09-07-05, 07:03 PM   #1
rodeo
A Defias Bandit
Titan Panel killing latency

i love titan panel and i really wish i could use it but when its enabled it destroys my latency. usually its around 20-100 but with titan enabled it shoots up to 800-2000.

anyone else have this problem? can anyone help me?
09-08-05, 04:38 AM   #2
Littlejohn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wow, 20ms! What kind of network are you on? DSL a block from the Bliz data center?

Anyways, Titan is highly dependent on what plug-ins you have and what you have enabled. I've never seen my ping time drop, but my frame rate has.
09-08-05, 11:13 AM   #3
rodeo
A Defias Bandit
no i'm on a cable modem. 20 is an extreme though. but the point is, titan ruins my great latency. please help!!
09-08-05, 02:27 PM   #4
Kasheen
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by rodeo
no i'm on a cable modem. 20 is an extreme though. but the point is, titan ruins my great latency. please help!!
Are you sure that the latency being displayed is your actual latency? I've noticed with the default wow latency meter that sometimes it may go red but the game acts and responds normally, as if the lag meter is taking its time to update again. Ive found the same with titan, if my ping spikes at one point titan will display 1000 for example but then a few moments later ill be playing happily again.
09-08-05, 04:54 PM   #5
Littlejohn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by rodeo
Sorry, should have been more specific: what options/plug-ins do you have for Titan?

I'm on cable too. My connection averages about 3.5 Mbps bandwidth, but the latency is still usually 80+ ms. It just surprised me that's all -- you've just got an extremely short route to Bliz.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Titan Panel killing latency