11-16-09, 06:34 AM   #1
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

Cant add sound in MikScrollingBattleText

In MikScrollingBattleText
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...p?id=5153#info
cant add a sound, even if the wav is in the addon directory in sounds. When i type the file name the save button is still gray.....
Im asking here because there no answer in 2 days
11-16-09, 09:56 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I haven't tried adding a sound manually to MSBT - honestly, I wasn't aware that you could. But MSBT picks up on anything registered to LibSharedMedia, so if you have the SharedMedia addon, you can look at "Instructions for MyMedia.txt" in the SharedMedia folder, and add your sounds that way.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-16-09, 10:04 AM   #3
Mikord
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I answered you on MSBT's comments, but I'll post it here as well in case anyone else happens upon the post.

Are you putting the extension (.wav) on it? The sound file must be a .wav or .mp3 file. See the FAQ linked via MSBT's description page (http://mikord.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=156&a=faq) for an entry ("How do I add my own custom sounds?") for step-by-step instructions on how to add custom sounds.

Also, as Seerah pointed out MSBT works seamlessly with SharedMedia, so anything registered there will be consumed. Similarly, any media added to MSBT through its in-game media editor is exported to SharedMedia for other AddOns to make use of as well.

Last edited by Mikord : 11-16-09 at 10:08 AM.
11-16-09, 04:45 PM   #4
BWarner
A Black Drake

Oh, and, the files must exist in the spot you're trying to load them from before you even start your game client. In other words, you can't place the file in the folder once WoW is open, as the WoW sandbox won't pick it up. You must place the file and then open the game.

The Warrior Formerly Known As Aerowyn.

http://AeroWow.com/
11-17-09, 07:59 AM   #5
zero-kill
A Firelord

Originally Posted by BWarner View Post
Oh, and, the files must exist in the spot you're trying to load them from before you even start your game client. In other words, you can't place the file in the folder once WoW is open, as the WoW sandbox won't pick it up. You must place the file and then open the game.
So a /rl won't work?
11-17-09, 09:47 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, because WoW won't know they're there.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Cant add sound in MikScrollingBattleText