11-05-09, 03:46 AM   #1
tripleabd
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
UI Project! Extremly Low Mini UI! Help Needed!

Hello there...
Im a Ret/Holy Paladin and im sick of the most comonly UI used these days.
The recent UI that im using atm is TuksUI but i kinda dnt like atm.
The blizzard UI is a big failure and i hate it so much cuz its just **** imo.

What I AM eager to see is a VERY very SIMPLE MINI UI that have RLY LOW Memory use with nothing but a HUD UFs with 2 Small Action Bars that are Hidden and can be seen when hoverd on them. simple round minimap at a corner. simple raid UFs that can be easly accessable and shows good stuff abt the whole raid...

if anyone have seen this UI PLEASE LINK!

i need good addons for this project with EXTREMLY LOW Memory!
i dnt need grid / pitbull / pearl
i dnt need Bars / dominos
i dnt need prat or chatter
i dnt need Simpleminimap or Chinchulla
i dnt need DBM / DXE / BigWigs
i NEED Addons that do the same functions as the above but with rly EXTREME LOW MEMORY! and that can be Modified easly..

I tried oUF but its hard to config .lua
I tried rActionbars again hard to config .lua
if someone can help modifying those .lua to the project needs it would be awesome

i would like to thank all readers and hope we can finish up this project ASAP cuz im EAGER to get a UI like this soon.
11-05-09, 03:57 AM   #2
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think the most light-weight UI at the moment is mine. I don't know if you like it, but here's the information. Note that this is a prerelease and this UI isn't completed yet.

Screenshot:

Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
You can get prereleases at my bitbucket:
http://bitbucket.org/nightcracker/ncui/src/

Click this at the top right:
get source »

Save it somewhere, go to your World of Warcraft folder and backup your WTF and Interface folder. Put the files in the folder ncui from the zip in the Interface/Addons folder(create if it doesn't exit). You should now have the following folder structure(just giving !ncUI as an example, but should eb with all addons):
Code:
World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/!ncUI
And not:
Code:
World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/ncui/!ncUI
Finally go ingame, you'll get an popup message that ncUI should configure, click "yes". And at last go to escape menu > interface and enable all actionbars.

Have fun!

EDIT:
Forgot to mention some commands:
/bind - Allows mouseover binding on the macro frame and spellbook.
/configure - Resets all config to the ncUI defaults
Rightclick on the minimap is for tracking.
Please go to Escape Menu > Keybindings, scroll down completely, and bind something easy to acces to Geist. This addon will show 25 extra actionbuttons under your cursor.
11-05-09, 04:00 AM   #3
tripleabd
A Murloc Raider
woah its an amazing UI tbh RLY amazing and PERFECT! i would like to see how raid frames in it is...
and for the player and target UF i think it would be btr if its a HUD
11-05-09, 04:17 AM   #4
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by tripleabd View Post
woah its an amazing UI tbh RLY amazing and PERFECT! i would like to see how raid frames in it is...
and for the player and target UF i think it would be btr if its a HUD
This is a PRErelease, it's not finished yet. I just use p3lim's Unit Frames until I have made my own. Thanks for the feedback though!

P.S. I'll have to disappoint you, I don't like HUDs, so there will never be a hud in ncUI i think.
11-05-09, 04:42 AM   #5
tripleabd
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
This is a PRErelease, it's not finished yet. I just use p3lim's Unit Frames until I have made my own. Thanks for the feedback though!

P.S. I'll have to disappoint you, I don't like HUDs, so there will never be a hud in ncUI i think.
neverthe less its rly amazing i would like to see the end version and i hope that ur raid frames will be perfect too
11-05-09, 04:58 AM   #6
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by tripleabd View Post
neverthe less its rly amazing i would like to see the end version and i hope that ur raid frames will be perfect too
Thanks man!
11-05-09, 06:00 AM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Have you looked through the Minimalistic Compilations download category? If you don't want to create your own, there may be something there you might like.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
11-05-09, 06:07 AM   #8
tripleabd
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Have you looked through the Minimalistic Compilations download category? If you don't want to create your own, there may be something there you might like.
ye i did but i didn't find anything interesting so far...
im working on it atm and i will post screen shots as soon as i finish up something
11-05-09, 06:50 AM   #9
dragonblader44
A Kobold Labourer
You know man... in my country there is a saying that says:

"You want the dog fed and the plate full"

It is said to people that want perfectness
11-05-09, 07:24 AM   #10
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Such things as perfection, do not excist. Definately not for an interface.
11-05-09, 09:30 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
And especially not if you're using one made by someone else and want it perfect "out-of-the-box".
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-05-09, 09:46 AM   #12
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Although I've never used it, the OP's description sounds a fair bit like what I know of nUI. That may also be a starting point.
11-05-09, 11:09 AM   #13
Justicex
A Murloc Raider
Actually I don't think nUI is a good solution for the OP. I ran it for a while now but had to switch to a different UI although I really loved nUI - but it constantly blew up to 150 MBs before it dumped garbage Memory but then it only got down to about 80-90 MBs.

The OP is obviously looking for something very very low Mem use. That's not a label I would put on nUI.
11-05-09, 11:41 AM   #14
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Justicex View Post
Actually I don't think nUI is a good solution for the OP. I ran it for a while now but had to switch to a different UI although I really loved nUI - but it constantly blew up to 150 MBs before it dumped garbage Memory but then it only got down to about 80-90 MBs.

The OP is obviously looking for something very very low Mem use. That's not a label I would put on nUI.
That doesn't happen with everyone. Only some people. Mine doesn't ever go that high, and at the moment I'm running almost 100 addons with nUI.
11-05-09, 12:15 PM   #15
Lathbethnin
A Murloc Raider
Sorry for abusing this thread, but... coming to addons with low memory usage: is there any addon that offers the same feature as prat's "AltList"? It's the only reason I still keep prat running.

<shrugs>

My memory usage is around 21mb in 25 man raids, with Grid2 and Pitbull4 running, so I'm not desperate if I won't manage to reduce my addon memory even more, but I don't want to run addons of which I only use like 5% of what they offer.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » UI Project! Extremly Low Mini UI! Help Needed!