11-16-09, 11:27 PM   #1
Arvetis
A Defias Bandit
Can't make Power Auras Classic work at all.

I'm using 2.6.3, trying to make it go off on Killing Machine. This is my setup:

http://img.waffleimages.com/0639c96e.../poweraura.jpg

It works fine when I hit "test," but it never activates when the buff goes off. I've tested it with other auras, like Horn of Winter, and it doesn't work for anything. What am I doing wrong?

Hm, looks like you'll have to copy-paste the link. Sorry about that.
11-17-09, 03:09 AM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

dead link, however make sure that you have the aura enabled (i.e. not still in test)
11-17-09, 03:37 AM   #3
Arvetis
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
dead link, however make sure that you have the aura enabled (i.e. not still in test)
It doesn't work if you copy and paste the URL?

How do I see if it's enabled? I don't see a checkbox.
11-17-09, 03:48 AM   #4
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't see anything that might be wrong other than the Resting condition. If you're testing this in any location where you're rested, it will simply not show. I suggest you either move elsewhere or uncheck the Resting condition until you're satisfied that it's working as you like.

On an unrelated note, I'd recommend using something like Imageshack next time. There's not much use in an image hosting service if they don't even allow hotlinks.
11-17-09, 03:55 AM   #5
Arvetis
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by shkm View Post
I don't see anything that might be wrong other than the Resting condition. If you're testing this in any location where you're rested, it will simply not show. I suggest you either move elsewhere or uncheck the Resting condition until you're satisfied that it's working as you like.

On an unrelated note, I'd recommend using something like Imageshack next time. There's not much use in an image hosting service if they don't even allow hotlinks.
That's a good catch, but neither unchecking that nor moving to a non-rest area worked. It still doesn't go off.

It shows up fine when I hit the Test button, it just never activates when the buff goes up. Is it significant that the icon stays a question mark? Also, do you know what zero-kill meant by "still in test?"
11-17-09, 03:59 AM   #6
zero-kill
A Firelord

I'm gonna hop on and test it out, I'll give you the code once done.

EDIT:/// Well all I did to make mine work was: /powa, clicked 'New', picked an image - change the size, etc. - then type verbatim the name of the buff, toggled 'Resting' by double clicking the box and then closed the config window, pushed test and it worked, pushed test again to remove, closed the power auras window and started hittin' on the test dummy thing it procs correctly, I use the ability that makes it go away and it goes away, then comes right back like normal.

Here's a basic export/import for it:
Code:
gcd:bofalse; b:nu0.9843137254902; anim1:nu1; g:nu0.67058823529412; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:bofalse; icon:stInterface\Icons\INV_Sword_122; size:nu0.70999997854233; torsion:nu1; r:nu0.49411764705882; y:nu53; x:nu0; customname:st; groupany:botrue; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:st; bufftype:nu1; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu45; DurationExpired:bofalse; alpha:nu0.75; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; isResting:nu0; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu1; sound:nu0; TimeShown:nu0; stacksOperator:st>=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; StackCount:nu0; wowtex:botrue; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu0; InactiveDueToState:bofalse; inParty:nu0; tooltipCheck:st; aurastextfont:nu1; id:nu1; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; customtex:bofalse; spec1:botrue; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; stance:nu10; inRaid:nu0; spec2:botrue; Showing:bofalse; anim2:nu0; buffname:stKilling Machine; begin:nu0; off:bofalse; texmode:nu1; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; party:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; finish:nu1

Last edited by zero-kill : 11-17-09 at 04:18 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Can't make Power Auras Classic work at all.