12-29-08, 06:36 AM   #221
joeba18
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I agree and also will help out to if you still need people for the team.
12-29-08, 10:27 AM   #222
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The problem isn't the lack of a web site or these forums are too messy. The problem is finding people who know what they're doing and are still willing to do it after they see how much work it's going to be. I wouldn't waste time or effort on a side issue that had little true bearing on the matter.

btw, I offered to let the previous group of people who showed interest use the old private beta forums, but they never took me up on it.
12-29-08, 11:02 AM   #223
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post
The problem isn't the lack of a web site or these forums are too messy. The problem is finding people who know what they're doing and are still willing to do it after they see how much work it's going to be. I wouldn't waste time or effort on a side issue that had little true bearing on the matter.

btw, I offered to let the previous group of people who showed interest use the old private beta forums, but they never took me up on it.
Viciusan, I wasn't aware of Mazzle's offer to use the old Beta forums (figured they had been deleted, as I wasn't lucky enough to be involved at that time, so I never saw them, only knew they existed by heresay). That venue would likely be best, if anyone had the 'know how' to get this started and be able to 'archive' working bits and pieces of the code for others to pick up as burnt out folks quit.

Mazzle, the idea of a private place is more for code being in it's own private place and having intelligible conversation without the "I wish I could help, but I don't know anything about code", or "please hurry, I'm impatient and can't breathe without this ui" (I think I'm guilty of this before, but not in this thread ). It hurts the momentum when these people see the "pressure" Mazzleui users -can- bring when there is a ray of hope.

Even though I'll likely not use another persons compilation again, I'd love to see this UI restored, or even recreated, as it was the UI that started getting me to look into how things work. I likely never would have looked at altering code or writing anything for myself if it had not been for this ui. I know this UI may never live again, I've accepted that, as many of you probably have, but for the just in case... being prepared with a strategy to save work on this is likely the only hope.
12-29-08, 11:39 AM   #224
joeba18
A Cyclonian

Mazzle is the mazzle forums still up if so would you mind if we create yet another team and try our luck at this one more time?
12-29-08, 12:14 PM   #225
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Personally, I haven't given up on Brillynt just yet. If nothing else, I hope he'll pass on what he has so far. It's easy to lose faith in people, but things have a way of working out, in the end.
12-30-08, 12:54 AM   #226
joeba18
A Cyclonian

well it would be nice to hear somthing ^^.
Any ways guess ill hold off for a bit till i can get more information about if hes still working on it.
01-01-09, 02:59 AM   #227
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Anyone here that has worked on Mazzleui, that can say whether or not replacing DuF with oUF would be worthwhile, or even possible? The reason I ask, is I'm working on a layout to mimic that of Mazzleui, raid frame auto swap on group size change included.

*Yes, I'm a dreamer. I haven't lost -all- hope that someone will pick this back up.
01-01-09, 11:22 AM   #228
joeba18
A Cyclonian

Well if we don't get a response some time soon.
We may as well put another team together, I myself know what needs to be done all tho i would of loved to have what was already done.

If oUF can mimic all the features that mazzle had with DUF then i would go with it.
01-01-09, 01:06 PM   #229
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by joeba18 View Post
Well if we don't get a response some time soon.
We may as well put another team together, I myself know what needs to be done all tho i would of loved to have what was already done.

If oUF can mimic all the features that mazzle had with DUF then i would go with it.
oUF has as many features as you put into it. Which is both good AND bad, depending on who is building it (at this point, being a noob like me that's having suicidal thoughts getting vert bars on some units, but not all. Grr, but it looks promising on that front. I don't think Mazzlefier actually needs to do anything with the UFs either, if I can get it going... everything is preset. Meh, I'll stop before rambling sets in, haven't been to bed since yesterday.
01-01-09, 07:30 PM   #230
Decipher
A Kobold Labourer
Hi Guys,

I've been out of the WoW scene for over a year, and I was very disappointed when I renewed my subscription to see MazzleUI in an un-usable state. I spent all of yesterday trying to find viable alternatives, but quite frankly, after using MazzleUI in the past, WoW is practically un-playable without it.

With that said, I would love to lend a hand to getting MazzleUI working. I have no experience in LUA or WoW Add-on development, but that's never stopped me achieve an end before. All I need is people to point me in the right direction and to work with.

So if there are an Dev builds of the current work available, or a resource section I don't know about, I would love to have someone point me to it.

Also, being a Drupal developer I find that having a proper site setup where people can post issues and submit patches makes a world of difference and speeds up the process, having multiple people working on the project publicly instead of a bunch of developers trying to fix it all in different ways. Just my 2 cents.

Hope to hear a productive response.

Cheers,
Decipher
01-04-09, 07:04 PM   #231
NicodemusAtNIMH
An Aku'mai Servant

Which one or both?

Originally Posted by fyrye View Post
Exactly what I was refering to. The fact that many of the addons that make MazzleUI have long since been discontinued from the original core as well as learning their inner-workings in the Mazzifier was a tedious task for one who was not already familiar. moveFrames for example, the last update from the developer was 3/28/2007.
The 1.1 core was released 07/2007.

Though despite everything it is very much a fixable compilation
For those who want to learn how to, I recommend learning the basics of LUA and OOP (Object Oriented Programing)
http://www.lua.org/manual

Then pick up a decent LUA project editor
http://www.wowwiki.com/Lua_editors
I prefer UltraEdit and VS

Then familiarize yourself with the Mazzle Core and the Addons that make it work.
Find out which addons are bugged outside of mazzle's core, fix/replace them, then look into the mazzle core and impliment the new addons as omissions to the original.
All while working with Mazzle as to what can change and what can not.
I have UltraEdit Pro and Visual Studio 2008 Pro which one do i need to use for helping with Mazzle and learning Lua programmin?
01-10-09, 12:09 PM   #232
twobits
An Aku'mai Servant
who is still working on this?

Is anyone still working on this? I am going to start to poke around at it either way I think.
01-10-09, 07:09 PM   #233
Nighrunner
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by twobits View Post
Is anyone still working on this? I am going to start to poke around at it either way I think.
Just look for another ui... MazzleUI is so dead and i think it will never come back again!

01-11-09, 08:15 PM   #234
twobits
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Nighrunner View Post
Just look for another ui... MazzleUI is so dead and i think it will never come back again!
Ah, guess I was not clear. Since the title said Devs only, I meant I was going to work on bringing it up with WoW 3.0. I probably won't use the results when I am done, as I get the feeling this is a heaver UI then I like to use. As a programming excerise and a chance to see/learn some of the developing of the WoW API though it seems interesting. Since I am new to lua and WoW it gives me an excuse to dig in. I am not new to programming though.

Anyway, after a day of poking around, I have most of the Mazzle_Options stuff running and part of the Mazzifier... I also have bongos displaying pet, menu, key, and bag bars. Just a start, but not too bad a one.

Now, what meant to ask was if anyone was working on it I could join up with. Since I got no replies, I am guessing no. So now I am asking if anyone wants to help?

01-12-09, 02:49 PM   #235
NicodemusAtNIMH
An Aku'mai Servant

Put me in coach

I'll try to help if you don't mind helping a green horn
01-15-09, 12:45 AM   #236
twobits
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by NicodemusAtNIMH View Post
I'll try to help if you don't mind helping a green horn

Did you get my pm with a task to try?

Have a lot less time to play with things during the week, but I did get a bit further. Mazzifer and Mazzle_Options now 'work' in so far as they run. They would still need some cleaning up to match changes made to the addons they set up. I also have set up over 100 of the addons from the addon pack with 3.0 versions. I think I got past the point that had a lot of people stuck where they had nothing visable yet to work with. Wish we knew what happened with Brillant's work on it so far. In any case, since I never have run or seen a working MazzleUI I am probably not the best person to guess how it should work from here.

Some of what needs to be done:

Run DUF and report errors and/or provide patches to its maintainers.

Same with some others of the third party software, it could use wider testing.

Could use a liaison or two between MazzleUI and some of the addon authors to help get some issues resolved and patched at the source.

Write up brief text to place in mazzle for some of the replacement addons that had to be found (could set up a wiki for this if wanted).

Finish fixing bongos to run under 3.0.

Finish the import/replacement of the addon pack.

Last edited by twobits : 01-15-09 at 08:04 AM.
01-15-09, 07:38 AM   #237
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Looking great so far Twobits. I don't have a lot of time, but I can help on testing. I would like to know also, from someone such as Mazzle, if replacing DuF with oUF is even an option, considering the memory leak with duf and discord's priority atm being dab. I wish my time weren't so limited lately, I thought I was making 'okay' progress on a Mazzle type oUF layout, but the brakes hat to be put on for now.

I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with your progress so far. Also, if not too much trouble, before you quit working on this... lol, please upload your progress somewhere and let Mazzle know where to find it .
01-15-09, 08:33 AM   #238
twobits
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Looking great so far Twobits. I don't have a lot of time, but I can help on testing. I would like to know also, from someone such as Mazzle, if replacing DuF with oUF is even an option, considering the memory leak with duf and discord's priority atm being dab. I wish my time weren't so limited lately, I thought I was making 'okay' progress on a Mazzle type oUF layout, but the brakes hat to be put on for now.
Well I am obviously not Mazzle, but I can say that in communication with Mazzle he has listed the task as getting unit frames working again and not as fixing DuF per say. Personally I think replacing it with oUF could be a good idea... it should result in a faster smaller set up. I would be more then willing to switch to a working oUF based solution if one was available and I thought suitable licensed. I also think it would be take more time to go that route in the short run at least, however since it is a task that can be pursued in parallel to the rest if someone was to do that that would be great. Maybe you can start up a thread on that and post some of what you have to get some energy/thoughts going into that?
01-15-09, 08:49 AM   #239
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by twobits View Post
Well I am obviously not Mazzle, but I can say that in communication with Mazzle he has listed the task as getting unit frames working again and not as fixing DuF per say. Personally I think replacing it with oUF could be a good idea... it should result in a faster smaller set up. I would be more then willing to switch to a working oUF based solution if one was available and I thought suitable licensed. I also think it would be take more time to go that route in the short run at least, however since it is a task that can be pursued in parallel to the rest if someone was to do that that would be great. Maybe you can start up a thread on that and post some of what you have to get some energy/thoughts going into that?
I've mentioned it before and had fairly positive feedback. I have the positioning and spawning of frames set for Mazzle, but I'm working on the 'look and feel' and I have been unable to touch it for over a week. Normally I can take off work whenever I like, but atm it's an impossibility. I'm still a newb to lua and when I'm learning something new my brain takes things in better with full focus. I suspect I'll have a week in the beginning of Feb to devote to this (possibly weekends, but can't guarantee it).
01-15-09, 10:39 AM   #240
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I've mentioned it before and had fairly positive feedback. I have the positioning and spawning of frames set for Mazzle, but I'm working on the 'look and feel' and I have been unable to touch it for over a week. Normally I can take off work whenever I like, but atm it's an impossibility. I'm still a newb to lua and when I'm learning something new my brain takes things in better with full focus. I suspect I'll have a week in the beginning of Feb to devote to this (possibly weekends, but can't guarantee it).
Replacing the unit frame add-on would be a great idea. I always wanted to do it, but there were no unit frames at the time that would do what I wanted to do.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI 3.0/WOTLK Devs Only