03-30-06, 04:57 PM   #1
ZealotOnAStick
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just want the Gryphons gone.

Ok, I've got all my UI back to it's pre-1.10 state (mostly, I do miss AutoBuff minding my Track Minerals for me).

Now, I just have one problem . . . I want those blasted Gryphons down at the bottom on either side of the (default) action bars to be gone.

I'm told that CTMod and Discord Action Bars can make them go away. That's nice, just I do not wish to use those mods, I'm quite fond of my FlexBar setup.

Anyone have the Frame names for those blasted Gryphons so I can hide them with MoveAnything, or a script command to make them go away, or anything that doesn't require me installing an entirely different bar mod to rid them from my screen?
03-30-06, 05:18 PM   #2
teddyboy420
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I use a little (out of date but still very much useable) mod called Squid mod. It's available off of Curse Gaming and it offers about 10 different end-cap options. There's one for each race and then things like the portal guardian statues, whelps and other neat stuff. Check it out if you're interested
03-30-06, 05:23 PM   #3
ZealotOnAStick
A Murloc Raider
I'm familiar with SquidMod, and have used it in the past to provide some custom endcaps for my guild UI package. I've not been using it myself for a while, but I'm told that it too is broken in 1.10.

I got the basic information I needed now, the frame names are MainMenuBarLeftEndCap and MainMenuBarRightEndCap and I'm hiding them with a macro with two /script commands for now.

For whatever reason, the version of MoveAnything I have is throwing GetScale errors when I try to use it to move/hide them.
03-30-06, 05:29 PM   #4
teddyboy420
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Bah, you're right, I just logged in and found it broke. Unfortunately, as far as I know it was abandoned. So unless someone picks it up and figures out how to make a work around or fix for it, guess I'm gonna have to deal with those boring gryphons.
03-30-06, 05:46 PM   #5
ayradyss
A Theradrim Guardian

Don't tempt me - I just may have to peek into SquidMod. Those durned Gryphons...

(Incidentally, hi, ZOAS.)
03-31-06, 06:23 PM   #6
teddyboy420
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'd love it if you did update SquidMod, or do something similair. The Gryphons have been pecking away at my eyes for 3 days too long now

So here is a formal request....

Please, pretty please fix or create something similair to SquidMod so we don't have to bare those boring Gryphons (Griffons ??) any longer. Thank you
03-31-06, 07:00 PM   #7
Gello
A Molten Giant
/script MainMenuBarLeftEndCap:Hide() MainMenuBarRightEndCap:Hide()

will remove just the gryphons. To show them again:

/script MainMenuBarLeftEndCap:Show() MainMenuBarRightEndCap:Show()

With MoveAnything you can /move those two frame names and hide them also.
03-31-06, 09:16 PM   #8
Crispix
A Cyclonian

GBars works damn well, and is very easy to understand....

Click my signature to see my current character!
Current Server: Lightning Hoof (PVP RP) Current UI: Mazzlefizz
04-03-06, 03:00 PM   #9
Tsurani
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Gello
/script MainMenuBarLeftEndCap:Hide() MainMenuBarRightEndCap:Hide()

will remove just the gryphons. To show them again:

/script MainMenuBarLeftEndCap:Show() MainMenuBarRightEndCap:Show()

With MoveAnything you can /move those two frame names and hide them also.
tag for later
04-03-06, 03:42 PM   #10
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

i made ArtHider Addon a long time ago before switching myself over to ctmod's suite of addons.
it's a simple mod that basically runs those script commands on load, no config, no options, just paste in addons dir & go. uninstall by deleting the folder

i notice you mentioned MoveAnything mod.

i would also like to suggest moving to Visor + VisorGUI in place of MoveAnything! MA! has been on its last leg for awhile now, fixes being cobbled together by various people in various forums, etc., while visor has been gaining popularity and support it is an ace mod so you know it's well written and maintained -=)

using visor & visorgui you can /vzg toggle, click & hold the GRAB button over your gryphons, and Hide Frame. or if you know the frame names you can "/vz set f=framename h=TRUE" and from then on it's hidden.

i hope this helps you out!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » I just want the Gryphons gone.