07-27-05, 06:09 AM   #21
martin
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up wow vs EQ

Where to start....

I started playing EQ after kunnark and fell in love with the game. This love affair lasted until I retired from the game at lvl 68 in a guild that was listed as fourth on the server in terms of the mobs it could and had dispatched.

I left EQ because the game left me. Grinding for levels was an endless and tedious experience after level 20. Find a mob you can kill, kill it, ( get very little loot), wash, rinse and repeat - endlessy for days.. In WOW I have yet ( at level 59 only 3 blues to go!!) to log on and kill a mob repeatedly for the sole purpose of gaining experience. I have managed to quest/ tradeskill etc my way to lvl 59 in 1 and 3 hour bursts. I have 12-20 options of what to do whenever I log on and none of them are dependant upon me getting 40+ others to do the same!! For a casual player like myself the 1, 5,10 man doable instances are the bomb! The quests provide challenge but are soloable by and large. The trade system makes it worthwhile to follow a trade and it make it doable wwhile increasing your ex at the same time!! All of these are huge advantages over the EQ design.

Another big plus I see is actually with the economy. With items binding upon use and pickup, they do not devalue in the same manner as they did in EQ. pricing is alot more stable that it used to be in EQ.

Rewards for quests make the quests for the most part worth doing. In EQ this was often not the case.

No zoning!!!!

All in All for the casual player like myself Wow is a breath of fresh air.
07-27-05, 07:32 AM   #22
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by XeroKill
As for EQ2... well I only played that game to level 35/34 (Barbarian Guardian/Armorsmith) and it was just a snooze fest. The tradeskills in that game made you want to perform a solo root canal on yourself, with out the drugs. The so called "solo" content was either a joke, or designed to be soloed well after the indicated level. The instances were long and tedious, but they were the only fun thing I found in the game. I did Nektropos at least a dozen times, and thought it was pretty neat. In the end it just seemed to be too redundant for me. I got my keys for EL and what ever the other was called (can't remember).

That pretty much sums up EQ and EQ2. The whole game for me. lol

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » The difference between WOW and EQ