01-08-09, 01:16 AM   #21
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@Tyrolit: just because an addon hasn't been updated in three months, doesn't mean much. Many addons don't need an update because it still works, and nothing needs to be added. tekkub commented elsewhere about some of his mods still functioning with TOC's from 2.x. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Aside from that, I have been using Violation since 2.0 or so without any hitches. Latest 3.0-beta3 version is available from Curse.

01-08-09, 10:58 AM   #22
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

Thanks Gemini_II, ive downloaded the new version and will be trying it out later.
I didnt mean in my post to put Violation down, from what i see of it , it looks great, just for some reason im getting weird results for my own DPS. Now this topic isnt the right place for discussions on that, ill try out the new version on runs tonight and post on the Addons own forum if im still getting odd results.
01-08-09, 03:55 PM   #23
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

ill throw out some endorsements, all are either here or on curse

Altoholic .... if you move stuff between a banker toon, makes thing easy to track

AuldLangSyne .... a little out of date and buggy, but still the best social pane mod, and replaces guildfu and friendfu too

Badboy .... zero config spam blocking, very affective

Baggins .... PITA to set up (at least how i wanted it) but a very nice bag replacment, go bagnon or baudbag for simple

Cartographer .... or mapster, depends on the options you want

Guild Log .... know when people leave or join the guild right when you log in

MinimapButtonFrame .... i use this as my other fubar, for the icon only stuff, easy to hide too

Postal .... maybe just because i consider my mailbox to be my second bank

Qbar ..... put those use: quest items somewhere convenient

WIM .... makes your whispers into instant messages

Xloot .... slightly better looking loot windows

hope some of these help
01-09-09, 12:43 AM   #24
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

No problem Tyrolit, I just like to squish the hasn't-been-updated-in-months-therefore-it-must-be-broken misconception. If you are still having problems let us know and post to the author like you said.

01-21-09, 04:21 PM   #25
Korvus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up update to my ui :)

ok hopefully there is a link in here to show you my ui so far, just have a couple of questions for you experts Is there anyway to get the grey background off my health bars etc in perl? Also is there any way to show my full grid layout without actually being in a raid? I noticed that everytime i try to enable something on Titan i get an error and it wont let me do anythin with titan at all, has anyone else had this problem or know a way round it? thanks in advance
http://i42.tinypic.com/2yyr4ad.jpg

Also any constructive criticism is always welcome

Last edited by Korvus : 01-21-09 at 04:22 PM. Reason: forgot the link lol
01-22-09, 03:45 PM   #26
Korvus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok so Ive decide to change my Uf's to ouf and using the optional files kindly provided by p3lim (who ive also sent a pm to say thanks) Iwas wondering however if someone could give (or point me towards) a walkthrough on how to adjust minor issues I have, ie moving the frames down my screen slightly.

Thanks as always
Korvus
01-22-09, 05:01 PM   #27
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Korvus View Post
Ok so Ive decide to change my Uf's to ouf and using the optional files kindly provided by p3lim (who ive also sent a pm to say thanks) Iwas wondering however if someone could give (or point me towards) a walkthrough on how to adjust minor issues I have, ie moving the frames down my screen slightly.

Thanks as always
Korvus
In the player "spawn", party "spawn"... etc. "spawn". Where you see a frame or header spawned in the lua is where you look to change it's location (generally speaking, I haven't personally used the one you speak of, but "spawn" is the common oUF 'call' for positioning.

You'll see something like
oUF:Spawn('player'):SetPoint('BOTTOMLEFT', UIParent, 'BOTTOMLEFT', 25, 210)

The 'BOTTOMLEFT' and the 2 numbers (in this case, 25 and 210) are where you would modify for position change. If you just want small changes, only adjust numbers, if you want centered in the bottom, it would require a change from BOTTOMLEFT, 25, 210 to 'BOTTOM', 0, 210)....( this would center the frame, and keep the same "height position" (or vertical position) on the screen). Play around a bit with it, it's quite easy once you do. The appearance is the more difficult part, moving is cake.
01-23-09, 12:36 AM   #28
Korvus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
OK, thanks yhor, Ive managed to get the bars where i want them now However i am also using the oUF experience addon to and was wondering if it is possible to anchor it to my frame? or is it just a case of working out where my frame ends and starting my experieance bar in te same place

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help in creating an new ui please