06-23-09, 04:04 PM   #1
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Installing and trying nUI on second computer?

Ok I admit it I am chicken when it comes to trying nUI on my new computer. I signed up for the newsletter have nUI ready to install, but I am hesitant to do so. Partly because if I didn't like it or it caused problems, I am faced with un-installing or correcting problems and I suck at these things.

So, can I install nUI on my old Gateway which still has my WoW account and I kept updated? Try it out, play around with nUI and if I didn't like it. What would happen the next time I logged into my WoW account on my new computer? Not having installed nUI at all on that computer.

I am sure I sound like a wuss but I have enough stress in my daily work and life I don't want to add to it. WoW is definitely my stress relief, my relaxation time.

Thanks for your info guys, very much appreciated as always.

Bellator

Mary-Chapin Carpenter
06-23-09, 04:07 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

nUI is the same as any addon in that all you have to do is delete the folders from the Addon directory to completely remove it. The only complication you will run into is if you rebind buttons while using nUI on the other computer as Blizz stores Keybindings on their servers.

I would "strongly" urge you to download the nUI+ Dev version 5.03.11. It has many many improvements over the release version and is very stable. Not to mention you will be happier with it's performance over the "release" version
06-23-09, 04:09 PM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
Ok I admit it I am chicken when it comes to trying nUI on my new computer. I signed up for the newsletter have nUI ready to install, but I am hesitant to do so. Partly because if I didn't like it or it caused problems, I am faced with un-installing or correcting problems and I suck at these things.

So, can I install nUI on my old Gateway which still has my WoW account and I kept updated? Try it out, play around with nUI and if I didn't like it. What would happen the next time I logged into my WoW account on my new computer? Not having installed nUI at all on that computer.

I am sure I sound like a wuss but I have enough stress in my daily work and life I don't want to add to it. WoW is definitely my stress relief, my relaxation time.

Thanks for your info guys, very much appreciated as always.

Bellator
Nothing would be any different on the new computer. Since the addon is on the hard drive of your older computer, any changes would be there. nUI saves nothing server-side that I am aware of.

But just so we're clear, what are you afraid nUI is going to do? In the past, I switched ui's constantly, including changing into and out of nUI, and the most I ever had to do was delete the interface and wtf folders to get back to defaults and start over.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-23-09, 04:16 PM   #4
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Bah! I have to learn to type faster!

Last edited by voodoodad : 06-25-09 at 05:21 PM.
06-23-09, 04:18 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Bah! I have to learn to type faster!

It's all good, at least he got the same info from 2 different people
06-23-09, 04:26 PM   #6
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

nUI changes chat locations and I think that could be saved server side. However, that is the only parameter I think you might have a conflict on.
06-23-09, 04:51 PM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Mycroftxxx1 View Post
nUI changes chat locations and I think that could be saved server side. However, that is the only parameter I think you might have a conflict on.
DOUBLE BAH!

06-24-09, 05:04 AM   #8
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks for you info guys, I am going to brave this out, nUI looks to have all I want in a UI. As always this site rocks and so do the members.

Bellator

Mary-Chapin Carpenter
06-24-09, 08:06 AM   #9
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You could just sign up for a trial account and try it there.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Installing and trying nUI on second computer?