02-20-08, 06:20 PM   #1
Zeph
A Murloc Raider
Need help finding a raid ui mod

Ok, What I am looking for, and i have no idea if it exists or not, but I want a raid window that will only show on mouse over and will go away on mouse off.. I was hoping grid would have this option but i dont think it does. Anyone know of something like this? Thank you!
02-20-08, 08:44 PM   #2
mozulo
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Not quite sure how you mean mouse over mouse off if im thinking what you mean is mouse over the raid frame then mouse off to hide? then i have not seen any addon that can do this.

02-21-08, 01:05 AM   #3
Zeph
A Murloc Raider
Yeah, thats what I meant, I want it to be completely gone from my screen unless my mouse is hovered over it. I really wish grid had this option lol
02-21-08, 01:46 AM   #4
srcwiz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Hmm,

Not sure if this would work, but could this week's weekly pick Dock

be used to do that?

I mean if we put the grid or perfectraid on the dock frame.

could we produce the effect the OP wants ?

but I think the effect the OP wants might not be good to have since there might be a

seconds delay when activating. As a healer, I would think that would be very fatal.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...8206-Dock.html

Last edited by srcwiz : 02-21-08 at 02:04 AM.
02-21-08, 04:12 AM   #5
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm... a bit confused. How are you going to put your mouse over it to display it if it's not there?

(This is obviously going to hinder the codeability of your request)
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
02-21-08, 05:32 AM   #6
Falcon213
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
I'm... a bit confused. How are you going to put your mouse over it to display it if it's not there?

(This is obviously going to hinder the codeability of your request)
UIFrameFadeIn/Out? Or just switch the alpha between 0 and 1 for a quicker but not-as-good-looking solution. Honestly this should be a real simple modification for any current addon. I'll check out grid later and post what needs to be modified if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Edit:
Untested, but try adding this to the bottom of GridFrame.lua:
Code:
local grid_alpha
GridFrame:SetScript(
    'OnEnter', function()
        grid_alpha = this:GetAlpha()
        this:SetAlpha(0)
    end
)
GridFrame:SetScript(
    'OnLeave', function()
        this:SetAlpha(grid_alpha)
    end
)
Assuming it works (I don't see why not, but backup Grid first just in case), then you will have to mouseover and out of the frame upon joining a raid, converting to a raid, or joining a bg to get it to fade out the first time, but that's all.

Really though, it would be best to request the feature to the addon's author, otherwise you would have to add the code every time grid updates.

Last edited by Falcon213 : 02-21-08 at 07:01 AM.
02-22-08, 10:07 PM   #7
Zeph
A Murloc Raider
Yeah, I don't know the first thing about adding code to an add-on.. I made the suggestion on the grid comments forum, but is there another way other than that to suggest the idea to the author? I tried sending him a PM but he wasn't accepting PM's.

Oh and the reason I want this feature for the grid is because it doesn't take much space on the screen when it is up and I'm not a healer so I don't need raid windows up at all times, therefore this would allow me to see them when I want to but they wont be cluttering my screen when I dont want them to =)

P.S. Thanks for the suggestions, I really hope I can get this feature added to the mod, I think it would be a nice feature for a lot of people!

Last edited by Zeph : 02-22-08 at 10:10 PM.
02-23-08, 12:39 AM   #8
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

OnScreen

I experienced a similar sensation of clutter when I first started raiding back in September (?) of last year, though my solution was a bit down a different track. Still, you might want to check out the mod I made called OnScreen.

I'm not a good enough programmer to make it work for anything you have on your screen (yet), I have to hard code the values in, but it basically lets you specify which frames you want displayed when you are and when you are not in combat. The motivation was that I wanted to overlap my minimap and Omen, based on whether I was in combat or out.

Check it out, see if you like it.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-OnScreen.html
02-23-08, 05:54 PM   #9
Zeph
A Murloc Raider
That mod you made is a good idea, but not quite what I'm looking for... I would like the raid window to be off my screen at all times, in combat or out of combat, unless I have my mouse hovered over it. Maybe I'm just super picky, but it's something I've been looking for in a mod for quite a while now and haven't been able to find it... It would be awesome if the wow interface community would help me get the author to add this to grid! Because the way i see it is, if it's possible, I would have it as an option that you could turn on and off therefore it would just be another feature to make people want grid even more.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need help finding a raid ui mod