02-11-07, 05:49 PM   #401
Zubgrub
A Murloc Raider
Is it possible to change the color of the health and mana bars of the 3D characters? Other options for them (other than the emotes and such)?

Excellent UI by the way. Great job!! Thanks!

02-11-07, 06:03 PM   #402
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Many of you have asked about changing certain properties of the unit frames, like the colors of the bars, their locations and their colors when getting low on health. The add-on that does that is Discord Unit Frames. It's probably the most configurable, albeit expensive, unit frames add-on out there. Nearly every change people have asked about, it can do. You just have to learn how to use it.

Note: This is not the thread to ask/learn how to use DUF. I'd suggest either visiting the Discord or start a general thread about the issue. And by general, I mean a thread whose purpose is discussion not to discuss your one particular question.

Note: DUF will not do party castbars. That's a feature that was added to WoW after Lozareth stopped development on DUF.

02-11-07, 06:04 PM   #403
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jduke367
Is there any way that I can disable the 3d Character models in Mazzle?
Not at this time.

02-11-07, 06:08 PM   #404
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Pr1De
How do I get Mazzle to remember changes? 2 examples, first, the chat bubble over my head when I talk in party chat. I uncheck it under blizz's options and it reappears when I get to the next zone. Second, the nifty FU mod that allows displaying of names over heads. I turned on the names over everythings head, now I am trying to turn it off again over Mob heads but it reactivates everytime I change zones.

There is no code that turns on chat bubbles except when you mazzify. The name tags problem is a known issue.

02-11-07, 06:10 PM   #405
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by estarianne
Wow, what an amazing amount of work you've put into this! Great stuff

I'm having two issues, neither of which seem to be mazzle-specific.

One- clique just isn't working properly with the DUF frames. The only frame I can reliably get it to work on is the player frame. I am wondering if this is a DUF issue or a clique issue? I don't even know how to figure that out. This is a killer as a healer, I depend on clique.

Two- Baggins has some odd behaviors. Like if I switch out gear, the position of the items changes so I have to go searching for the item I switched out. Can I upgrade the ace mods as they are upgraded on the ace server, or have you modified the mods/libraries to such an extent that it would break things?

1) I will be adding an option to turn on click-casting for 3d models in the next version. In 1.25 and 1.33 aspects, the model takes up the majority of the unit frame, which is why people are having problems. In 1.6, the aspect I play at, there's a huge part of the unit frame I can click on.

2) Read the FAQ on that. I can't explain it better than that.

02-11-07, 06:12 PM   #406
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Mizer18
This isn't a problem, and I'm on a computer that can't run WoW, so I can't check the FAQ's to actually see how to do this. I would like to make the bar on the top of the screen that appears when you hover over it and dissappears when you go away from it. I would like to know how to make it permanently show on top of the screen, I like it too much to see it go away every time I move my mouse away

Right-click on an empty part of the Fubar and turn off Auto-Hide.

02-11-07, 06:13 PM   #407
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by unnamedXD
when i enter the world i get this two mesages
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/a...tid=1052&stc=1
and this one doesnt gone when i press "Okay"
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/a...tid=1053&stc=1
could someone helpme plz ?

oh and when y type /mazzify it says wrong comand or somthing

i have the wow 1.12.1

"This file/addon will work with the World of Warcraft "Before the Storm" 2.0 patch"

it means what whit the lastest versions work ?

bye
PD: i read the "Install Instructions (READ AND PRINT).txt" file =P
This will not work on hacked WoW servers.

02-11-07, 06:17 PM   #408
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Redemption
Witchhunt. Mazzleui resets its incorrect position every time I log on. How do I prevent mazzleui from moving witchhunt?
Witchhunt is only moved when mazzifying. You're free to move it afterwards.

You're probably having an issue with it not saving your new position. I don't know why that would happen.

02-11-07, 06:19 PM   #409
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Pentecostus
That being said, I miss auctioneer. I have read almost every post in this forum and found one question on it but it was not answered. I admittedly have not read the known bug thread yet so maybe my question will be answered there. I just want to know, before I attempt to install and run auctioneer, is anyone running this with Mazzle's UI with success? If so, is there anything I should know about before trying myself?

If so, you would have probably seen other people discuss this, because it definitely keeps coming up. As far as I know, it should work OK. I've never used it myself.

02-11-07, 06:22 PM   #410
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Koren
I really like this UI, it is an incredibly handy and useful tool for my gaming pleasure. That said, it is a bit difficult to use for healing in group situations due to the party frames being so spread out and the issue with the clique casting area being so small.
What I did was download and install ag_unit frames. When I am soling I keep them hidden. When I am healing in a party, I enable them and use them to heal. I leave the Discord frames up, just cause I like the way they look and for the buff/debuff timers.
When it comes to raiding, I use neither and just go with my raid frames for everything. I think I read that Mazzle was thinking about adding an option to be able to cliques cast on the character portraits themselves. I certainly would like to see that as it may allow me to not use the ag_unit frames at all. I have nothing against ag-unit frames and have used them for quite some time, but I really like the way the Discord frames look hehe.
Thank you for making this UI Mazzle, it is great!

Koren
level 70 Holy Paladin from Thorium Brotherhood
Click-casting used to be possible on the models. I took it off b/c the situation is a little different in the 1.6. There's plent of room or it to click, even with it off. It was just an oversight.

I have nothing against agUF either. When 2.0 first came out, I tried to make a version of these unit frames in agUF. There were a few things I couldn't do, so I decided to scrap it for the time being. It's a possibility for the future, depending on how much time I decide to keep spending on the project.

02-11-07, 06:26 PM   #411
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Wolfang
I run Auctioneer and Gatherer with Informant, Enhanced Tooltip, etc with no problem in Mazzle UI.

I have a few questions that still are unanswered...am I on ignore? I've checked the FAQ and these forums and have not seen an answer:

1. How do I get the Health bars in DUF to change colors as they drop ie green to red? I have changed the color from the base blue to a green but cannot get it to change colors in context.

2. Bongos will not allow me to add pages to any other bar except bar #1. I unlock them, right click the bar and try to adjust the slider for pages but it only ranges from 1 - 1. And yes, I have checked that bar in Bongos setup to be pageable.

W
The number of pages you can set a bar to is determined by the number of action IDs available. If it won't go higher than 1, that's because it doesn't have enough id's to do another full bar of the size you're editing.

To see how many free IDs are available, look at the slider for changing the number of bars. The amount of new bars you can create is determined by the number of IDs available.

The only way to get more free IDs is to decrease usage of them, i.e. delete bars, make bars small, decrease pages on bars that don't need paging, etc. And before you ask, there is no way to get more action ID's. WoW is limited to 120.

02-11-07, 06:30 PM   #412
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Chronologist
Hi!

First of all, I really like the UI. Clean and useful, as I like it. But I got a little problem. I did read the FAQ but I couldnt find a answer. Please note that I didn't feel like reading the 39 question pages as well :P. I could have done a research but you will understand why I couldnt.

When I am out of combat, UI is clear etc. I love it. When I enter in combat, SCT is making dmg text everywhere in the screen. I am an prot aoe paladin lvler. So I tank minimum 10mobs at the same time. No need to say that ALOT of dmg was on the screen. I disabled SCT because I just don't need to see all this kind of information. There is also those two huge bars around my character. I like the design and all, but it's just too big for me. I wanted to remove them, but I couldnt find out how to do so. Help me please >.<

And well, while I am here. I would like to know if there is a way to make my HP and Mana bars bigger than the originals. As I stated, I really like all different informations are spread around the screen, but since I will remove the big bars ( which I don't even know the name), It will be harder for me to keep an eye on my own stats.

Thank you, you are doing an awesome job.
Bars around character: MazzleHUD
Unit Frames: Discord Unit Frames
SCT: You can also change their options so they only display what you want.

02-11-07, 06:33 PM   #413
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jduke367
Thank you for such a great mod I am loving all the features that you have put into it. I do have one question however. It has been hard for me to get use to the new character 3d Models and the party Models and their new locations. Is it possible to move the Character and Party Models and frames over to the Left hand side top to bottom like how blizzards UI has their party frames placed? And if so could you please explain to me how this might be done. And If not Is it possible to leave out the 3d addon character and party frames and portraits and restore that aspect of blizzards UI? I have message around with discord unit frames and have changed it to the default settings where it shows just boxed party and character frames and portraits but the problem I am running into there is that the 3d models are still there and they are stuck to the default frames.

Thanks
There is no option to turn off models. You can move the frames by opening Discord Unit Frames and unlocking the frames. I'd suggest creating a new profile. If you don't how to use DUF, you'll need to learn that elsewhere like the Discord site.

02-11-07, 06:54 PM   #414
Mischief
A Murloc Raider
I did try to search the thread for this one, didn't see anything, but I'm not sure of the proper wording... Prior to installing MazzleUI I could change my character's view to 3rd person by using the mouse wheel. Now the mouse where does not do that. I do prefer to play in 1st person view but do still need to occasoinally scroll out to 3rd person view. How is that done in the MazzleUI?

02-11-07, 07:03 PM   #415
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Mischief
I did try to search the thread for this one, didn't see anything, but I'm not sure of the proper wording... Prior to installing MazzleUI I could change my character's view to 3rd person by using the mouse wheel. Now the mouse where does not do that. I do prefer to play in 1st person view but do still need to occasoinally scroll out to 3rd person view. How is that done in the MazzleUI?
I don't know how you did it before, so it's hard to answer. If I were to come up with something, I'd use Blizzard's bindings to save and restore camera settings. Make one for first person view and save it as mousewheel up, and make one for your favorite view and save it mousewheel down.

One caveat. MyBindings2 does not allow you to bind things to the mousewheel right now. Disable that add-on before you try to bind the mousewheel. You can re-enable it afterwards.

02-11-07, 07:48 PM   #416
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

how do i remove the Mazzle UI text from the fubar pnnel and just leave the remaining icon, when i do it its only temporary, it comes back after i exit the game, reason why i want the text gone is because i added locatation fu but i cant see the location text because it's over the top of other icons and text due to lack of space.

02-11-07, 07:49 PM   #417
Raggy
A Murloc Raider
No Combat sounds

Love this UI, installed thought i would test it out before i did any tweaking, when i fight i get no combat sounds. just my toon grunting and so on. all other game sounds are fine. but no sounds from teh acutal fighting. I've tried to search everywhere for an answer. Am I missing a setting somewhere??

02-11-07, 07:52 PM   #418
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by imoonfire
how do i remove the Mazzle UI text from the fubar pnnel and just leave the remaining icon, when i do it its only temporary, it comes back after i exit the game, reason why i want the text gone is because i added locatation fu but i cant see the location text because it's over the top of other icons and text due to lack of space.
I'm assuming that the MazzleUI Preloader re-enabled the Fubar plugin for some reason. I know what you're talking about, since I tried to disable the plugin to save bar space too -- it just ends up as a minimap button after relogging. What's the official word on this, Mazzle?

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/

02-11-07, 07:53 PM   #419
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Raggy
Love this UI, installed thought i would test it out before i did any tweaking, when i fight i get no combat sounds. just my toon grunting and so on. all other game sounds are fine. but no sounds from teh acutal fighting. I've tried to search everywhere for an answer. Am I missing a setting somewhere??
What do you mean by "combat sounds" other than your character grunting and such? Did you check your sound settings to make sure that they were turned on? (It's under Main Menu -> Sound Settings)

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/

02-11-07, 07:59 PM   #420
Raggy
A Murloc Raider
yes, the volume settings are all on. I mean the sounds like clanking of weapons all teh sounds that are made with combat. gouge, backstab. any of those. Including the sounds of actual fighting.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD