04-14-05, 03:25 AM   #1
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
BloodEagle's Recomp is going class specific...

Lately I have been trying to decide ways to improve my recomp further, and make it more useable. Alot of people in the Xodia organization are using my recomp, and I help them add in mods to help them with thier specific needs. The one thing I always hear from all of them is "You need to add this in your regualr mod" to which I always tell them that alot of classes may not use those class specific mods.

Thanks to the way Wow Interface is setup, where I can have addons for my mod displayed onmmy page, I have decided to make BloodEagle's Recomp a base mod, with many useful things that can genericly be used by all classes, then release small packages that you can download that will have have a mix of addons that can be useful for specific classes.

Non complete examples would be:

Hunter:
Smart Pet, Pet Feed button, Bcui Tracking, Tracker Assist, ect

Warlock:
Smart Pet, Pet Attack, Pet defend, Shard Tracker, ect.

Each class will have a small addon pack to further enhance the use of the mod for their class, and make the useability of the mod even better...I hope

If anyone has any feedback on what they would like to see in the class specific packs, let me know.

Also, Bibmods will still continue to be the base of this mod, as Zweider has done a wonderful thing for the mod community.

What we communicate is as important as How we communicate.

04-14-05, 05:40 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
BloodEagle, this is a great idea! Precisely the sort of thing the "addon" section of the download area is intended for. I'm sure many people will appreciate being able to download a base package and then customize it with class specific addon packs, so they don't end up with a bunch of stuff that they wouldn't use because it isn't useful for their class. Kudos!
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
04-14-05, 10:20 AM   #3
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
As of now, the Warlock pack, Hunter pack, Paladin pack and Priest pack are up...although IMO I think the Paladin and Priest packs are a little thin......

I need a little help from you folks that play these classes, of addons you use, and links where I can read up/download them.

Thank for your help, and the kind words Cairenn

04-19-05, 02:46 PM   #4
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
I am still short some packs, and I know this ....is anyone actively waiting for me to put out the Druid pack, Mage Pack, Shaman pack, ect?

If you are, any list of addons you would like in them would be great

Also if you have any other addond you would like to see in the current packs, please let me know so I can implement them....thanks

04-19-05, 02:59 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I remember seeing it suggested somewhere or other ... maybe make a "tradeskill" pack, things like auctioneer, gatherer, etc ...
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
04-20-05, 03:16 PM   #6
BloodEagle
A Theradrim Guardian
Yeah, I read that as well....the only downside is that at most I only see 1 or 2 addons for specific professions.

Maybe if I could get user feedback, it might be a bit easier to implement

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » BloodEagle's Recomp is going class specific...