View Poll Results: Which popular softdrink of the two do you prefer?
Coca-Cola 60 63.16%
Pespi Cola 35 36.84%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

05-02-09, 12:10 PM   #1
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Coca-Cola or Pepsi [Explain Briefly]

Coca-Cola
Pepsi

Yes, it's one of the internet's oldest debate: Coke or Pepsi? I thought I'd like to hear the opinion of my fellow WoWI's on which of the two popular softdrink beverages you prefer.

If you post why you think one is better, don't just say something thoughtless like "**** r0xzorz mai b0xzorz!!111eleven11!!", ok? Put some thought in it, even if it's just "Well, I just think **** tastes better.".
05-02-09, 12:18 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Pepsi

Coke has a tendency to leave a bad taste/residue in your mouth :/

Not to mention constantly seeing sites and magazine articles like this: http://www.wisebread.com/51-uses-for...-ultimate-list
05-02-09, 12:20 PM   #3
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well, I personally voted for Coke because I've been a long time fan of the Coca-Cola company. I've been drinking Coke as long as I can remember.

Coca-Cola is one of the original Cola soft drinks so I think that enough should win my vote as best Cola beverage.

However, I dislike Pepsi because when I used to watch TV, I saw a lot of ads for Pepsi and they always made me angry. Why? Because (this may sound corny) they often used sex appeal to sell their drinks! You know if they have top female celebrities and models selling their product, you know at least the men are going to buy it, especially the young teenagers who are just hitting puberty and are taking a higher notice in girls. Doesn't seem right to me, even though Pepsi isn't the only one who does this.

Another thing I don't like about Pepsi's ads is the fact that half the time it seems they also compare themselves to Coca-Cola, literally saying between the two, Pepsi is the best choice, and if you disagree then you're stupid. I really hope people do have their own opinion and not just what the media tells them to think.

What I do like about the Coca-Cola ads is that from what I remember, it always seems to be about have a good time and just to have a cold refreshing drink on a hot day, or if it's close to the Holiday season, drinking Coca-Cola with fuzzy polar bears or Santa.

I'm not saying Coca-Cola has never used sexual appeal to sell their products, but to be fair, I think (from what I recall) Pepsi takes the cake on that aspect. I remember seeing in antique shops some really nice Coca-Cola pin-up calendars, very cool 1950's vintage stuff. However, I'd never buy a poster of Britney Spears holding a can of Pepsi, even if I did like Pepsi.

/sigh, okay that's one man's opinion, I'd like to hear from the rest of you now, please!
05-02-09, 12:23 PM   #4
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Pepsi

Coke has a tendency to leave a bad taste/residue in your mouth :/

Not to mention constantly seeing sites and magazine articles like this: http://www.wisebread.com/51-uses-for...-ultimate-list
Actually, did you know Coca-Cola's first intentional use was a medicine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola claimed to be a cure for many diseases back then, so I'm not surprised if some one tried to use it to get something like grease stains out.

Besides, Pepsi is a Cola too, so in theory, it should be able to get the same grease stains out, too

EDIT: Looking back at that link you gave me, I think there's a lot of things there that speak in favor of Coke, rather than against it. Just because it can clean the rust off your bike chain doesn't mean it'll kill you, it even says towards the bottom that there are stronger acids in your stomach than in Coke.
EDIT2: I agree with you saying it leaves a bad taste/residue in your mouth, but only if you drink it warm. My Coke has to be ice cold or I can't drink it. I have friends drink it warm and I don't get them at all. That's like drinking warm beer, like the English do.

Last edited by PerfectH : 05-02-09 at 12:34 PM.
05-02-09, 12:24 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think that is a trend in all markets. Plain and simple, sex sells. The company that can get away with the most audio/visual sexual suggestiveness in their adds will ultimately cash in is my theory.
05-02-09, 12:29 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
My mom prefers Pepsi, so we always had Pepsi growing up. In high school, I started drinking Coke off and on, and in college I switched to Diet Coke. I can't stand Diet Pepsi, and both Pepsi and regular Coke are too sweet for me now. Though, if I had to pick between regular Pepsi or regular Coke (ex, poll above) I pick Coke.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-02-09, 12:29 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just did a little digging on Coca-cola and found this interesting statement.

In that first year of production Pemberton made only $50, yet he had spent over $70 in production and marketing.
If only it was still possible to fully produce/market a product for $70
05-02-09, 12:30 PM   #8
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I think that is a trend in all markets. Plain and simple, sex sells. The company that can get away with the most audio/visual sexual suggestiveness in their adds will ultimately cash in is my theory.
It's really sad if you think about it.

Come to think of it, Blizzard AND Coke are guilty of this. Ever seen that Chinese Coke-WoW commercial? I'm not sure if they meant to pass it off as subtle sex appeal, but I'm sure a lot of people probably think that...
05-02-09, 12:32 PM   #9
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Just did a little digging on Coca-cola and found this interesting statement.

If only it was still possible to fully produce/market a product for $70
He only made $50 in a year?! Holy crap...
So if it cost him $70 to make $50 worth of Coke he got burnt really bad. I'm surprised he didn't suffer from recession and gave up on the product altogether.
05-02-09, 12:33 PM   #10
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Definitely Coke for me. Been around the longest and I like most of their subsidiary products (Sprite, Minute Maid, Fruitopia, etc.) as well. I find Pepsi has a strange aftertaste... it always reminds me of aspartame.

Just to add to some history and folklore on Coke, check out Snopes Cokelore here.

05-02-09, 12:39 PM   #11
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
Definitely Coke for me. Been around the longest and I like most of their subsidiary products (Sprite, Minute Maid, Fruitopia, etc.) as well. I find Pepsi has a strange aftertaste... it always reminds me of aspartame.

Just to add to some history and folklore on Coke, check out Snopes Cokelore here.
If I go to a restaurant that doesn't serve Coke, I settle for a Mug Root Beer. But if I had to choose between Mug and Barqs, I'd go with Barqs.

Ever notice this: Crush (Pepsi's Orange Soda) and Mug (Pepsi's Root Beer) contain no caffeine, however, Sunkist (Coke's Orange Soda) and Barq's (Coke's Root Beer) does have caffeine. I wonder why that is. Caffeine makes it taste better anyways :P
05-02-09, 12:53 PM   #12
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Pepsi is too flat for me. But I do like Mountain Dew and Gatorade. I think Coca-Cola has more drinks that I enjoy. So I'm voting for them.

Last edited by Cralor : 05-02-09 at 12:59 PM.
05-02-09, 01:12 PM   #13
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Give me a can of Slurm any day.

However if I have to choose between Pepsi and Coca-Cola, I'll choose Coca-Cola! I just like the taste of Coca-Cola more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slurm.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	2600  

Last edited by Dolby : 05-02-09 at 01:14 PM.
05-02-09, 01:14 PM   #14
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Give me a can of Slurm any day.

However if I have to choose between Pepsi and Coke, I'll choose coke! I just like the taste of coke more.
"Whimmy, wham wham, wazzle! Let's party!"
-Slurms McKenzies - RIP
05-02-09, 01:29 PM   #15
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Pepsi ^^

I like Pepsi better. It is sweeter, and the fact that it is less fizzy means it's a little smoother going down. I like anything I swallow to go down smoothly.

Wait...

I'm still talking about Pepsi; I promise.

05-02-09, 01:41 PM   #16
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Honestly, I like Coke better. I think it just tastes better; I don't agree that they taste the same.

However, it's not a deciding factor for me. If I were to go to a restaurant and wanted coke and they had pepsi, that would be fine.

However this is all moot anyway. I gave up caffeinated drinks in November and not going back Sprite tastes good too. How about a sprite vs. sierra mist discussion
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
05-02-09, 01:46 PM   #17
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
Pepsi is too flat for me. But I do like Mountain Dew and Gatorade. I think Coca-Cola has more drinks that I enjoy. So I'm voting for them.
Powerade sux, bad. It tastes like meds in flavoured water. I agree with Cralor on his entire statement.

Originally Posted by PerfectH View Post
If I go to a restaurant that doesn't serve Coke, I settle for a Mug Root Beer. But if I had to choose between Mug and Barqs, I'd go with Barqs.

Ever notice this: Crush (Pepsi's Orange Soda) and Mug (Pepsi's Root Beer) contain no caffeine, however, Sunkist (Coke's Orange Soda) and Barq's (Coke's Root Beer) does have caffeine. I wonder why that is. Caffeine makes it taste better anyways :P
I prefer caffeine as well, also can't do diet.. You make similar choices in restaurants that are Pepsico oriented as I do, Pepsi just doesn't do it for me at all... I'd rather drink water.
05-02-09, 02:11 PM   #18
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I try not to drink too much soda, but if I do then it's definitely Coke. Pepsi will do if there is nothing else to drink.

Coke tastes better to me. It's not as sickeningly sweet, and has more carbonation.
05-02-09, 02:39 PM   #19
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Pepsi just goes flat too fast.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]
05-02-09, 02:49 PM   #20
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Oh diet coke in a can how I love thee, let me count the ways:

I drink it every day (which is bad i should really be drinking more water )
Its crisp and refreshing, its like an ice cold beer to me (beer is gross imo, if i drink its gonna be liquor but thats another thread!) Its just the best drink out there imo. Pepsi is too sweet i think. Doesnt have enough carbonation for me. When I pour my self a glass of coke i can hear it fizz from across the room! Makes for great burps!

COKE 4 LIFE!

DOO DOOO DOO DOO DOO ALWAYS COCA - COLA !!!

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Coca-Cola or Pepsi [Explain Briefly]