10-28-09, 05:21 PM   #1
robthedude
Don't Panic

You are flying.

Ugh, I hate when I have to ask for something. Because, chances are, if I haven't heard of it, it doesn't exist...

Y'know when you're trying to pick a herb or mine a node and it gives you the 'You Are Flying' error? It's mostly down to the landscape being so damned uneven that when you try to land, you don't. Well, I'm looking for an addon that will dismiss my mount or flight form when I get this error... Anyone?

10-28-09, 05:52 PM   #2
Terranell
Premium Member
Premium Member
The reason you might not have seen anything is the option is in the default interface screen, under controls - check 'auto dismount in flight'.

Unless you mean you want something that *only* dismounts you when you try to herb and not if you hit a spell or attack by mistake, in which case I'd assume it's not possible, unless there's a way to tell what command fires the 'You are flying' alert.

(I use shift+mount button to dismount in those circumstances)
10-28-09, 05:55 PM   #3
Akryn
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
(Edit, rewrote the whole post.)

You could either watch for the error and then check the tooltip to see if you were mousing over a node; or possibly watch the combat log for a spell failure event (I'm not sure if it fires for that or not).

In any case, I think that manual control of this is better; I prefer to just bind a key combination to /dismount

Last edited by Akryn : 10-28-09 at 06:00 PM.
10-28-09, 06:18 PM   #4
robthedude
Don't Panic

yeah, I could bind a key to dismount or cancel my form, but I'd much rather just fly up to the node and click it... so long as you're on the ground it does automatically dismount you (or in the case of the druid form, you can pick herbs anyways...).
What bugs me is flying up to it and *click* hmmm... *click* damnit... and then I hit my keybind to dismount, I want to be able to just go *click**click* without having to think about it... lol addons make Rob lazy!

Edit: perhaps I've found the thing that'll make me put those WoW programming books to use!

10-28-09, 06:44 PM   #5
Akryn
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As noted before you can just turn on "Auto dismount in flight" if you're willing to take the risk (or have a way to not die from falling).

But this would actually be a pretty good beginners addon, if you're looking to get into writing them.
10-29-09, 09:02 AM   #6
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Akryn View Post
As noted before you can just turn on "Auto dismount in flight" if you're willing to take the risk (or have a way to not die from falling).
I can't count the number of times I've dropped totems at 200 yards up, when I meant to hit autorun instead...

Still, I think the benefits of autodismount outweigh the risks.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » You are flying.