09-02-16, 07:11 AM   #1
Thicondrius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest Module causing FPS drop once World Quests are unlocked

hi all!

when quest module is active suffer from fps drop to 15 anyone have this truble?
09-02-16, 12:58 PM   #2
BomSquad
A Murloc Raider
Low FPS

I've been updating my carbonite regularly and only had the issue today. I tried loading older versions with the same issue.
09-03-16, 04:02 PM   #3
minismartie
A Kobold Labourer
Quest Module causing FPS drop once World Quests are unlocked.

Hi,

Carbonite quest module is causing FPS drops to 6 - 12 FPS once a character has World Quests available. As soon as the quest module is removed the FPS goes back up to max. I've tried both the current curse version and the current github version and this problem still occurs whenever the quests module is enabled for this character.
Works fine for any character who hasn't unlocked world quests.

Is there any setting I can change to fix this ?

Thanks
09-04-16, 03:44 AM   #4
DYWYPI
A Kobold Labourer
I am also getting this.

I think that World Quests are to blame; I noticed the problem almost immediately after unlocking them, dropping to 10 FPS regardless of graphics settings until I disabled the quest module. When I log onto an alt who hasn't unlocked them yet, I can run it fine in the same areas.
09-04-16, 10:20 AM   #5
Casualagent
A Murloc Raider
FPS drops to 0-15

Since the world's quest 110 have been released , I have 15 fps and less .
Same as DYWYPI.
09-04-16, 11:57 AM   #6
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Im working on geting my main to 110lvl (dont have time), then ill try to find fix for this.
09-05-16, 12:40 AM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I am 110, and have done over 100 world quests already... my FPS never goes below 80, so it's not always something that happens.
09-05-16, 01:47 AM   #8
Sangdraxx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Definitely seems to be related to World Quests in some way, issue started the second I turned in the Uniting the Isles quest which unlocked them. Beyond that I'm not sure how it works. It doesn't causes errors, and it doesn't seem to be a memory leak as module doesn't go much over 20MB.

Mousing over the minimap (I don't have the map merged, possible relevance?) seems to temporarily fix it, though for varying amounts of time, on some occasions it starts again immediately after moving mouse off the minimap, other times it won't start again until moving to another area.

These are only my experiences with it and should be taken with a grain of salt as I've not tried disabling other add-ons to isolate the issue.

Update: Midway through doing Aszuna World Quests the issue seems to have stopped (So far, though I've already flown to Stormheim and still hasn't returned), happened either when I turned in the Wardens Emissary quest (Which brought me down to 1 remaining) or after finishing one of the World Quests near the Emissary turn-in (Jabrill/Tidross?)

Last edited by Sangdraxx : 09-05-16 at 02:21 AM.
09-05-16, 12:22 PM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Just wondering... what is your "watch delay time" setting? and if you increase it to like 600 does that affect your fps?
09-05-16, 03:01 PM   #10
Sangdraxx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Just wondering... what is your "watch delay time" setting? and if you increase it to like 600 does that affect your fps?
Looks like it was at 500 by default, haven't had the issue pop up again since whatever 'fixed' it in Azsuna so far, will try changing it if it happens again to find out ... or if I level another character to 110 to unlock them again.

Last edited by Sangdraxx : 09-05-16 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Phrasing
09-07-16, 09:24 AM   #11
Fizgig1973
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Having the same problem as well. Disabling all addons and just leaving Carbonite Quests & main module loaded. Massive FPS drop.
09-08-16, 03:01 PM   #12
Spunkymanker
A Fallenroot Satyr
Same problem here, was holding 75-80fps most of the time, but now that world quests are unlocked, I'm dropping to 25-30fps in the same areas.
Disabling carbonite quests fixes the problem.

Also.. Does carbonite show world quests? I can't see anything world quest related if carbonite quests is enabled.
09-08-16, 09:59 PM   #13
kefkadarden
A Defias Bandit
Possible Fix

I played around in the settings and noted that if I went to the databases tab under Quest Module and turned off Levels 86-90, my framerates went back up. Not sure what quests are under that range but something in there must be causing an issue now. I wasn't having the framerate issue till yesterday. I'm running 7.0.3b.
09-09-16, 11:22 AM   #14
Spunkymanker
A Fallenroot Satyr
I just tested by turning off quests 86-90, and unfortunately it didn't help. I've also noticed, that it's worse today than yesterday. Instead of dropping from 80fps to 30, it's dropping down to 8-10fps. I've done a few world quests now, and I hadn't done any yet before. Perhaps that made a difference.
09-09-16, 11:25 AM   #15
kefkadarden
A Defias Bandit
I haven't done any world quests yet as far as I know. I'll check when I get home to see if my suggestion is still working but I played a while last night and was sitting at 60-100 fps consistently.
09-09-16, 11:54 AM   #16
LukewarmCereal
A Murloc Raider
I'm also experiencing this. Massive FPS drop even when Carbonite is the only addon installed, but only on my 110 character. All other lower level characters unaffected.

Something odd is that the framerate goes back up to normal while the alt-M default map is open. Haven't seen anyone else mention that.
09-09-16, 12:55 PM   #17
Swirrel
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Hi.

I have the same problem as the title of the thread says.

To Rythal's quote, I tried the "suggestion" with no increase in fps. The lag was still horrible with barely no inclination of being able to move/jump/run/mount/ect. Others seemed to lag when they went past me, but the second I turned Carbonite Quest off I had no lag and my fps went back to normal.
I also changed the Watch Delay Time back to 500 which is what is default (at least my end it is).

---
From the beginning for the issue my end.
I had just gotten Friendly reputation with the appropriate in Stormheim when Carbonite announced "quest complete" which was odd I thought as the quest tracker didn't have any "quests complete" so it dawned on me which quest it was and it was the quest what would unlock world quest. I'd just arrive to an area where I could set my HS, I did and went first to my Dreamgrove which for me is located in Val'sharah. Did a few completed missions, sent out new ones and got some work orders started. I then used my Dalaran HS, went to the Underbelly to d a quest there that had popped uyp since late yesterday, went to the herbalist trainer to hand in a quest there, went to another questgiver and got a quest there and last went to Khadgar to hand in my "world quest" quest.. THE SECOND! I handed in that quest I got a giant lagspike, a notice in my chat from system message telling me I'd unlocked world quest and huge lag with an fps on 6 dropping from 40-42 where I had no lag.
I thought that was odd.

After some chatting with guildies and several realizing I wouldn't budge, didn't have an old pc, didn't have internet issues and didn't think it was my addons, I realized that on occasions since TBC Carbonite have been at fault. I know it's easy to blame 1 addon when using others they too could be the culprit, but when you 10 out of 10 times have the same addon being the culprit which conclusion would you jump too first? Yeah, me too.
So I had flown from Dalaran to Meredil in Suramar to get some The Nightfallen rep for today, during that time I googled carbonite and world quest unlocked and this thread came up as the first on the list.
What several of you have described I could read was my issue as well.

So I turned Carbonite off and reloaded. My fps went back up and no lag what-so-ever.
I turned Carbonite back on and Carbonite Quest off, reloaded and my fps was still normal and no lag.
Turning Carbonite quest back on and adjusting in-game graphic settings to what WoW recommends for mine, made no difference, my fps went back down to 6 and could again barely move/mount ect ect.
Turning Carbonite Quest off and keeping the graphic settings I'd changed, made my fps hop to 75 climbing to 90. and stay between 80-90 which is still is as off this post with Carbonite Quest turned off.

Carbonite Quest turned on: http://i.imgur.com/FI8zSlM.jpg
Carbonite Quest turned off: http://i.imgur.com/nlAqvyQ.jpg

No offence Rythal, I know you've worked really hard and long to maintain Carbonite and you're doing a fantastic job. Taking on a HUGE addon like this one was and stlll is, must have been one hell of a nightmare from time to time, but all the same Carbonite Quest is a (for me anyway) huge part of what makes Carbonite what it is and what it does, so blindingly easy to quest in WoW.

I know from a post in this thread that you yourself stating you don't have issues having unlocked and done world quests, but as it is, several us have issues after handing in that particular quest, my self included.

Carbonite Quests need some sort of fix for those of us and those that come after us that has this particular issue.
There are no bugs to shows as Buggrabber and Bugsack doesn't show any and neither does the addon it self.

On a more personal note, I check for addon updates each day both automatically with Curse Client as well as manually before I log in to WoW, not because Legion have just launched, but because it's a long time thing I just do.

I can't code or anything in that region, but if there is anything I can do or check for you to hopefully narrow down the issue, let me know.

Thank you
Swirrel.

Edit:
it's probabaly worth mentioning that I only had the World event/quests and quests lvl 101-110 turned on under Quest Watch between all the lvl's to choose from. All my toons but 1, is lvl 100 on the server I play on (except 1, that lvl 110), so I see no reason to have other quests turned on unless I rly rly rly need them... I usually don't, that's what wowhead.com is for

So apparently Buggrabber/Bugsack decided not to pop up a window with this bug:
1x Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9778: script ran too long
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:9778: in function `Unpack'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:2924: in function `?'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:2687: in function `Init'
Carbonite.Quests\NxQuest.lua:2092: in function `func'
Carbonite\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0-17.lua:55: in function <Carbonite\Libs\AceTimer-3.0\AceTimer-3.0.lua:48>

Locals:

http://i.imgur.com/7Q94maO.jpg

Last edited by Swirrel : 09-09-16 at 03:19 PM.
09-09-16, 01:04 PM   #18
aracthebold
Premium Member

Premium Member
I just started having this issue today, was fine before. I noticed the memory usage for the quest module starts out at 16 meg and then climbs rapidly to 35 meg, then drops back to 16 and starts over again.

I have the 7.03b installed, and the only carbonite modules I use are main (map), quest, and warehouse.

I turned off warehouse and it had no effect.

seems the memory usage is the key here
09-09-16, 01:33 PM   #19
cde311
A Defias Bandit
FPS drops

I can confirm too I have this issue. No matter what zone or city I am in, FPS is stuck between 10.0 and 11.0 at all times while carbonite main and carbonite quest module are loaded with no other addons running. As soon as I turn off the Quest module, FPS resumes back to 100+. I too did my first world quest turn in last night to unlock them and this morning is when I noticed the issue. My Watch Delay Time was set at 500. I moved it to 1000 and the FPS improved briefly but when I opened up the carbonite map to a zone that had a world quest available, the FPS dropped and stayed there to 10-11 fps. I am on ver 7.3 from Github, no other modifications to the addon files or any LUA.
09-09-16, 02:12 PM   #20
aracthebold
Premium Member

Premium Member
update

Ok, looks like this is tied to the emissary quests. Today was the wardens after completing and turning the quest FPS is now back to normal.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Quest Module causing FPS drop once World Quests are unlocked