandr
10-29-08, 03:07 AM   #2
dafire
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
you have over 500 members and none of them has knowledge of lua and could do something like that ?

Most authors develop stuff for themself in their spare time and share it with the community... I guess there aren't many that need such an addon so I'm not sure if you will get it here.
10-29-08, 06:00 AM   #3
thumps
A Murloc Raider
What about using a signup website instead? This would make your purists happy since they have no addon to download. I know there are some with addon support so that you can pull the info from the website to addon for invites and such for the raid leaders.

The drawback here is that you need a website to host it on, and you need some web savvy user/admin to configure it and such.
10-29-08, 07:06 AM   #4
DonTristan
A Kobold Labourer
Download TinyPad and make some pages in it with text similar to:

Code:
--[[ Raid Setup 001 ]]
InviteUnit("Name1");
InviteUnit("Name2");
InviteUnit("Name3");
Code:
--[[ Raid Setup 002 ]]
InviteUnit("Name1");
InviteUnit("Name4");
InviteUnit("Name3");
Make sure two people are grouped and has made it a raid before pressing run script in TinyPad
10-29-08, 07:12 AM   #5
dafire
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by DonTristan View Post
Download TinyPad and make some pages in it with text similar to:

Code:
--[[ Raid Setup 001 ]]
InviteUnit("Name1");
InviteUnit("Name2");
InviteUnit("Name3");
Code:
--[[ Raid Setup 002 ]]
InviteUnit("Name1");
InviteUnit("Name4");
InviteUnit("Name3");
Make sure two people are grouped and has made it a raid before pressing run script in TinyPad
this thread is not about group / raid invites.
10-29-08, 10:05 AM   #6
Jurandr
Beater of Peons

Premium Member
Originally Posted by thumps View Post
What about using a signup website instead? This would make your purists happy since they have no addon to download. I know there are some with addon support so that you can pull the info from the website to addon for invites and such for the raid leaders.

The drawback here is that you need a website to host it on, and you need some web savvy user/admin to configure it and such.
We tried a website. Out of the 500 something people, it generated a measely 18 hits, and they weren't even all unique. It's sometimes hard to communicate to everybody, even with a GMOTD that is squandered by that yellow text about whatever patch is live and whatever events are occuring, hence why we'd like to use the calendar. It's in-game, so it's hard to ignore.
10-29-08, 06:33 PM   #7
thumps
A Murloc Raider
Agreed Jarandr. It's unfortunate that people wont' take the time to use something that doesn't exist in the game itself. The way we got around some of the ingame calendar quirks was to rearrange the guild ranks so that the real "raiders" were listed just under officer ranks. That way people could declare a main character and we would be mass inviting less people. Drawback here is that many of our raiders have multiple 70's that they raid with. Kinda makes it a pain to figure out exactly what classes we have going on the raid.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Guild calendar mass invites > 100