08-28-12, 10:07 PM   #101
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by jc2470 View Post
only problem im seeing is, when it points you to quest area where mob or whatever is found, it is just a circle with x on the map, and not the usual grayed out area where they are. im in western plaguelands. other than that seems to be working great
yeah, that's from the change in quest POI's... i'm pondering offering both versions the one with blizz quest POI's, and the one with carbonites quest POI's since from 11-85 still works fine with carb's, I just figured more people would be doing 1-10 & 86-90 which were not working right.

08-28-12, 10:09 PM   #102
Dabhaidh
A Defias Bandit

Thank you for your hard work

08-28-12, 10:14 PM   #103
F9thRet
A Murloc Raider
I just wanted to take a few moments to say thank you, thank you, thank you.

08-28-12, 10:19 PM   #104
dillonsmom13
A Defias Bandit
I guess I'm not as computer literate as I thought. I cannot get this to work. I assumed that I use the old Carbonite and then add the 2 files, is that correct? or am I doing something wrong?

08-28-12, 10:27 PM   #105
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by dillonsmom13 View Post
I guess I'm not as computer literate as I thought. I cannot get this to work. I assumed that I use the old Carbonite and then add the 2 files, is that correct? or am I doing something wrong?
yes, that's all you should need to do.. I didn't include any subdirectories, so you should be able to just extract it into interface\addons\carbonite

08-28-12, 10:50 PM   #106
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Maybe I've done something wrong, but after I downloaded your "carbonite-mop.zip" file (791 KB) and unzipped (extracted) it into my "...... Interface/Addons" subdirectory, it does not show up as an addon in the Character selection screen under the "Addons" (button) display. No mention of Carbonite exists. Yes, I do have "Load out of date addons" checked. Also, after entering the game, there is no 'carbonite-type' display map or a "C" icon on the Blizzard mini-map.

I tried extracting it twice with "overwriting". I did notice that your two files were "stand-alone" and not inside a folder, like the other addons I use (Auctioneer and Zygor). Your two files that I see are named:

-- Carbonite.lua
-- Carbonite.toc
They are separate files and not within a folder like the other addons.

Other people have downloaded/unzipped(extracted) your zip file. It works for them, but not me.

Any suggestions, please?

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and Winzip 15.5. I can install other addons successfully. They show up in the list of addons.

08-28-12, 10:55 PM   #107
ZackZero
A Murloc Raider
Kreelor, those files need to be placed in [InstallFolder]\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite, where [InstallFolder] is your WoW folder, as those files are updates to the Carbonite addon already installed.

08-28-12, 11:02 PM   #108
Zhyr
A Defias Bandit
I noticed when doing some 85lvl stv quests that it wasn't tracking properly. Was just saying the entire area.

It's saying not in the database.

08-28-12, 11:03 PM   #109
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
yeah, to save on bandwidth I only released it as an update to an already installed version. So you must already have the old 4.3 carbonite then update the 2 files with my changes.

08-28-12, 11:09 PM   #110
Firefoot
A Murloc Raider
A very big thank you!!!!

08-28-12, 11:15 PM   #111
Zhyr
A Defias Bandit
yeah. Had it installed, overwrote the 2 files from the zip.
Carbonite is working, just quest tracking is a bit dodgy.

08-28-12, 11:18 PM   #112
Kreelor
A Firelord

yeah, to save on bandwidth I only released it as an update to an already installed version. So you must already have the old 4.3 carbonite then update the 2 files with my changes.
Yep. You're right. I figured it out before you even posted. I did not have the original Carbonite addon installed since it was totally broken.

I reinstalled its latest version, then I overwrote your two files over theirs. I see the maps now!

However, I did notice that the "transparency" feature doesn't work. Maybe that has been mentioned already. Even as it is, it's better than it was this morning! I can now play the game again.

YOU DID A GREAT JOB SO FAR. I will try to keep up on your progress. I certainly hope you don't give up like they did. I'll be happy to support you, and even them.... if they'd actually do something.

08-28-12, 11:33 PM   #113
dillonsmom13
A Defias Bandit
Thank you very much. Now that I just overwrote the files with the files you wrote, it's working! yay! Carbonite was the first download I ever used, and I can't imagine, after 4 years, of not having it anymore.

Thank you so much for your hard work!

08-28-12, 11:42 PM   #114
Kreelor
A Firelord

yes, that's all you should need to do.. I didn't include any subdirectories, so you should be able to just extract it into interface\addons\carbonite
I'm using Windows 7 and the full path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite

Edited by Kreelor: I forgot to add the "Carbonite" folder to the path, earlier, so I added it now (above).

Just for reference.

Last edited by Kreelor : 09-04-12 at 10:09 AM.

08-28-12, 11:48 PM   #115
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Yep. You're right. I figured it out before you even posted. I did not have the original Carbonite addon installed since it was totally broken.

I reinstalled its latest version, then I overwrote your two files over theirs. I see the maps now!

However, I did notice that the "transparency" feature doesn't work. Maybe that has been mentioned already. Even as it is, it's better than it was this morning! I can now play the game again.

YOU DID A GREAT JOB SO FAR. I will try to keep up on your progress. I certainly hope you don't give up like they did. I'll be happy to support you, and even them.... if they'd actually do something.
Yeah transparency was something I touched upon during the initial discussions about the work I was doing, some parts of it will work and you can adjust, other's I had to make solid because Blizzard changed how minimap transparencies work, and if you tried to make it even the slightest transparent (the minimap circle in the middle of the map is the first I can think of) it would just go entirely black.

08-29-12, 12:14 AM   #116
chilidogg11
A Murloc Raider
Got it working

Sorry my mistake was unzipping the file into the addons folder and not the already existing carbonite folder. got it working great now! Have my babies!

08-29-12, 12:15 AM   #117
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
New version is up!

To appease both parties, those wanting carbonites quest POI and those wanting blizzards POI it now does BOTH!

In the carbonite options, under quest, you can use the check box "Use Carbonite Quest POI's" to switch between the two at any time.

08-29-12, 12:42 AM   #118
Gudfark
A Defias Bandit
Cheers Rythal, as you can tell, you've made a lot of people pretty happy with this update

08-29-12, 12:48 AM   #119
Kreelor
A Firelord

New version is up!

To appease both parties, those wanting carbonites quest POI and those wanting blizzards POI it now does BOTH!

In the carbonite options, under quest, you can use the check box "Use Carbonite Quest POI's" to switch between the two at any time.
Rythal, please... when you mention or offer versions (as you have above), can you help us by naming them meaningfully so that the filename indicates the version and/or date of the version? It really helps. Naming "conventions" are important, so that we can compare our current downloaded version to any newer downloaded version we might have stored on our systems. Just a request. Adding a link to it in your post would also be helpful.

So many vendors send out versions and name them "install.exe", etc. When I see a file named like that in my Windows Explorer's list of files, I have no idea what it is. I see vendors doing that all the time.

08-29-12, 01:12 AM   #120
Cherio
A Fallenroot Satyr
Rythal! you did it

Many Many Many thanks you are my Addons hero for MOP

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Will Carbonite be updated for MOP?