04-30-10, 06:37 PM   #1
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
KgPanels question

I am having trouble setting images inside the game. I have a few images that I want to use for different toons. I can only get 2 in the game. I am copying the paths right and all the images are in a .TGA format all are under the size limit for images but for some reason only 2 of the 8 different images are able to be used.

I have tried renaming and re-saving each image but still nothing.

Any thought or tips?
05-01-10, 10:29 AM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Have you made sure they match the resolution requirements? All dimensions of the image must be a power of 2 - 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024? (not sure it accepts images with a side longer than 512 pixels).
05-01-10, 11:03 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Also need to make sure the images have an alpha channel.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-01-10, 11:24 AM   #4
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
Have you made sure they match the resolution requirements? All dimensions of the image must be a power of 2 - 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024? (not sure it accepts images with a side longer than 512 pixels).
they are all 512x256 but only 2 of the images taht are that size are showing up.

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Also need to make sure the images have an alpha channel.
The images I am using are panes from Sunn Art. how can I tell if they have or do not have an alpha channel?
05-01-10, 12:23 PM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

If they function in Sunn Art then they should be fine.

When you say the images arent there do you can get an entry in the texture list with a blank picture or do you literally get nothing?

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-01-10, 01:33 PM   #6
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
When I look at the image list click on the ones that work I see a preview of the image. When i click on the ones that do not work no preview. This is done by clicking on them in the art library tab.
05-01-10, 01:52 PM   #7
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

You might want to double check the path then. The addon is attempting to load the image but its not finding anything.

Im going to take 2 random stabs at the issue and see if either one sticks:

1) The file paths in kgpanels need to be separated by 2 back slashes like the following example:
Code:
 \\interface\\artfolder\\art.tga
2) The art in question has to be in at least the interface folder or deeper.

Also if you could provide me a link to the art you using ill test it with my set up and see if i have any issues with it.

05-01-10, 03:08 PM   #8
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
All the art I am using is in the Sunn Art packs. I will zip the 2 that I want to work but am failing to get. The 2 that I got to work are 2 that I do not want.

What I have for folders is World of Warcraft\interlace\KgArt

when looking at the LuA I have WoW\\interface\\KgArt\\image name

I will pack in the zip a copy of my LuA for KG
05-01-10, 03:39 PM   #9
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Attached is the files and the Lua.

the ones I want to work the Atom files and the stream blues and reds. but only the manga ones work and quite frankly they look stupid. so I am stuck with no panels as the ones that work I do not want and the ones I want do not work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KgArt.zip (4.84 MB, 795 views)
05-01-10, 05:48 PM   #10
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Ok i gave the art a test and it works fine. The only conclusions i can come to are either your kgpanels needs an update or the file path your entering is incorrect.

Im inclined to think it is the latter as it is not necessary to put wow at the beginning of the string.

Using your example:

WoW\\interface\\KgArt\\image name
It should look like this:

\\interface\\KgArt\\image name
As i understand it the addon automatically assumes most of he file path as the art needs to be at least in the interface folder or deeper to be recognized.

You can see the below pic of how i entered the information. I placed it in the same folder (... World of warcraft\interface\KgArt)

Im not 100% sure if you have to put the file extension in there as well. (the .tga) but i always have and it always works hehe.

Hope that helps some.

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 05-01-10 at 05:50 PM.
05-01-10, 10:20 PM   #11
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Actually, the slashes before "Interface" are unnecessary and may actually break it.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
05-01-10, 10:47 PM   #12
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Ill take your word for it. Though as you can see in my screenshot they are there and i always use them.

Either way the reference to the wow folder for the OP is definitely not necessary.

05-01-10, 10:47 PM   #13
SenseiLoki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I will try to break down the file path to just \\interface\\KgArt\\atom1.tga what is weird is Kg still recognized 2 of the images when they were just in a single folder in the main wow folder not in the interface folder.
05-03-10, 01:23 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Right. WoW only looks inside the WoW folder for files. KGPanels doesn't care where they are at within there.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » KgPanels question