06-22-07, 07:34 AM   #1
caya
A Fallenroot Satyr
Switching from Windowed to Full Screen or vise versa

When entering full screen mode or even starting in full screen and then going to windowed mode. The graphics of the casting bar becomes an undetailed giant black bar and the mini map stays all black.

Mac OS
06-22-07, 09:03 AM   #2
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Try doing a /reloadui.
06-22-07, 10:26 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It's something with how Blizzard handles graphics. I haven't gotten to test it yet in the new version, but if you use the Quartz casting bar, that will not go black if you switch. The map, I'll check.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-30-07, 03:46 PM   #4
entendu
A Defias Bandit
I can confirm the existence of this issue. /reloadui does indeed fix the issue, however, it is unrealistic to expect to /reloadui while switching over to wowhead and back several times, for example.

Symptoms are:
Minimap area becomes black and is larger than the minimap usually is. The blackness extends over approximately 1/3 of the nearest hotbar buttons. Player cursor and other minimap notes appear on top of this blackness. It appears that certain areas of the UI area do not rescale correctly or are layered incorrectly when a rescale happens.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start wow in windowed or full-screen mode. Observe that the UI is working as expected.
2. Press Cmd+M to change to fullscreen/windowed mode. Screen will turn black as this change happens.
3. Observe the described anomolies.

I will try and remember to post screenshots tonight.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Switching from Windowed to Full Screen or vise versa