04-10-07, 03:02 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For druids having problems with bars not paging when shapeshifting

So, I helped a druid friend in my guild who was having the issue that many of you have reported. Whenever he switched to bear, he was always getting his cat bar. It had worked fine for him for months, but a couple weeks ago things got screwy. I didn't really look into what the actual underlying issue was, but this is what we did to fix it.
  1. Log out
  2. Deleted all all files that start with the word bongos from WTF/Account/<account-name>/SavedVariables/
  3. Deleted all all files that start with the word bongos from WTF/Account/<account-name>/<server-name>/<character-name>/SavedVariables/
  4. Log in
  5. Mazzify just the button layout. Make sure to uncheck the "Place actions in buttons" setting on the final page of the Mazzifier.
  6. Open bongos options
  7. Click the stances tab in bongos options
  8. Delete all the rules
  9. If you're using the simple druid layouts, add a stance rule to shift bar 1 by 1 page for cat form. If you're using 'Mazzlefizz's Druid Layout', add a stance rule to shift bars 1-3 by 1 page for cat form.
  10. If you're using the simple druid layouts, add a stance rule to shift bar 1 by 2 pages for bear form. If you're using 'Mazzlefizz's Druid Layout', add a stance rule to shift bars 1-3 by 2 pages for bear form.
  11. Reload the UI (type "/rl")

Initially, I'd try doing the above without steps 2-5 so that you don't lose any layout changes you made. If it doesn't work, do the full thing.

Hope that helps.
05-05-07, 11:38 AM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is a post someone else made that may also be of help.

Originally Posted by funky2013
I finally found a solution to stance bars not updating cat form for druids!!!

I had the same problem with bongos not switching bars when shifting to cat form on my druid and after much googling and experimenting I eventually came across this solution on curse-gaming.com under bongo's comments:

So I learned cat form before aqua, noticed the bar switching wouldn't work under cat but when I put it under aqua it worked. Just learned aqua, (it auto moved my cat form over on the class bar so it goes bear:aqua:cat ), I deleted my aqua stances and added the cat switching back under cat. Now when I click aqua form button it changes me into cat form. The tooltip says aqua form but when I click it I change into cat (and the cat icon next to it changes. So basically both aqua and cat now turn me into cat.
Sure enough when I tried manually changing the "switch bar by..." under aquatic form it updated cat form's bars. Hope this helps for any druids who are still trying to figure this out.
05-20-07, 06:02 PM   #3
LeDinobot
A Defias Bandit
I did this, and for Bear form it worked, and every other Cat form ability...

But when I hit Prowl (the stealth ability) it automatically switches my bar back to Caster form though I remain in Cat form.

How do I fix such an issue?
05-21-07, 02:33 AM   #4
Thyz
A Murloc Raider
Probably the same way, but you have to make a rule to replace the cat bar with a bar where you have your stealth abilities on
05-21-07, 11:22 PM   #5
Tempestas
A Murloc Raider
Just an FYI...I have the same problem on my rogue, but not my druid. Sometimes I stealth, but when I unstealth the bars are still the stealth ones. Sometimes its the opposite. Really anoying but a shift+down fixes it then switching to stelath again and manually switching the bar temporarily fixes it. I will fool with this.

PS the more I think about it it has happened on my druid, just not as often.

Last edited by Tempestas : 05-21-07 at 11:36 PM.
05-22-07, 04:48 PM   #6
Stattico
A Defias Bandit
Had this problem after the 2.1 update. Updated things with the AceAutoUpdater and followed the instructions below to re-setup bongos. Looks like the problem is fixed going into a form BUT not if you go in/out of forms while in combat. Once I pop out of combat the bar switches to what it should have been on.

For instance, while fighting switch out of cat form and notice bars don’t switch. If I finish the enemy off with my staff the bars instantly switch once I get out of combat.

For some reason when I am in combat I also cant manually page a bar. Any ideas?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » For druids having problems with bars not paging when shapeshifting